Transformers IDW Collection Volumes 1 and 2 to be Reprinted for December Release

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by escutler, Aug 31, 2011.

1. escutler

escutler Decepticon Air Commander

News Credits:
    Hey guys! I don't know how many people have been following this, but the first two volumes of the Transformers IDW Collection hardback books, collecting all of the IDW Comics miniseries and spotlights in the proper reading order, have been out of print for quite awhile now. The secondary market prices have been crazy-high on these also (look at Amazon)! I just spoke to IDW Publishing, and they told me that they are reprinting Volumes 1 and 2, again in hardcover, for release in December 2011. They told me that they will be advance soliciting these in the October issue of Diamond Previews for a Christmas release. I presume they will probably show up as a preorder on Amazon and other similar sites around the same time (Oct.), but I'm not sure about that.

I have been hearing good things about some of the stories in these books, so I am very much looking forward to picking them up finally, for a reasonable price! Volumes 3 and 4 are still in stock at Amazon for their typical discounted prices, and Volume 5 (containing the All Hail Megatron series and the follow-up Coda sereies) is up for preorder, and will be released at the end of November, according to Amazon.

Hope this is useful information for a bunch of people. It was for me!

2. escutler

News Credits:
    Maybe it wasn't all that useful for you guys! :D 

3. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    No -- thanks man. This is great. IDW have seemed willing to reprint stuff that swells on the secondary market (e.g. Allspark Almanac). I think one of the IDW staff made a joke about that at a con when the first Allspark was for sale at $100+ on Amazon.com. Not that anyone necessarily bought it at those prices.

Now please reprint More than Meets the Eye, vols 1-2 in a better format, please!

4. escutler

News Credits:
    Thanks for the feedback, and glad to pass on the good news! I just wish they were coming out earlier than December. It's nice to see that IDW is willing to go back to print to fill the obvious demand. Of course, that means more sales for IDW, so it only makes sense, anyway! I don't have the Allspark Almanac or More Than Meets the Eye Vols 1-2- I'll have to look into them!

5. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Sweet! This means I don't have to drop a load on eBay for all the spotlights & story arcs. Glad I can just, for the most part get all of it at once. Still gotta check out the Allspark Almanac, myself.

6. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    They should hold on a reprint of vol. 1 since they announced thier doing a mini which wod fall into its pages.