Transformers Infestation #1

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by shadow panther, Feb 2, 2011.

1. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    anyone else read this? no time to write a review gotta go change/feed the baby all i will say is I cant believe we finally are seeing a real tfs comic after so long. Its about time!! These guys should be writing the Ongoing

2. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I liked the design for Bayonet, lets see someone do a custom of her.

3. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i didn't like it other then kup's freak out at the end. i feel it's too fast paste and corny, like a B movie from the SYFY channel. maybe that was intended. the way optimus and galivatron is pretrayed makes me hope this isn't cannon

4. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really enjoyed this comic, particuarly what's been done with Kup and Bayonet (who I originaly criticized for appearing out of nowhere, now we know why). I'm hoping Abnett & Lanning do some more TF stuff past Heart of Darkness in the near future.

5. shadowsfm

News Credits:
    i would buy her toy

6. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's canon, taking place before International Incident. Besides, why? Prime didn't seem particularly out of character (and in fact seemed a bit MORE in character than he's been elsewhere), and Galvatron was just as hammy as he was when Furman was writing him, and had the same noble streak that was hinted at earlier.

7. King Henrik

King Henrik Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this issue was pretty awesome, especially the kup/bayonet thing, very glad prowl was apart of it too(you know because of the AHM coda thing)...

for a bayonet figure maybe repaint RTS tomahawk with generations skullgrin's head and color scheme?

edit: wait tomahawk isn't RTS he's just in yellow packaging.

8. shadowsfm

News Credits:
    its just that i cringe that optimus prefers to beat up on galvitron, who isn't even attacking him, instead of stopping and seeing all angles of the situation. its odd that he doesn't not see the big picture. it feels like a crossover cliche to have two heroes fight each other before turning to the true villain.

as for galvitron, its strange to see some one who is the lord of death, who is composed and calculating, completely spooked out of his mind by the undead and then asking his biggest enemy for help. also galvitron lost his ability to kill anything he touches

and another thing, in infestation, even vampires can join the undead, while in this issue, it wouldn't be far fetched to say galvitron and crew have been sharing the ship with the zombies for a month and not one got infected.

nick rorche in this issue seams to be spoofing his own art, as in, it seams to be even more exaggerated then usual

maybe it's just that i got so used to the slow pace of comics these days, that it was hard to keep up with the non-stop action here

9. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

It was certainly MUCH better than the ongoing. The pacing was more to my liking. The one thing I'm not really getting.... why didn't Galvatron, Scourge and Cyclonus know that Bayonet just kinda popped out of nowhere? Why did they recognize her as part of their crew? I didn't care much for Infestation #1, but I enjoyed Infestation Transformers. It'll be interesting to see what happens in #2. It's just kinda sad when a sideline crossover comic has far better writing, and pacing than the whole past year of the Ongoing.

10. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    This issue was... wacky.

11. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

So, is Galvatron not a reformatted Megatron in the IDW verse?

12. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm still trying to digest it all. Kinda don't know what to make of it yet.

13. shadowsfm

News Credits:
    no he isn't. instead he, nova (nemesis) prime, and jahaxis are pre-faction cybertronion explorers. they end up going through a black hole to the dead universe. after millions of years they found a way back.

also goldbug and isn't bumblebee. i feel since all hail megatron, IDW has been trying to be more like classic G1

14. Gridlock1987

Gridlock1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really liked this comic. Pure fun, from begining to the end. Both Prowl and Galvatron were fantastic (especialy Prowl in his pre-ongoing bastard mode), as well as Kup. Now i really can't wait for the Heart of Darkness mini. I hope DnA will continue to write some TF comics after that.

Now if only ongoing could be this fun... Sigh.

15. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven't given it a proper read yet, I just didn't pull me in. I will have to give it a proper read soon, but I might just wait til I have a few more issues backed up to read them again together.

16. shadowsfm

News Credits:
    well, it is only a 2 parter

17. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cyclonus was part of the same crew too.

18. s10blazed

s10blazed Duly appointed...

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I missed Infestation #1 due to the comic store misunderstanding my request. But I did get Transformers Infestation and was impressed. Nick Roche is one of my top 3 favorite artists so even when he exaggerates it a bit I like it.

TF Infestation is why I like comic books. They can be a little wacky, a little corny, and still have a solid story and some action. Even though all of the cliches of a cross over are there it still works. I am certainly looking forward to the rest of the series and hoping that some TFs make appearances in the other books, no matter how slight. ( I suspect some licensing issues will prevent this though)

19. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    How important are the other Infestation titles to this? I don't particularly want to buy GI Joe, Star Trek and Ghostbusters titles, but then I also don't want to miss out on anything important that affects the TF title. How much information crossover between titles is there supposed to be? Also, what was Infestation #1? A preview with stuff taken from the four other Infestation titles or new stuff entirely? Particularly TF stuff?
    I kinda wish IDW hadn't done this thing as it just confuses me and my comic shop.

20. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    By the sounds of things they actually got pacing sorted then if you're comparing the pace with the ongoing.

Looking forward to reading this by the sounds of things it's gonig to be far closer to how the ongoing should be paced and written. It's just a shame that it's set pre international incident, would have been good if they'd just set it bang in the present IDW series.