Transformers in History HQ Pics!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Nephilim, May 10, 2017.

1. Nephilim

Nephilim Well-Known Member

Yeah! If the Bee movie is set in WW2, imagine a whole toyline full of vintage Transformers!! :eek: :bowdown: 

• Like Like x 5
  2. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  3. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    What a great time to be a Transformers fan!

• Like Like x 2
  4. TF10

TF10 Movie,TFP,MPM...

News Credits:
    Hope Starscream can return.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hussarion

Hussarion Heavy Warrior

After arrival in TF2007 Optimus Prime said that they learned human languages through the World Wide Web.

6. Lord Tron

Lord Tron Well-Known Member

Plot holes are not things that are under explained that is not what a plot hole is if any amount of explaining can resolve it it's not a plot hole, you people need to learn the proper definition. The TF movies don't have timeline inconsistencies since we don't actually know anything, we don't know when Bee arrived, we knew nothing about Soundwave. We knew very little of their origin. The Fallen isn't an inconsistency considering how little we knew about Megatron in the first. There is nothing in the first that outright says Megatron doesn't answer to another. The Fallen sent Megatron to retrieve the Allspark Megatron then says he failed. This isn't an inconsistency.

The harvester isn't an inconsistency it's why they wanted the Allspark in the first place, Sam became the vessel for The Allspark which is why they wanted him, the harvester was why they wanted the Allspark to find the matrix to activate it. Think for a moment Megatron's plan in movie 1 is impossible when he arrived technology didn't exist, transforming it couldn't be his original plan. The Allspark, harvester and Matrix were the same plan. There's no inconsistency. Sentinel made the deal before the Allspark was lost, he was then shot down, rendering the plan obsolete, leading into the Allspark stuff. It's not an inconsistency. In ROTF Simmons says the transformers have been here a long time, this all but guarantees other transformer incidents in history since they didn't sit around doing nothing and lord and behold Soundwave is revealed to be have been here for a while naturally not twiddling his thumbs.

These aren't inconsistencies since the first doesn't confirm anything it's beyond vague. Learn the actual definition of these terms and actually pay attention to the stories. The only reason Marvel's continuity seems good is because it's so simple and one dimensional, here's a question we're close to IW what does it mean to anything Tony, Steve, and Natasha have been through? No one actually critiques Marvel no one has actually studied it to see how terribly done their narrative is, The MCU has one of the worst narratives in cinema history, X men's is way better continuity issues and all.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Shark

Shark Carcharodon carcharias

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Bruh, maybe at least wait till the movie comes out to judge?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Deonasis

Deonasis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let us not forget the First War of Scottish Independence in the 1300s..

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Deonasis

Deonasis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Or the guardian of the Shire..

Attached Files:

10. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I'd like to point out that Hasbro has its own free streaming service that has all of the original cartoons on it… I've been re-watching the first season, and if you want to talk about blowing continuity up, those episodes do it every 30 seconds LOL

Maybe Bay is just that dedicated to sticking to the source material

• Like Like x 5
  11. APB

APB Well-Known Member

Ironhide working with the N.E.S.T in that picture makes all the sense to me.

12. omegamagnus

omegamagnus Well-Known Member

watching one of the trailers, I think I saw a frame of Drift surrounded by japanese samurais during Sengoku or Edo era

13. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Cognitive ability of a rock

News Credits:
    WHY do you keep insisting they are in the movie?? Is there no possible chance at all that its like the Isabela trailer, where some scenes were recorded specifically for the trailer? Besides, the room all those artifacts are in isn't even the same room Anthony Hopkins is in.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lukelbs

Lukelbs Well-Known Member

Perhaps transformers can time travel. After they arrive in the first movie they then time travel a bugger up our history as we know it. That explains the modern designs in old pictures. It explains how they got here. I mean... Jetfire teleported in RotF, Sentinel built a space bridge that started to teleport Cybertron. I mean... time travel is not too far fetched as the other things. I cab buy into it.
    Optimus did say they assisted humans in their own affairs the DotM, perhaps his statement spans through time through all the different wars. It also explains how Decepticons can hide, it's be hard to track them through time.

15. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    And Bay's been screwing with us on info leaks since day one.

• Like Like x 1
  16. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    Most of the continuity issues could have been avoided if they simply used other characters or even basic protoforms for the Transformers in History promotional pics. An older seeker, a Warpath, a Blitzwing or whatever.

I can still overlook the fact that Ironhide and Bumblebee were on Earth long before the events of TF1. It can logically be explained that they were here before, left, and then came back.

But I simply find it implausible that Transformers are so ingrained in our history, have interacted and were seen by thousands of humans over time, and yet nobody in the general populace seems to have any inkling about their existence until the 2000s.

It's like saying Unicorns have been running around us since time immemorial, but it was only in 2017 that the world discovered the existence of a horse with a spiked head.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I'm going to give the movie that introduces this concept a chance to explain it.

18. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ROTF established that Transformers have been on Earth for a long time hiding - the whole idea of ROTF was that they were finally revealing themselves for the first time officially (given the events of the first movie were apparently treated as filming for a movie in-canon or something similar)

TLK seems to be somewhat expanding on that while also doing the opposite, rather than Transformers hiding on Earth as implied in ROTF - instead they were very much active and it turns out they had a large influence in the development of humanity. Admittedly they had teased that humanity was the way it is because of Transformers, for example reverse engineering technology via the Allspark.

It's just in ROTF it was more believable as we'd had the structure of 'they were here but they were hiding' so we would'nt find ourself asking akward questions. We also had Simmon's set up the idea that there had been sightings of them but they were old blurry photo's of vehicles rather than robots so you could understand why nobody would believe that Transformers were around prior.

I suppose just seeing Transformers influencing large aspects of history feels a bit akward in a universe where the majority of the human population did not discover Transformers existed until after the events of ROTF (because both the 2007 movie and ROTF had the battle's covered up) It's not as believable at the moment as simply the idea that they were hiding on Earth.

Most of those are more potential plot-threads which were picked up in a later movie. Continuity would be aspects more along the lines of acknowledging the progression from movie to movie, the connecting strands and the developments that affect characters and the world.

There is some good continuity involved in the Transformers movie series, it's just difficult to organise it because the past is either developed or altered for each film and the main characters can switch around. TF;2007 to DOTM had some good continuity between them other than the disappearance and re-appearance of certain characters.

At this stage it feels more like they are trying to soft-reboot again, which was basically what they seemed to be attempting with AOE. It makes sense i suppose, the continuity is muddled so to solve it they are just popularising the idea of 'Transformers were here the whole time and were present in multiple historical events' in order to explain it.

I do question though if TF6 (not the Bumblebee movie) will have another historical event be the source of the mystery, given if TF;TLK acknowledges they had influence in a majority of historical events it'd be a little underwhelming to then revisit that for TF6.

MCU knew what it was doing from the start, they had a basic idea of which direction they were going and a basic guideline of what needed to be established at which points. They also had time and patience to plan it out.

TF on the other hand is several movies in and it took until the fourth movie to actually start laying the seeds for an over-arcing plot that would span multiple movies. At this stage any new writing team will probably be more focused on crafting a new storyline rather than trying to connect with the previous films.

In addition to this TF's franchise is rushing things, with TF5 (2017), Bumblebee movie (2018) and TF6 (2019). I'd expect it's probably so that Bay can finish his second trilogy with the franchise quickly so they can branch off into spin-off's and allow Bay to do over things (he's been wanting to leave the franchise for a while based on his comments)

Last edited: May 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  19. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    Oh I really hope it does.

I wouldn't mind if it was some alternate reality or dimension.

20. APB

APB Well-Known Member

Because IT IS IN THE SAME ROOM, BEHIND THE KNIGHT TABLE, NEAR WHERE CADE AND VIVIAN ARE STANDING:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hopkins is explaining from the opposite side of it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I wish I would provide you with more solid piece, but sadly that footage was taken down from Youtube.

• Like Like x 4