Transformers Kre-O Basic Bumblebee In-Hand Images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by raiden225005, Jun 10, 2011.

1. raiden225005

raiden225005 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just came back from my local toysrus where I picked up the basic bumblebee, basic prime, jazz, mirage, and prowl Kre-o's. I figured I post some pictures of the basic figures since these, being the cheapest, might be the ones that people interested in the line would be most willing to try out. I'll post pics of the basic prime a little later after I build it up.

First off I wanna say that this set is really good for the price. The pieces all click in nice and solid and they are really comparable to lego quality. It only has ball joints in the legs and ankle but these joints are very good quality. Unlike bionicle joints the ball is actually rubberized so it gives great friction and does not have any looseness.

The one interesting thing I found after building both modes is that the vehicle has left over parts, namely the head, legs, and a few others pieces that you can neatly attach to the underside of the car. This may seem bad to some who don't like having left over parts. I on the other hand am glad that they didn't force the leg parts into the transformation and end up with something of BTR quality. The one other bad thing about the basics and their next size up is that they don't have actual hands. They still look great though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can you take the head off its joint? (Wondering for custom potential down the line)

3. raiden225005

News Credits:
    actually yeah, the head is on a ball joint and is removable. The head feels like a hard rubber but it should lend itself well to customs.

4. Heat Blast

Heat Blast Laserbeak's Stunt Double

The only thing that bugs me about the basic ones is the lack of shoulder mobility

5. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I prefer those mini Kreo stuff instead, Kreons?

6. raiden225005

News Credits:
    It doesn't bother me too much but it definitely would have been better if they had ball jointed arms. I haven't built up the jazz and mirage yet but it looks like they have the same shoulders as the basics. Even with the same shoulders the 12 dollar sets are probably more appealing since they come with 2 kreons.

7. Heat Blast

Heat Blast Laserbeak's Stunt Double

When you do, could you post size comparison pics next to Bumblebee?

8. raiden225005

News Credits:
    I already got the bumblebee chilling in car mode so I took some comparison pics between the basic prime and Mirage.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]