Transformers Kiss Convoy...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by butz, Jul 9, 2006.

1. butz

butz slippery when wet

Should I get the Takara/Tomy Kiss version of Alt Prime? The only reason I'd rather have that version than the domestic release is to get that surfboard sword; otherwise, it costs more for me to import it, don't care about the figurine it comes with, don't care for the "Kiss" backstory, etc. What do you guys think? I'm generally not the type to have a lot of extra cash, especially with Classics and such coming up. The again, I really want that silly looking sword.

2. convoyprime

convoyprime soundwave¨kid¨from tfcon

dont wast you money after its out for a wile try and lookfor just the sword loose

3. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

I would go for the Alt version but I don't care about that sword. If you really must have the sword go ahead and get the BT, or you could kitbash one.

4. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I, personally, am not impressed by the sword so I wouldn't. However, the question you have to ask yourself (if the different paint apps aren't an issue for you) if the surfboard sword is worth the extra $25 that he's going to cost versus the domestic version for $20. If it is than get it and throw the little girl away before she burns out your retinas! :D 

5. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

i am torn on getting it for a different reason, the metal! That is the only reason I want it, if it is die cast or not. The sword isn't influencing me at all. If he is metal less I can not see paying that much for an alt prime with a little girl and a sword.

6. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That $20 price for the Alt is assuming you can find it in a store. No luck here in NYC. :throw 

I'm in favour of the Kiss. The paint aps look so much better.

7. butz

butz slippery when wet

Yeah, I should also mention that I still haven't seen one in a store yet.

8. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I vote for the sword and the nicer paint apps. But then, I'm getting one and selling them too, so...I'm obviously biased.

Right now, we have a source that says there WILL be die-cast, and a couple that say no. We'll know soon enough, I imagine.

9. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    If it does turn out diecast, then I say definitely. I've bought expensive Microman figures just for silly little accessories, so I know what that's like.

You could buy Kiss Convoy, keep the sword, sell the rest, and eventually find Optimus in a store.

10. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I guess it depends on how badly you want the surfboard and if die-cast is an issue (once we actually find out for sure whether or not it will be die cast)....personally I don't care about the surfboard thing, and I refuse to support that travesty of an idea to begin with. I'm holding out for Alt prime, but I agree that the japanese version does have better paint apps.

11. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I read in a Japanese message board that there was a mention of Kiss Play Convoy containing NO diecast. The poster was quoting a hobby magazine. But I haven't seen the article myself so I can't confirm that.

As for the sword, I actually thought of getting the set for it. I wanted to give it to my ALT Nemesis so that I can see him as Black Convoy :lol 

12. callmaster

callmaster Well-Known Member

I have the Alternator Prime. One disappointed customer. The plastic has a cheap feel to it. It's badly made, the color doesn't match. Damn. I want to get rid of my Prime.

I really hope the kiss convoy is die cast.

13. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    yeah, why not?

that surfboard kicks ass.

at this point, i find the point of how much you spend on playthings (regardless of plastic/die cast content) rather moot.

14. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

I second that. The build quality of the alt is absolutely awful, I've never seen anything so bad. I'd say you're better off waiting until Kiss Convoy is released and a couple of comparison reviews come out before deciding which way to go.

15. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Wait until about 3/4 months after release date. It's unlikely to sell well, and dealers will be selling it off at a discount....

16. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh, you mean like every alt from Prowl onwards? The only exception to that would be Skids... and it's F-ING SKIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't believe the Kiss Convoy is going to be Diecast. There was an article specifically saying that it wouldn't be, but I also remember an article coming out after words saying that it may or something like that...

17. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

You noticed that too about QC? Red Box Prowl, which I have is fine, however his bubble counterparts are horrible. I had to literally sift through them to find one worth keeping misb. I have issues with them all since so far, minus skids as well. I mean my mirage had a white fingerprint from what I am guessing was from when they painted the white stripes!

About KISS convoy and die-cast, there have been several conflicting reports. Tak/Tomy had came out and said that all the toys shown were made from plastic alternator versions, however that their's would have metal. So who knows. It is up in the air at this point I guess.

18. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

This is how I feel about TF Kiss Convoy, btw, I own every BT and BTA figure plus the color variants. I'm not gonna get it and I'm not gonna bother with the KISS line. Here are my reasons.

1. I no longer care about diecast Transformers. Plastic ones are funner to play with and easier to pose.
    2. If its diecast, why not just get the Alternator one?
    3. Dumb accessories. A surf board and another stupid figurine.
    4. Its not part of the BT or BTA line. I don't care about the premise about the KISS line. I don't care if anyone says that the KISS line is the next evolution of the BT/BTA line. The KISS line might as well be a Chinese knock-off toy for all I care. Its a way stupid departure from BT.
    5. I haven't really noticed any improvements over the paint apps. I feel that Takara usually has better paint apps but I am finished with paying premium prices for slightly better paint apps.
    6. There really isn't anything special about the KISS Convoy over the Alt Prime. No special trading card, booklet, or continuation of the BT storyline. Who cares.

Also, as far as the quality of Alternator figures goes, I have Alt Ricochet, Rollbar, Prime and Mirage opened and I don't have any complaints about the quality of plastic or paint applications. I love Alt Prime's robot design and my only complaint about him is that its difficult to flush his hood correctly in truck-mode. But I suspect that's just a plain design flaw and it would be the same problem if it were a diecast BT toy.

So in conclussion-- Takara threw away all that was special about the BT line and replaced with cheap-gimmicky-anime-girl-kawaii-cute-crap. Oh well.

I have absolutely no regrest or remorse skipping this item. When BT and BTA were in full swing, I was always staying on top of those lines. This is no longer the case. Nope.

19. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, the QC on Alternators has been horride lately. The only one I haven't heard about having any problems (and didn't experience any myself) was Skids. Both Prowl and Mirage had broken mirrors when I recieved them (luckily I was able to replace both of them) and Ricochet has that blasted white nose thing going on... don't anyone try to convince me that that thing is intentional... Prime is flimsy as hell and Rollbar has some paint scratches on him. Yeah, hurray for alts...

Interesting. I guess I missed that last report from Takara/Tomy. Still, will be interesting to see.