Transformers in Toyfare

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by orionpacks85, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orionpacks85

orionpacks85 autobot85

Ebay:
    I just got the newest issue of Toyfare where they show the new movie Prime and interview Greg Lombardo. Here is Greb Lombardo's first Q&A

Toyfare: What was the process like in designing the Transformers movie toys? Did you work closely with the movie studio?

Greg Lombardo: Hasbro, Paramount and Michael Bay all had the same goal: create a true Transformers movie. What would it really look like if actual cars really turned into giant robots? They wouldn't be blocky like Generation 1 transformers...they would be more alien. Our design team, led by Aaron Archer, worked in Los Angeles for two months late in 2005 and early 2006 in an effort to match the movie concept with the rich heritage of the brand. The guys iin the studio's art department are some of the top guys in the business, so yes, there was a very collaborative exchange throughout the entire design process.

Now here are my problems with this answer and ultimately with this movie. 1. Mr. Lombardo says, "They wouldn't be blocky like Generation 1 transformers...they would be more alien." Alien is not a shape. What's wrong with robots being blocky? Sure you can make them all high tech with hoses and pipes everywhere. The bumblebee body looks OK, but why does his head have to look like a mosquito? What happens if they make a Beast Wars movie will those heads be blocky so they look different?
    Mr. Lombardo also states, "the rich heritage of the brand.". That heritage is made up of BLOCKY robots! And these blocky robots, like Megatron, had fingers not those little hook things they give you at Red Lobster to get all the meat out.

As I've said before, This movie might be the best robot movie I've ever seen but it will never be, "The Transformers Movie".

P.S. After all their trying the movie Optimus Prime toy looks...blocky!

2. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    is this from last months toyfare? that sounds familiar....i do know the new toyfare coming out tommorrow is supposed to have some good TF info....

3. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.