Transformers: IMAX Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Witwicky Camaro, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Soo... has anybody seen it yet, depending its come out in your area (on the 21st)? I haven't but I would love to hear your opinions on it.

---- Witwicky Camaro.

2. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    It was amazing to see the flick on a screen that big, but see it for the movie, NOT the extra footage... which adds really nothing to the film.

3. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Freakin' awesome! I saw it today. It was my fifth time seeing Transformers and my very first IMAX movie ever, and I've got to tell you, the 'bots looked absolutely great on the giant screen. The additional scenes were largely forgettable and useless, but just seeing giant robots on a giant screen was well worth the price of admission alone. And the sound was ear-shattering. Totally awesome experience! :thumb 

4. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Going to go see it with my bro tonight, cant wait :D 

5. Los

Los Now you see me...

Ebay:
    Saw it last night. It was my 3rd time to see the movie and it was 100 times better on the IMAX screen. I couldn't tell you what the extra scenes were...I really did not notice, but if I had to guess it was just few more extended phrases by human characters.

The IMAX experience made watching it even better than when I saw it the 1st time.

6. Talathia

Talathia TFW's Cool Little Heathen

....Witwicky Camaro
    We need to dig a tunnel to King of Prussia. Or that place outside of DC that's also showing it.
    Yes.
    We must.

Man.. I really hope I can arrange something to see it at either of the places.

Uh, anyone know how long the film will be in the IMAX theaters?

7. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm doing a review/write-up for it for loungers but for now you can see my arrival:

My girlfriend and I drove 2 hours to Rochester, NY to check it out and it was totally worth it.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  8. Witwicky Camaro

News Credits:

Well it doesn't seem to be playing at the Maryland Science Center (I checked and they only have three movies playing on their screens currenty, none of which are TF), which really, really sucks for me. Do you mean to imply that its playing on an IMAX screen in DC?

9. Talathia

Talathia TFW's Cool Little Heathen

Sucks for me too, because I don't think my car could handle a trip to PA or DC right now. But here is some information that could help you;

Apparently Chantilly is just outside of DC- towards the west. Judging by what Google maps say, it's right next to the Dulles Airport.

Virginia
    Steven F.Udvar-Hazy Center Imax Theater
    14390 Air& Space Museum Parkway
    Chantilly, 20151
    877-932-4629

10. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Saw it last night; it was 4th and best time seeing it. You could see alot more detail which was a plus for Brawl's scenes as the original format was too blurry.

11. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    I went to see it tonight.

The IMAX projector broke down :(  :( 

So we got our money back and free tickets to another showing but... bleh

12. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    FANTASTIC. And seeing with some of the Florida crew today was icing on the cake!

13. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Saw it last night with some board members, and really enjoyed it on the huge ass screen!

14. Witwicky Camaro

News Credits:

Jeez, that's a long way off! (Grumbles): What one does for the sake of quality entertainment. Thanks for the information Talahia.

15. matadormi5

matadormi5 Well-Known Member

I saw it on the 21st and it was extremely cool to see on the IMAX screen, it's somewhat disortientating during the final battle but not all that bad.
    Blackout's attack was intense felt like an earthquake. Cool stuff

16. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

Saw it today. Most excellent. Picture and sound was very crisp, clear, and big. Well worth the $14 :) 

17. Freyabeads

Freyabeads TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Saw it tonight at Udvar-Hazy Center Imax Theater. It was great! True enough the extra 2 minutes mattered not but it didn't hurt either. Really, what difference does 2 minutes make in a 2.5 hour flick that high in action? Backscatter and I may see it again in a couple weeks! This was our 4th viewing.

18. Razorblaze

Razorblaze God of Thunder TFW2005 Supporter

In a word, AWESOME!! Sidecutter and I went to see it yesterday evening. And as Cutter has already said on here, the additional stuff was nothing groundbreaking, but it did help out the flow of some dialogue.

19. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    awesome on the big screen and the sound was amazing. but some of the things that were said to be "extra" were not in the version I saw, some were though. could care less since it was useless.

20. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Just came back from seeing it in IMAX, bloody damn awesome, worth every penny just for the big screen and amazing sound system. Can’t believe how much a difference it makes compared to a regular theatre, defiantly should have originally been released on the format in the first place instead of Potter. Though in a way I’m glad they did, as it was a good fall TF boost :D 

Personally I'm glad they cut the scenes that they did in the original cut. The inserted scene's were pretty useless and can see why they didn’t make the final cut. The whole Miles pickup scene was a complete waste and the extended police station scene actually killed the comedic reaction.

Anyway anybody who can see it on IMAX defiantly go do it trust me it’s awesome.