Transformers Japan - The Lost Trilogy

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Simango3, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Simango3

Simango3 Member

As of March 2012 Shout Factory has released the Lost Trilogy of Transformers East (Heasmasters , Masterforce and Victory) <Victory due August 28th> I have gotten mine in on Monday (Minus Victory) and have started up Headmasters this week.

Have any of you guys also seen Transformers East? If so opinions and what to expect please.

2. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

Expect Daniel to be even more whiny, and wheelie to be a non-rhyming jerk.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I think the Japanese G1 shows are generally well-regarded, with the possible exception of Headmasters, which many consider to be kind of boring. Also some people aren't fans of Masterforce due to a large chunk of the main cast being human-controlled robots instead of actual Transformers from Cybertron.

4. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    Just watched Zone last night some of those Japanese episode are like "im lost what is going on"

5. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Headmasters draws folks because it's a cast that the rest of the world knows and it continues from US season 3 but it is also increadibly dry, drawn out and boring for much of its run with almost none of the characters getting any characterization worth a darn.

Masterforce is, objectively about a million times beter. The characters are characters, with actual personalities, many of them are fun. The plot moves. Things happen. Some "hardcore" fans dislike it just because it has a large human cast, but I'd much rather watch a fun interesting show with a large human cast than a boring as heck one that's all TFs.

And Victory? It falls somewhere in between. Not quite as fun and original as Masteforce, but definately a step up from Headmasters.

-ZacWilliam, wishes the US releases included Zone,

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Masterforce is the only show I liked out of the three, and I really, really liked it.

Headmasters and Victory bored the hell out of me, and a lot of "characters" that are pretty much worshipped by the fandom (Star Saber) are completely devoid of any characterization at all.

7. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    its a lost trilogy?

i know beast wars II and beast wars Neo are a real lost duo, but thankfully japan is finally rectifying that, though they are gonna be EXPENSIVE

(can't wait for tv-nihon to sub those shows)

8. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

I do not understand the love for Victory. I found it extremely boring. Headmasters is a fun show, but Masterforce is awesome. It's a very well written show, with character development and and a good overarching plot.

9. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    There is nothing lost about it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've had them for what feels like forever now.

10. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    How are they lost. They where floating around the internet for a long time. Before Shout Factory, you can watch the entire series fan subbed on youtube.

guard convoy is correct. The Japanese Beast Wars series are more of a lost series than anything else.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  11. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

girial unite godbomber
    i saw couple mf eps and chomedome createding braces and transforcetors
    send braces and transfoncets to earth

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I didn't know they were missing in the first place.

13. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

destrons stole some braces and transfocters from spaceship

14. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I guess they are "lost" in that they were never released in the US before, although they have been accessible in English for a while now.

Semantics on what to call them aside, here's what to expect:

Headmasters - weakest of the three IMO, very episodic but a decent continuation of Generation 1, and good to see a lot of those characters from that period get some decent screentime.

Masterforce - best of the three IMO. You'll either love it or hate it, it takes the basic concept and does something very different with it. I like it for the deeper plot it brought in, different take on humans and generally a different approach to the series in general.

Victory - it's a more traditional series but lacking the depth of Masterforce. A good action series and some fun characters, although it is also where the villains started to get a bit more goofy. Kind of like a proto-RiD in some ways.

All in all the three are worth watching, Masterforce I do really enjoy and the best part on that one is it can almost be taken as its own continuity apart from the rest - other than the aforementioned Chromedome cameos there's not a lot to tie it into what went before.

15. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
  16. Simango3

Simango3 Member

I was wondering about thoes other DVDs. Are they Reg 1 compadible?

17. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Headmasters was pretty cool.

Masterforce was awesome.

Victory was loaded with recap episodes. But not too many.

LOL... They're so lost...

Especially when we've practically got a wiki, Internet access, RAW's, DVD's, toys, and comics of em....

SO LOST... :lol  :lol  :lol 

18. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    I can expect some people to find things we've known about for years and then say they were lost. This problem occurs because those who are either not die-hard fans, or have been in the community for a long enough time don't know enough about Transformers.

This comes up every now and then, but really did before the 2007 movie came out. I've heard from many people that thought TF was a cartoon in the 80s, and then there was nothing in between it and the new movie franchise.

So I can definately understand if someone finds something from in-between and thinks it is "lost."

19. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, I know before 2007 when I would talk with friends about it they would ask if TF was still going. To a lot of people Transformers did go out with the 90s, perhaps they weren't aware of it in between, especially over here with the tiny media presence Transformers had until the movies came along.