transformers investment toys to save for 20 years

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by coppertop5150, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I'm inclined to agree with that assessment. Though I don't think the G1 boom is entirely due to nostalgia for toys we grew up with. I wasn't even aware of a lot of those toys as a kid, but as an adult looking through photo galleries you often come across old stuff that looks kinda cool. I'm sure there are kids today who have developed an interest that extends back beyond the current stuff.

Here's something else to consider: back when there was only say 50 different transformer toys, each one of them carried more significance. When there's been hundreds, they become less important. When there's been thousands, many of them become forgettable, disposable. Here today, gone tomorrow. You reach a point where no one even considers ideas of completism remotely possible. There's so much coming out these days, I barely have time to consider vintage stuff.

With so many products competing for everyone's money, we may not see the same bidding wars where everyone was competing to buy a more limited range of toys.

2. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    Not true. I sold a majority of my G1 collection in '99 on eBay and got an average of $50 - $60 per. Made over $1200 on about 60 bots. I may even still have the receipts (except for of course the one I *need* in order to contact Sunstreaker's buyer so I can exchange the accessories I accidentally sent him. I sent Mirage's. :p  ). If anything, prices have dropped on most figures.

If you're looking for 'investment value', join the club and get the Botcon sets...or buy them from someone here or on eBay. Otherwise just collect what you like and enjoy them!

--Moony