Transformers is the #3 grossing Movie of 2007

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Super_Megatron, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Nice to see Transformers being a blockbuster hit of 2007.

2. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    You mean it beat out the awesome box office record-holder that was Transformers The Movie of 1987? Say it ain't so! XD

3. AxelFoley

AxelFoley Member

3rd ey? Pretty damn neat! I hope part 2 will be even more successful!

4. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Who you told you that, Phazer?

5. TrickyDisco

TrickyDisco <b><font color=blue>Voted TFW2005's Sexiest Female

News Credits:
  6. tarheels

tarheels Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I loved how this movie was only to appeal to fan boys and would bomb because they did not make the movie to appeal to a more general audience.

7. butheadimus prime

butheadimus prime Picard?

Ebay:
    Well whenever I ask people in general I keep hearing transformers was the best movie of 2007. (Popcorn eye candy movie.) if you want a movie that wins awards go watch charlie wilsons war which is pretty good too. This movie locked up a new generation of fans brought back some old ones too. I think its great. People who bitch about the changes like the way the bots looked or megs was a jet I get it. It's not what you are used to or think is best. Thats cool but things change. You say failure and get 319 mil stuffed in your face. Say what you want but economically and general population opinion wise you got crushed. Like I said things change. When I was a kid and wated some gijoes for optimus to run over my dad took me to the store and said this is a gijoe? He went on to bitch and I got my gijoe's he was a generation behind but not to his fault and the 12 inch figs returned badder than ever. Classics brought back our old 80's designs with a kick in the ass to get them more modern. remember the more things change the more they stay the same especially whenthe transformers remake in 2023 brings back all the 80's designs. I guess I will be a bit grey in the hair by then but still argueing with you buttheads then too...

8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Why is it every darn time I start to enjoy Transformers again that someone just has to bring up something about the movie to just ruin my good mood? Yea the film made lots of money, yea Bay and his buddies found a way to alienate me from something I used to like. I have a few good days with Animated and then some one has to bring up the fact that I'll never get a good Transfomers movie because 2007 proved you just can't write movies too poorly anymore.

9. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    haha screw you haters

teehee that never gets old

10. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Oh, I love posting this so much:

11. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Well, it's the truth. The movie was extremely poorly written, and horribly edited. Pacing was everywhere, scenes that should have been short (autobots at the house, every scene with fat hacker guy) were too long, and scenes that were too short should have been longer (any of the fight scenes) and the fight scenes were too close-up and blurry to know what is going on.

And no one can use the "well, it's based on toys and a poorly written 80's cartoon" as an excuse, because Disney worked wonders on the original "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie (the sequels sucked, I'll admit). Everything from Johnny Depp, the undead pirate characters, etc worked and meshed brilliantly. Both the good guys and bad guys got enough screen time to show their personalities. With Transformers, we have no idea why anyone would be a Decepticon. Why does Starscream "Live to serve" Megatron? The decepticons have less personality than the raptors in Jurassic Park.

These are all issues that can be fixed in a sequel, as long as Michael Bay is controlled more by Speilberg... but since the first movie made a buttload of money and proved that all people want are shiny special effects and don't care about story, we'll probably get more of the same slop that we got this year. Dog crap with a pretty bow on it is still dog crap.

12. PeterNorth

PeterNorth Well-Known Member

i know who im never going to see a movie with

13. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not to knock it, but there haven't really been many Tuesday openings, have there? It was almost always Friday until Phantom Menace I think, then it was either Friday or Wednesday. So there shouldn't really be much competition for that title.

Still, woot!

14. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    YAY! Transformers = FTW! Best movie EVER!

15. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    If you are entertained by movies that are the theatrical equivalent of a dancing banana sprite, I'd rather not go to the movies with you, either. Is it so wrong for me to want to get my money's worth out of a movie? If I'm paying $40 for a night at the movies (two tickets, food, and a babysitter) I want hollywood to earn my money.

I find it sad that the top movies (the ones all of hollywood will use as a marker for more films) were crappier than "Ghost Rider." A lot of the problems with the first two on the list was the fact they were sequels in a franchise that started out very solidly.
    Spidey 2 and Shrek were both very good movies. The third movies were just total disappointments when you look at the whole picture.

This year just had lazy "George Lucas style" movies. No one seemed to be trying hard to make a great picture, just throw as many special effects on screen as possible and hope the audience doesn't notice there is no story.

Honestly, my favorite film of the year was "Ratatouille." Not Pixar's finest, but far better than anything else released this year.

16. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Didn't this movie get its ass kicked by the others internationally, though? I mean, they expected it to do really well in Japan and it, well, didn't.

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I might be a bit less pessimistic if it was a one off movie for Bay or a one off movie for Hollywood, but Transformers pretty much highlighted everything that was wrong with the summer movie season. Now of course there is the joy of Hollywood bringing back all their '07 bad writing with Spiderman 4, Shrek 4, Transformers 2, and even some rumblings about a possible Pirates 4.

Then of course you have all those insanely optimistic types telling you stuff like it made money so it's a good film. Or it made money so the second film will be better. Or it made money so the second film will be better written and for the first time in his life Bay will put some focus on characters and story. Or some fairy tale about how the first film had to be only about the new fans but that's okay because the second film can be about us old fans.

Of course if you say anything about not liking the first film or not looking forward to the second film well that's just mindless hating because we should all bow down before money and power because might make right or some such thing. Or the fun of someone crowing about how they loved the film so the rest of the fandom should take a long walk off a short space bridge because it should all be about what you want and the heck with all the other fans as long it's something you like personally.

18. DoctorJoe

DoctorJoe who?

News Credits:

See, now the problem that I have with you writing the same thing over and over, is that it is your opinion. People found reasons to be entertained by things you don't like. Does this make you right? Hardly. This may come as a surprise to you, but you could be wrong......! as far as I can see there are 700 million dollars worth of ticket sales that disagree with you. Again, this doesn't make everybody but you stupid, ok? I agree with peteynorth....

19. Optimus62

Optimus62 War For Cybertron!!!!!

:rock  Transformers rule!!!

20. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I enjoyed watching the TF movie a hell of a lot. I'm glad it did so well.