Transformers in the news on Dutch TV

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Hi Q, May 1, 2007.

1. Hi Q

Hi Q I don't want a user title

News Credits:
    So this morning I was standing in the kitchen while the TV was on in the living room, set on "RTL ontbijtnieuws" (breakfast news), and I heard the newsreader say: "Transformers, wie kent ze niet?" (Who doesn't know them). Suffice it to say I wasn't in the kitchen much longer.

Turned out the item was about Sports Label (while not mentioning that name). The newsreader talked about Nike doing TFs while in the corner we saw an image of Classics Prime. Then it went on to the fullscreen report, in which a TakTom employee talked about aiming for the adults and not as much the kids, while transforming Megatron. (We hardly got to see Prime). Then we saw the shoeboxes on the shelves in stores. Back to the newsreader, he went on telling that this was not something just for Nike, but also to promote the movie, at which point we saw Josh Duhamel and grunts being attacked by Scorponok.

Few things of note:
    To my knowledge Sports Label is TakTom only. Meaning we shouldn't get it here as far as I can tell. Why report it...
    Megatron was shown next to a real Nike. Nice size comparison.
    In front of the TakTom guy were not only shoeboxes, but also a leader class size Peterbilt truck.
    The Sports Label figures were said to be doing quite well, already sold out everywhere. I didn't even know they were released already.
    While mentioning the movie the newsreader gave it a strange title: "Transformers: Autobots, the Transformers".

Anyway, thought this was pretty cool. Not sure I put this in the right forum, but it was news.

Edit: This can be seen at http://www.rtl.nl/actueel/rtlnieuws/video/, the "1 mei - ontbijtnieuws" link. It seems I can't link to it directly. Anyway, time index 8:08. It's slightly different from what I said, but that was from memory.

2. Hi Q

News Credits:
    Btw, anyone (in Holland obviously) have a clip of this?

Edit: see above.

3. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i dont :(  is there a way to see it on the internet?

4. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Let me guess, this was the final newsflash before the weather report (AKA nonsense news time)?

5. Hi Q

News Credits:
    Yeah, pretty late in the whole. Can be seen online indeed. Let me edit the first post.