Customs: Transformers in ONE SCALE! ...3d printing, contacting KO manufactor etc.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by erwinsims, Sep 12, 2017.

?

Would you be interested in buying a in scale modelkit?

1. yes!

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. I would prefer a complete figure, not much of a builder.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Nah, not really

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I would, but only G1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. erwinsims

erwinsims Well-Known Member

Hello all, thanks for reading this.

I love customizing and modelkits and collecting things in one scale, so hence my idea.

Since the Bayformers are based on actual vehicles, we know their size in both vehicle and robot modes.
    heck we know that of most of the G1 bots as well so we can do those to.

I know that this has been discussed before but I would love to get this sorted.

My idea would be to have them in one scale, find the best clean transformations, remove the junk (mechtech ports, automorp tech and weapons that are "hidden in plain view" (looking at leader/voyager optimus battleblades and battleblade bumblebee's axe)

I would prefer to have these as a model kit, transformable and no or as view as possible screws(and screw holes) and I would love them to be on 2 or 3 trays like windows, main body colour (of the car) and perhaps an additional one for optimus's or Megatron's trailer They should also come with a decal-sheet (optimus flames, bee's stripes etc)

For the carmode, I would prefer the best and most recognisable vehicle although for some that leaves some room.. Bumblebee I would prefer as the beaten up 76 camaro and the DOTM version, Drift as the Bugatti (not the chopper) the rest could be as they were introduced.

I think a 1:48 or 1:50 scale would work best for all transformers (Blackout, Starscream and Jetfire could be finally in scale with the rest)

[​IMG]

These could be sold in 3 groups,

Small:
    Bumblebee, Barricade,Crosshairs, Dino, Drift, Jazz, Jolt, Sideswipe, Skids, Mudflap, Soundwave, Wreckers, Stinger, Que (and others)

Medium:
    Ironhide, Ratchet, Bonecrusher, Galvatron, Twins icecream truck (small but probably a lot of parts), Dreads, Hooligan (and others)

Large:
    Optimus Prime with trailer, Megatron DOTM, Sentinel Prime, Blackout, Starscream, Jetfire, Hound, Brawl, Western-star Optimus.

I know that things need to have a plastic/ price ratio so for the smaller cars like the twins we could acompany them with Arcee and Chromia or even better, include Elita-one in the mix and put the 3 ladies in one small package.

They could also do upgrade sets like chrome for optimus and Ironhide (stacks, grille etc)

My question is.. would you buy these?
    and what would you think kits like this would be worth?

I was thinking : small 15-20 dollar, Medium, 20-30 dollar, Large 30-50 Dollar

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. SpiderManchild

SpiderManchild Banned

You lost me at Bayformers.
    But if it was G1, IDW, Super Godbomber or Prime... then I'd love it. But not 3D printed. It has to be Bandai quality. And the scale I would want is OS (MPP10ish).
    Colors- white or grey/chrome/clear or smoked
    Pricing- up to 200 per larger bot kit. 100 per medium. 50 per small.

3. erwinsims

erwinsims Well-Known Member

I can imagine, But I love cars and the cars in the movies were at least fun to watch, I liked the transformations to.. the other 95% of the movies (explosions and woman-objectification) they could have kept.

The thing is even in that scale (approx 1:25) we can't have all transformers in one scale, Starscream or jetfire would be gigantic. a F15 Eagle is 19 meters, witch would make Starscream 76 cm (30 inch)

The reason I want them that small is that I could display them at 2 planks in my study