Transformers History of Music 1984-1990

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by MrByatis, Jan 13, 2010.

1. MrByatis

MrByatis Questioning Rumble

News Credits:
    (I'm not sure if this goes here)

Has anyone here listened to it? I'm downloading it now but I want to here if it's any good

2. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have the CDs, I'm a lover of Japanese Transformers music. :D  Hope you enjoy it too.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  3. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

Does anybody know where you can obtain this legally, like an online CD retailer or similar?

4. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I've got this and the song universe. This set is a great compilation of all the music from Headmasters, Masterforce, Victory and Zone. There's also some tracks composed for the Japanese G1 and 2010 on the first disk. Plus all the insert songs, and karaoke versions of the majority of them.

The G1 tracks are decent, but ultimately not anything like the tracks you'd think of when someone says "G1 music". The BGM for Headmasters and so on is not bad. There are some great tracks, but others not so much. The best tracks tend to be the instrumentals of some of the songs - I'm particularly fond of the instrumental for Victory and Zone.

The insert songs are a love or hate affair. If you don't mind Japanese anime music, you'll enjoy the majority of them. If Japanese anime songs are not your thing, then you'd best skip over those disks.

Song Universe is a fantastic set, it's got every song for every series IIRC, so if you like most of the Japanese songs, you'll like the set. It's even got the Kissplayers remix of the original G1 theme in there.

Overall with both sets, if you really enjoy anime music and the music of the Transformers shows in particular, they are worth checking out. But if you're not a real hardcore fan, you'll probably have a hard time justifying them. They are two awesome sets, but they cater toward a VERY specific part of the fanbase.

FYI, a reminder folks, posting download links for this or any other soundtrack CD is not considered acceptable as the CDs are available for sale. We ask that you do not ask for or post links to where you can get the soundtrack illegally.

6. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    interesting but my fave Transformers music is off the 1986 movie!

7. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

is this the Background Music Collection?