Transformers Infiltration #4 - Preview

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Shaun_C, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

IDW Publishing has posted a preview for TF:Infiltration #4

Enjoy :) 

2. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    man, i just dont like any of those covers...starscream looks so odd...but thats probably the best...maybe the cartoonish bumblee pulling a cup on blitzwing....eh...

and i didnt read the preview part, cuz ill end up buying the issue anyway, so its no big deal...hopefully something starts happening soon...how long does the infiltration arc run? 6 issues?

3. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Out of five pages, three panels that show any actual Transformers. But only in vehicle mode!!

Sigh...When's the next Beast Wars issue?

4. Denyer

Denyer Shooty Dog Thing

I'm loving Bumblebee. :) 

"Harsh as it sounds -- and balanced against what else we know could be happening right now -- these three, ultimately... are acceptable losses."

Yay for fiction with 'real' stakes.

It'd help if the preview images were a bit larger for the text...

5. highlander3000

highlander3000 Jump around!

News Credits:
    You know I almost see the covers as false advertising. The covers have the original G1 feel but when you read the book SURPRISE!!! everyone looks different. If the redesign is part of the book then put them on the cover-----unless you know that the classic designs are what sells in which case put those designs in the book!

6. Hakudoushi

Hakudoushi Well-Known Member

:rock  I think some ppl are cutting these issues short. Sure we haven't seen much of TFs, but stories that built up to a climax IMHO is a lot better story than just jumping into the action and leaving the character development to the wind. I like issues like the ones I've seen so far.

The art is So So. I can't say anything really bad about seeing as I can draw a TF worth a crap. Sure its not as good as DW's but I'd rather read a TF comic that doesn;t have as much of a Wow factor as DW then no comics at all.

I think IDW's doing a great job so far and it can only get better.

7. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    The whole "Bumblebee holding a big gun" cover was done by DW two years ago.

8. Denyer

Denyer Shooty Dog Thing

Yeah, and it wouldn't be a good surprise if the interior art looked like the American cartoon...

There are covers by the main artist. Raiz is also sticking to covers that tie into the story, and looking at the covers for the next issue other artists are starting to experiment with the IDW designs.

The only cover I've really felt was misleading so far was the Blitzwing/Jazz one, because it featured two characters who were in the issue but in completely different situations -- but that's what the comics-buying audience gets for preferring pinup art on covers. *shrug*

I'd rather not have TF comics than the mess of Dreamwave series and tie-in books... if a company's going to do an Ultimate Transformers style series, jumping right into the Unicron war (or a period equivalent to season two, which is what Dreamwave chose) isn't even remotely true to the fiction.

It'd be like starting the first issue of X-Men with events in the Shi'ar Empire.

9. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    yeah, i noticed that too....they shoulda done bumblejumper with a big gun...

or seaspray...

10. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Building to a climax is fine, but these are single issue comics, not a TPB. If there are only going to be actual TRANSFORMERS in this book once every six (seven?) issues, perhaps we'd be better off buying only the sixth issue.

Perhaps the "climax" will be the killing off of that Verity brat. Painfully, I hope.

11. Denyer

Denyer Shooty Dog Thing

So it's good there are cliffhangers rather than "guess which big TF McMicktyk is going to have show up at the start of next issue's fight."

(Incidentally, nowt personal. Trading snarky comments passes the time...)

12. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ever notice Bumblebee's big gun is never handy whenever he's blown to bits by G.I. Joe or Cobra? :lol 

13. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    still really not feeling the art. to the point it's a chore to read. Hopefully they'll get someone new on the next arc after Stormbringer...

14. Denyer

Denyer Shooty Dog Thing

Quick poll, out of curiosity:

What other comics are people who have any issues with the art on Infiltration reading?

15. RobotoChan

RobotoChan Nothing to see here

News Credits:
    Well at the moment I am only reading the new Gunsmith Cats books from Japan and The Invincible Iron Man with artwork by the genius that is Adi Granov.

And it isn't the art that I have such an issue with.
    My gripes are that the robot forms didn't need a redesign, so why bother?
    And also, the book is dull to read.
    It doesn't capture my imagination at all, whatsoever, so what reason do I have to pick up the next issue?

But the money will speak for itself, when it doesn't sell, it will cease to exist. And that would be a good thing in my opinion.

16. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    I love that cover. :lol :lol :lol 

*Bumblebee humping Blitzwing's barrel*

Blitzwing: Get the f*** off!!!

Pure genius. :lol :lol :lol 

17. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Beast Wars. GI Joe/TF Vol. 3. And my issues are with the redesigns and the facial expressions on the humans. I'll admit, my issues are with the style, not the artistic competency.

I'm not a big comic book geek, so I can't go chapter and verse with that crowd. I do know my TFs though.

18. Chantinelle

Chantinelle Well-Known Member

Newsflash - this is how most comics are written nowadays, purely with the TPB in mind. Most stories will be spread over 6 parts or maybe the occasional 4 with 2 one shots or a two parter, all so things can be nicely packaged together for the trade.

That's just the way things are these days, slow burning, stretched out to better fit the trade. Not saying it's right, it's just the way things are. Single issue comics are a lost and dying art.

19. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not into comics, so this is the only book I pick up; and I'm really trying to give it a fair shake, so much so that I continue to purchase all the cover variants and even most of the incentives. Nevertheless, I've seen fan artwork on these boards that blows away all four of those covers.

20. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Hahahaha! To me, Bumblebee looks like a frightened bear cub clinging to Blitzwing's barrel....but I'll still buy it anyway 'cause I'm digging the storyline.