Transformers in China

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by dragontron88, Oct 22, 2007.

1. dragontron88

dragontron88 Your new Lord, & Master

I was wondering if anyone would know what it would be like to try to find some in China. My mom has a friend who is there right now on a business trip where the meetings were cancelled , he is bored, looking for any ideas as to what do, so, I have a personal hunter right now, looking for me. How lucky am I!?! now, I was wondering how lucky I really am to the chances of finding either Masterpieces or Binaltech, I dont know what part of China he's in, but I'm hoping its as good as any in terms of finding what I want.

2. benzo

benzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if he doesn't know what to really look for then you might end up with knock offs.

3. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    I personally won't bother. I was there in August. It was impossible to find any TFs. I found mostly KOs. I only got some luck in Hong Kong. And buying those BT and MP, it's not like going to a local retail store to pick them up. You have to go to these special underground toy shops to find them. And these toy shops really are underground. I ended up doing a ton of research and had a friend/guide to show me where to go. And still didn't buy much.

4. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Same in Kong Kong last time I went.

5. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    My Dad mentioned Transformers to me, because they were in the news over in HK. Basically the drought the west is having, hit the East first, perhaps more so because of all the sales and export to the West. The demand outstripped supply so much it made the TV news back in UK Chinese TV.

So I'd say finding TF's in China would be pretty slim.

6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whoa?!?! Serious?! I have always been told that HK was a TF paradise of sorts but of course I haven't been there before but told by my fellow country men. Anyway, I've been noticing that TFs are also "drying" up in my country.

With regards to buying TFs in China...yeah, I haven't heard of any localized place where TFs are sold.