Transformers in Belgrade, Serbia

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Sammael, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hi. I am not sure if there are any Transfans other than myself here, but just in case: Titanium Soundwave, repackaged Alternator Silverstreak, and Classics Bumblebee are available in both Turbo Limac stores in Belgrade (in Mercator Center and Immo Center). I have both Bumblebee and Silverstreak, so I picked Soundwave up. He was about $30 with VAT included, which is actually a decent price for toys here... still cheaper than importing and paying shipping and customs. I like the toy, but he is really hard to pose with those flimsy legs. I'll try to get the TRU reissue one (how big is it in comparison to the Titanium?) when I get the cash to import it.

I asked the shop assistants and they confirmed that they ONLY got those three models, and no others from those lines. Alternators were already available here last year (I got Silverstreak in original packaging, as well as Windcharger), but this is the first time I've seen Classics and Titanium.

They also have some remaining Cybertron figs available, but not many: Deluxe Skywarp, Deluxe Unicron, Override GTS, Lugnutz, Voyager Cybertron Defense Scattershot, and some Minicons and Micromasters (in both Energon and Cybertron packaging). Three supreme Starscreams that were in one of these shops last week are now gone, probably pulled off the shelves to make room for something else. At almost $85, it's no wonder nobody wanted to buy them.

On a related matter, I stumbled across a knock-off Alternator Dead End at the flea market. The price was $22-ish, but I didn't buy it since I was in a hurry and didn't have the time to examine the quality. The scale appears to be the same as regular Alternators, 1/24. Is this thing worth the price?

2. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    I didn't even know a knockoff Dead End existed.

3. Sammael

News Credits:
    Neither did I, until today. The paint job seemed to be sloppier and it wasn't transformed as well as it could have been (many cracks and seams that shouldn't be as visible), but it had all the details, down to the "Dead End" license plate.

4. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Most interesting...do you pictures of the KO?

5. Sammael

News Credits:
    Nope, didn't have my camera on me, and I keep forgetting that my cell phone has a perfectly usable camera. I'll probably go back there on Sunday (if I have the time), so I'll try to get a pic. I'm not sure I'll buy it as the price seems too high for a knockoff of a recent figure.

6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, don't worry about it! And my take on the situation...don't buy the KO! :D