Transformers KO/Bootleg safety question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Zombie Megatron, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Zombie Megatron

Zombie Megatron New Member

Greetings, all. This is something that has been on my mind for quite some time, but I never got around to actively pursuing information regarding it. When I was a kid, one of my favorite Transformers figures was the Beast Wars Transmetal II Dragon Megatron. Years later, it was lent to a younger relative, who in turn caused some damage to it. One of the wings was broken off from the hinge. I could probably fix this with glue, but never got around to doing so.

Some time after that, I received a nearly identical figure, but something wasn't quite right. The "wheels" attached to the legs were colored gray instead of black and the purple Predacon insignia on the chest piece is missing. The figure also came with a mini translucent dinosaur. I started doing some research and according to what I found, it was most likely an "Animism Defender." I don't really know much about Transformers bootlegs or knockoffs, but it seems like those are at least moderately well known. Now, I'd like to have a Dragon Megatron in excellent condition, but I'm worried as to its safety. I'm pretty paranoid about lead paint and other potential chemicals that could be in it. I tried finding information on the AD figures, but couldn't find much besides pictures and a single review of one. Could anyone tell me if I should keep the thing or toss it in the trash? I'm worried about even touching it right now.

2. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lead paint isnt going to do anything to an adult that uses his/her figs mostly for display. Even handling it with your hands is safe, just dont lick it and you'll be ok.

(though, lead really screws with kids more than adults, something about not being done developing)

3. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    just do not lick or eat your plastic toys...

and you will be fine.

4. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    Just follow common sense and you should be fine.

5. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

have any KO's been found to have lead paint? or japanese versions like henkei or united? i dont know about safety standards in other countries. that said i dont much trust the enforcement and or rules here in the usa either.

6. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Sounds like you got one of the KOs from BigLots. They had tons of cheaply made Beast Wars figures.

7. Zombie Megatron

Zombie Megatron New Member

Not that I know of, but all those toys from China that were recalled a few years ago has made me extra cautious when it comes to this sort of thing. Those were produced by legitimate companies and were still deemed unsafe. So naturally, I'm automatically suspicious about anything KO-related.

8. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

do you lick your toys? if not 'lead paint' shouldn't be a problem either way, strong chemical smell is a different matter.