Transformers in Japan

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ExtremeGz, Dec 29, 2009.

1. ExtremeGz

ExtremeGz Autobot/Decepticon Spy

Ebay:
    Working within Japan for the past few months and have had a few chances to look around for some Transformers with (surprisingly) not much luck. I have looked around Yokosuka and also Sasebo....but most places....either dept stores.....Jusco and such....or a few of the toyshops do not have any transformers. Aside from Tokyo...does anyone know of any locations that have various selection lines for transformers? Been looking for some encore or alternity figs recently.......masterpiece one too.....nothin....nada!

Desperate in Japan....

ExtremeGz

2. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    Transformers are not very popular in Japan or Asia. There are other things people care more about like Gundam.

3. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You are not going to find much in the surrounding areas of Yokosuka and especially Sasebo. You will have to catch a train to Tokyo to do all your hunting. It's been 2 years since I've been to either of the places, but if they opened a Bic Camera since then, you may want to give them a visit. It could be worse for you. You could have worked at Misawa.:D 

4. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Bic Camera is good, gotta go into Tokyo and go into Akihabara or something they have tons of stuff there.

If your in Osaka by chance wander into Den Den town I found TONS of TF stuff there.

5. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

Honestly, if you want that kind of stuff, go to Yodobashi Camera or the Mandarake outlets.