transformers IDW volume 1 collection

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by MTME, Jun 21, 2010.

1. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well I have never bought transformers comics before (except for alliance and defiance) but noticed on amazon they have transformers idw collection volume 1 (and volume2) I assume this would be way easier to get than each individual comic. Does anyone have this and is it any good? What continuity does it follow? G1? movies? does it fall anywhere with the movies or reign of starscream/alliance/defiance?
    thanks!

2. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Excitement! My Style!!!

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'd like to know as well. I just recently picked up the For All Mankind tpb and I'm hooked. I've went ahead and ordered AHM vol. 1-4 and was also looking at this one.

3. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    From what I've seen, if you haven't been collecting IDW comics and want to read them, this is the way to go. Every comic, spotlight and mini in chronological order in hardback form. I've got everything already, so I won't be re-purchasing, but it seems like a great format.

4. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I bought this. I'm not going to comment on the stories themselves, just in terms of the hardcover itself (there are tons of opinions on both sides).

In terms of continuity, it's IDW's "G1" I guess. Not from the Michael Bay movies, Marvel, Dreamwave or the cartoon. It's separate.

If you want to start, this is perfect. The thing that I find extremely disappointing is the lack of ANY extras. Barely any covers. No sketches or side notes that were in the individual trades.

5. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    What's included in volume 1? I haven't read anything past Escalation

6. Slagfan

Slagfan Active Member

I saw this, but passed. While I like the great design of the book (I'm a huge fan of E.J.'s art), I already have the Premier Collections. Those really showcase the artwork a lot better. Too bad IDW can't do a larger sized book with just the artwork and then collect the stories into smaller sized hardcovers like this one is.

I saw the Movie collection volume 1 at my shop and the larger size works well for that, too.

7. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Megatron: Origin 1-4, Spotlight Blurr, Spotlight Cliffjumper, Spotlight Shockwave, Spotlight Nightbeat, Spotlight Hot Rod, Spotlight Soundwave, and infiltration 0-6.