Transformers Infestation #2 - Spoilers

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by UltraMagnus3786, Feb 19, 2011.

1. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

Discuss away!!

2. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

Where the frick did Jihaxus come from?! Last we saw of him, Arcee was playing kick ball with his head. I'm still not pleased with the whole "magical-undermind-infestation-zombie-vampire" thing, also not too pleased with Kups fate (although it is still kind of left open). It will be interesting to see what effect this has on future stories though. Glad that Galvatron is becoming a bigger part of the story again. Overall I have very mixed feelings about all this.

3. wingblade prime

wingblade prime On the Lost Light

Having read both parts today, my only question is-WHAAAAAAT???? I feel like I missed a big chunk of this somehow. So, is this in continuity or not? I heard that it is, but you don't have to read it. If that's true, then I'd really be wondering where Kup is, and why Jihaxus is alive, etc. Especially since this leads into "Hearts of Darkness", which leads into the ongoing storyline "Chaos". How can this NOT be continuity?

4. Gridlock1987

Gridlock1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes it definitly is, but like you said, idw stated it can be skipped, and nothing will be missed (with seems to be a lie, considerig it turned out to be a setup for Heart of Darkness mini...xP)

Propably in the DU, with all the zombies that got teleported there. Maybe we will see his fate in the HoD.

Well... um... Ok, since HoD is also writen by DnA, maybe it will explain that too. xD

I liked Infestation, but it would be better as a 3-4 part story. Too much happened in to little space. On the other hand we got 4 issue of Ironhide mini, were not much happened, and while good, it felt stretched...xP

5. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    3 must be the magic number for these writers

6. UltraMagnus3786

also, didn't britt open into a portal? And grab kup as he was struggling? She could've told the zombies to stop walking through it, or changed the coordinates back herself.

Reread most of it today, and Kup's fate is pretty sad. Roche did a great job with the art depicting Kup's infested madness. as someone mentioned in the #1 forum, the story felt a bit rushed and could've benefited from at least 1 more book.

7. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

As far as Kup goes.... his fate was kind of actually left open. Is he actually dead? Maybe? Maybe not? He could be in the dead universe. Maybe he'll end up meeting up with Nightbeat and Hardhead in the dead universe. There could be potential for a pretty interesting story there.

8. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I think he is in the Dead universe, we never saw a body, don't forget that he is technically a pretender and they can survive in the dead universe and not go through what Galvatron and his crew went through.
    Though he is Impaled still so it could be years and years of torment for Kup before we see him saved or something making his mental state even worse :eek: 

9. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If this had been a 4 issue story I think it would have been better. More time to build up tension. As it was it was so short it was almost pointless. 'Oh their are zombies, what are we gonna do!? Oh we can now teleport them to the dead universe.'

10. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

I'm more interested in Galvatron, and what exactly is this Heart of Darkness he brought back from the Dead Universe. I won't be following any of the other Infestation issues.

Kup was a great IDW character, I'm interested in seeing how the other's react to Prowl's manipulation of him.

11. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Wow. And I thought it couldn't get any worse with what they were doing to Kup.

But hey, who knows? He survived having a sudden character shift in AHM. Maybe this will be handled well too. I can hope, right? :( 

12. UltraMagnus3786

If I remember correctly, Kup didn't really have a personality besides "solar crystal addicted meth head" before AHM. It was only when he was brought back as a Pretender that we got to see him in action.

13. Deadboy

Deadboy Well-Known Member

Finally read this issue. It sucked. Hard. I can't believe they used this jumbled mess as the pay-off to Kup's ongoing story with Prowl and the protocols in his head. Kup probably isn't dead, so that at least saves me being annoyed about his death being wasted in such a terrible story.

Ugh. The pacing was terrible, nothing made a lick of sense, the characterizations all seemed off; there was pretty much nothing about this book that was worth reading.

14. 9.8m/s^2

9.8m/s^2 What's in a name?

Well, Kup did say he was sending them all back to the beginning of the Dead Universe. Sooo....when the Ark 1 goes there eons, later, and finds a mysterious and evil consciousness waiting for them...I'm thinking it's the Undermind/Britt, wanting to come back.

I'm betting Galvatron figured this out early on, and intentionally gave Kup those time coordinates to ensure that Britt would be in the Dead Universe, thus ensuring Galvatron's own creation.

15. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    I liked the issue.
    No fancy who's who... just bots gettin' on with savin' the day.
    Action and plot heavy is a nice change of pace after a decade of decompressed storytelling. There was action and conflict and stuff happened.

Bring on the Heart of darkness.

16. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just read Infestation 2 and Jhiaxus appeared out of nowhere for no reason, what's that about? Kup was pretty cool but I am sure that it would have been better to have died in LSOTW rather than in this.

I suppose at least it played with the idea of Kup confronting what he did when stranded on that planet but if they were going to kill him off it should have been fighting Overlord rahter than killing a Zombie apocalypse. (I suppose spoken like that how he went sounds better but that comic series remains the mark that transformers comics should try to reach.)

17. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

Too much in too little space is better than what IDW have been churning out recently in the ongoing series - i.e. the exact opposite.

If you jump back to Revelation, you'll find out a wee bit more about the HoD... assuming it is what I think it is.

That was my first thought when reading it - some kinda Terminator-esque paradox where Galvatron ensures his own fate.

Couldn't agree more about the characterisation - Prime belittling Kup during his mental breakdown couldn't have seemed more wacky.

Well since Jhiaxus can't die, I figured he'd be back at some point. I was more wondering why Arcee let him go... did she really get bored of him? Did Galvatron go rescue him? Aaaaargh continiuity kerfuffle!

Agree with everything in second paragraph... though I'd rather not see Kup die at all, just yet. Seems recently they're just killing off all the well-developed characters at random. I hope at the very least, Prowl will have to answer for his manipulations. Preferably with his head, the boring git.

18. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    QFT, he was the secondary villian in LSOTW if you ask me, Overlord was there to kill them but Prowl was the one who sent them to get a computer chip only to possibly destroy it. Where is his conscience is what I want to know.

19. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

When Kup inevitably returns, I'm hoping he'll force Prowl into the open and beat him senseless (a'la Ironhide/Mirage)

20. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Britt. Wtf.

Im just buying for nicks art really.