Transformers Infestation #1

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by omegafix, Feb 2, 2011.

1. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Infestation 1 and 2 are the bookend titles to this story. You can read those 2 without reading any of the other ones.

Also you can read the Liscensed ones without having to read the bookend ones, and there's no crossover between them, well except for the same character appearing in each.

2. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Well, it is wacky fun, but even with that in mind I HATED some of it. Especially what's going on with Kup. There is so much story potential with him starting to remember what he did, and I always thought that it would be the grand finale to his fantastic character development, which survived even AHM. But THIS is where it comes into play? Really? REALLY?

yes I mad

Bayonet makes me want to facepalm bigtime as well, but I didn't read Infestation #1, so I don't know who she is or where she came from, so maybe a
    vampire who is taken over by a zombie hivemind and disguised herself as a Transformer
    makes sense in context.

3. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    as they say, death means nothing, kup will be back. fingers crossed

4. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    no way kup is dead, nothing can kill that old bastard

5. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well remember he is a "Pretender" now. Don't know how it works, but it might just be his armour/shell that's damaged.

6. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

it's just a flesh wound, he'll walk it off.

all in all, i was very confused by the story, guess i'll have to pick up infestation #1 or read a synopsis. also, I didn't understand kup's freakout-- why is he seeing the zombies as the "demons" he fought in his spotlight? the demons in the spotlight were simply autobots sent to save him. was his freakout connected in some way, or was he simply running out of juice in his cygar?

I actually really liked the art, more so than most of roche's stuff. that first shot of the autobots appearing is awesome. also I just think lafuente does an amazing job with colors.

really liked the depiction of galvatron in this issue, altho he seemed goofier than previous incarnations. not necessarily a bad thing.

also prime seemed a bit off. his first line seemed like it should be coming from someone else. also him expressing impatience at kup was off too.

also weird that bayonetta appears out of nowhere and galvatron doesn't notice.

still enjoyable and action packed. looking forward to #2.

7. Gridlock1987

Gridlock1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He lost his cy-gar in the battle, there's even a panel pointing that out. And, well, seing zombies again had to bring back some awfull memories.

8. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Loss of cygar affects him that quickly? If I was Perceptor I'd be handing him two at a time just in case.
    Ta fer the info. I might pick up Infestation 1 and 2 next time I'm at the comic shop. But if not it sounds like it's no disaster. Just trying to buy as little extra as possible to get the best effect without buying everything.

9. UltraMagnus3786

He starts having the flashes before he loses his cygar. but then later you're right, when he's ranting about how it's his fault and how he's responsible, he doesn't have the cygar. kinda odd though

10. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In addition, I think the presence of zombies helped to jump-start the flashes this time.

11. shadowsfm

News Credits:
    if britt shows up (or at least her consciousness manipulated by the overmind), i wounder if her 3 friends will show up too

12. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Kup can't die in this, if he survived LSOTW to only be killed off in this then something is wrong.

13. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    zombies are always awesome, but judging from the previews for the other stuff id say the others have the TF one beat. hell I had a hard time figuring out who some of the characters were sometimes because of the art style they went with. ill keep reading though

14. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    So has this Britt been seen in the other tie ins? And if so can someone give us a brief bit of background

15. UltraMagnus3786

also, anyone know what happened in infestation 1?

16. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

Infestation #1 explains where the zombies and the "undermind" come from. Britt was a Vampire who was part of some secrete gov't organization of vampires, and all kinds of freakish stuff. Kind of almost a rip off of Hell Boy in a way. Then there's this COMPLETE rip off of the stargate. It has the shevrons and the ramp leading up to it, it's even underground in some military bunker.

But for the story the "stargate" goes to some other dimensions where apparently zombies have come from before and this zombie hunter guy helped fight them back and seal the portal so they couldn't come through again but they could still look through to the zombie side. Or so they thought, so this zombie hunter guy gets all cocky and is the first one to bite it when the zombies start coming through again.

The zombies and the underminds influence get through the gate. Take over some of this special Vampires etc. team's characters, zombifies this Vampire Britt chick. The undermind figures out how to use the portal to go to other dimensions and takes Britt with it. Britt's team mates manage to shut the portal and kill off the remaining zombies, and swear to get Britt back somehow.

The undermind is like a collective mind (somewhat like the Borg in Star Trek) and needs to feed in order to expand both in knowledge and in numbers. It feeds through the zombies. The more worlds it zombifies the more it can grow.

I thought it was a bunch of rubbish and pretty cliche. Kind of rips off a lot of ideas that have already been done. It didn't involve any Transformers, Star Trek, Ghostbusters, or G.I. Joe characters at all, like I thought it was going to. I really didn't care for Infestation #1 at all, but I enjoyed Infestation Transformers #1. So I'm hoping Infestation Transformers doesn't rely too much on the whole Infestation #1 thing. I have a feeling that whole infestation thing will ultimately be wrapped up with Britts team mates somehow finding a way to undo everything that's been done by the undermind and restore everything back to the way it was. Seems kind of predictable and cliche so far.

17. shadowsfm

News Credits:
    it should be noted that britt's body is still with the vampire team. only her conciseness that's manipulated by overmind traveled to 4 different universes. it seems her team wants to rescue her, so maybe there will be crossovers

while infestation is hard to get into with all these characters i never met, i feel the story flowed better with out me wondering what just happened.

18. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

I'd forgotten that they still had her body. Only read it once and had no desire to go through it again.

That IS true. Since I read Infestation #1 I knew who this Britt person was that "randomly" showed up in Infestation Transformers. Still don't know if I'd recomend picking it up though. I'm only going for the 2 Transformers issues, since I'm only interested in how the Transformers characters are handled and if it has any effect on them in future stories.

19. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Thanks, you've totally stopped me wasting cash on Infestation #1. Sounds very much like something I'd hate. I'll just stick with the TF Infestation issues.

20. UltraMagnus3786

Yeah thanks for the summary Mugen! I had assumed there was some Transformers backstory as well.

Glad I haven't picked it up either.