Transformers in later series that were better than their G1 counterpart

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by chazparks, Dec 18, 2006.

1. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Marvel G1 Shockwave > Energon Shockblast > Sunbow G1 Shockwave

2. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Totally agree.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I personally hate G1, so anything after it, is better. There are only 3 toys from G1 that I like. Those are Jetfire, Shockwave, and Soundwave. Since I can't afford the originals, I'm going to be getting the Reissue Soundwave, Classics Jetfire, and find something for Shockwave. Peace out.

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Agreed with Draven. RID Ultra Magnus was so incredibly better than the original, both as a character and as a toy.

5. Zeon5k

Zeon5k New Member

When comparing the toys only G1 reissues count, same goes character wise. The only show that counts is the Original Series with Beast wars and Beast Machines, up to a point though. All the rest are childish badly animated anime.

One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall

6. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    Toy wise the later series have the originals beat in so many sectors besides coolness imo. Character wise there is no doubt in my mind that the g1 characters were far better than their descendents. The later toon characters especially were annoying and watered down to a point of tears.

7. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

G1 characters based more on profiles and comics than cartoon...

BW Inferno (difficult one to call, but BW Inferno is funnier and a nutter)
    BM Thrust (just a far more interesting character than G1)
    BW Rampage (G1's fun, but BW has more presence)

I'd probably agree with RiD Ultra Magnus too, from what I've heard, but I've only seen the first dozen or so eps of RiD, so I never saw Magnus in it.

8. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Basically, Magnus was passed on for the Matrix of Leadership and it was given to his brother (Prime). Magnus took it ard and spent more or less the rest of his time on Cybertron plotting revenge. He came to Earth, beat up on Prime and the Autobots, trashed the Predacons and Decepticons, then continued to take time out to occaisionally beating on Prime. During a fierce battle, Optimus was wounded and trapped in fire, Magnus pretended to want to help, and tried to leach the power of Prime's Matrix to himself, but ends up accidentally combining them both into Omega Prime/God Fire Convoy. Omega Prime handed the Preds/Deceps asses to them, and then Magnus seperated and took off in a huff.
    Later he came back, realising how bad hed acted, and agreed to help the Autobots. In the last episode it was Omega Prime that destroyed Galvatron using Fortress Maximus' sword, not Prime on his own as is the usual pattern.

9. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Yeah, OK. I'll definitely give it to RiD Magnus.

10. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TRUKK NOT MUNKEEE!!! Well, at least for me. Monkey alt mode never struck me as that great compared to Ops' truck modes.

As far as Megs goes...I wish they'd settle on a mode for him. He's a gun! No, a tank! No, a T-rex! No, an alligator! No, a dragon! No, a tank! No, a jet! No, a car! Ah, forget, he's a gun again.

As far as toys with the same name, it's a given that nearly every Alternator is better than their G1 counterpart. The exception being Prime.

-Tony!