transformers in akihabara

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jon, Apr 9, 2009.

1. jon

jon That dude from the forest

News Credits:
    so im on leave with my parents over in mainland japan and today we went to akihabara. i was looking for transformers obviously and i found some interesting things. one shop had rotf leader class megatron, the audi, two of the bike bots and two of the contructicons. megs was 17,800 yen the contructicons were arou 10,000 each the bikes were around 4,000 each. they had the tf club primicon for 38,800 they had the timeline box set for almost 200,000 animated safeguard for 6,000 they had what looked like dirt boss from animated for 4,000. the other store had classics jetfire for 1700 encore thundercracker and skywarp for 3000 and starscream for 3000 masterpiece skywarp for 7000 and masterpiece magnus for 8000 encore e hobby black g1 prime for 12800. some random micromaster for 3500 and g2 heroes optimus for 6000 and laser prime for 6500. i thought the e hobby prime was interesting. i didnt buy anything yet. i went to a bunch more shops that had vintage japanese g1s but nothing too special. just random cars in box and such. im uploading some pictures i took. sorry i only had my cell phone so the pictures are pretty crappy. i just thought it was interesting too see what they had here. since i live on okinawa the only tfs i get are from the toysrus akihabara pictures by frictionfree - Photobucket my bad i looked up more stuff and its the movie dirt boss toy not animated. dang my bad

2. _Galvatron_

_Galvatron_ Emperor of Destruction

Damn I miss Japan. I had so many great adventures toy hunting in Tokyo. Sadly, TF pickings were very thin in 2002-03. Also, everything was absurdly overpriced.

Ahhh, Japan. Land of overpriced everything.

3. jon

jon That dude from the forest

News Credits:
    oh i know what you mean. i was here on vacation in july 03 and the only thing i found was the megatron reissue for around 7000 yen which being 15 i wanted so bad hah so the price was fine. but dont worry everything is still overpriced.

4. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

You got to keep in my mind that most of the TFs you find in the hobby shops around Akihabara are imports. That alone means their prices skyrocket quite a bit. On the other hand, last time I was there (a year ago) I saw a vintage MISB Victory Saber for about half the price they usually go for on Ebay. Of course, that's a Japanese toy to begin with.