Transformers: Highway to Cybertron

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Kalyx triaD, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Kalyx triaD

Kalyx triaD R-Tyme Entertainment

To be honest, I may not have the time to write this concept out into a series or even a one shot; but I'd like to know what you guys think either way. It's a version of Transformers I had for a while and personally if I was hired to write the movie I would've went with this idea (even if it would get me crucified).

The first big risk this story takes on the TF mythology is that in this story, Transformers are Earthlings. Manufactured on Earth by us humans. Before you slam your keyboards, hear out the story.

In the not so distant future, a high-end technically advanced corporation called Cybertronia Inc. is about to unveil a breakthrough in the field of 'Heavy Robotics'. Essentially they appear to be vehicles, but they are indeed More Than Meets the Eye (Cybertronia Inc.'s tagline for their product). These vehicles can transform into humanoid robots and back at the push of a button or voice command, powerful machines with nigh unlimited workload potential. Cybertronia Inc. plans on ruling the robotics industry with their 'civilian line', called the Autobots (a name chosen to appeal to families). The Autobots are mainly cars and trucks.

But Cybertronia Inc. also saw military applications...

The 'militia line' of Transformers were dubbed Decepticons, machines that used deception to con the enemy. Cybertronia CEO's were secretly working on the militia line even longer than the civilian line; to keep the Transformer's cheif designer Prof. _________ in line. The Decepticons were usually war machines; tanks, cannons and such. Cybertronia would be able to sell Decepticons for whatever price they desired.

More later....

2. Prime-A-Cron

Prime-A-Cron Well-Known Member

Sounds a bit along the lines of Transformers: Hero's, cant wait to see what you can do

3. Kalyx triaD

Highway to Cybertron: Refined Concept...

I had a brainstorm with a friend after I posted last night and I'm starting to really like this idea. Here's the updated take:

The robotics industry's biggest supplier, Cybertronix, has made a breakthrough in 'Heavy Robotics'. They have created the Transformers, vehicals that are More Than Meets the Eye; as their tagline states: robots that can change into large humanoids capable of unlimted work potential. Cybertronix is about to release their civilian line of Transformers called the Autobots. The project was lead by the late Dr. Primus, who died mysteriously. Mass production on all models would commence mere weeks after a press conference that would unveil the first six models; the Jazz, the Bumblebee, the Ironhide, the Arcee, the Prowl, and the Ratchet. The last two models were intented for official usage; police and ambulance respectively. But the mega-company Cybertronix was also more than meets the eye...

After the death of the kind and wise Dr. Primus, the project was spear-headed by Dr. Welker; a cold researcher who saw military applications Dr. Primus would never have allowed. Dr. Welker insisted on this militia-line of Transformers called Decepticons; war-machines that would storm a target as tanks, jets, and bombers and transform to finish the job with added precision. Though Cybertronix have advertised the Autobot's details, they would shock the world with the launch of the Decepticons at the press conference. Cybertronix would dominate the robotics industry on both civilian and military markets.

The Transformers are all spawned by an AI program written by Dr. Primus himself, he perfected it in an experimental Autobot called Kup. To cut back on cost Kup's vehicle mode was a beat up pick-up truck and his robot mode lacked the advanced tech of later models. This was reflected in it's AI logirithm and it comes across as an 'old man' complete with 'physical complaints'. Dr. Primus knew the AI was complete when he had his first dialogue with Kup years ago. Once he knew the AI was able to conversate, he spawned all the Autobot programs off Kup's CPU. To this end, Kup actually sees the later models as his 'children' and appears pleased to hear about them, wondering when they'll come to visit.

The Decepticons use a different AI code, a mysterious program written by Dr. Welker personally. The details of the code are his and his alone and he strives to keep it that way...

Not all Transformers are to spec; there were two Protoforms, Transformers with no vehicle modes, that weren't at all ready for civilian or military market: Orion Pax and Starius. Their AI logiritm seemed to translate into 'rebelious teens' that warrented extended reprograming. For now they help researchers with heavy robotics loading, something Starscream finds particularly insulting. Starius has gone as far as demanding to be upgraded into a full Transformer, citing that he would be the best model in the market. Dr. Cullen, Primus' successor, wonders if these Proto's AIL could 'mature' without programing...

Sam Witwicky, a Cybertronix janitor, was promised a tour session for his son Spike. Spike can't wait to see all the models before they're unveiled at the 'Bot-Con' press conference. Little does he know he's about to be pulled an adventure of conspiracy, cyberspace, and very large robots...

So is that a mythology worth working on? I have other ideas that I really wanted to hold back on, things that would be spoilers if I decided to write this thing. Tell me what ya think.

4. Throwback

Throwback Well-Known Member

Not to bust your bubble or anything, but there is a thread already in existance that uses your same take called Secrets of The Past, you might want to check it out. It didn't get much love although it wasn't bad. The author didn't finish the chapter either so that may have been a factor.

5. Kalyx triaD

Robot Pimp has a good fic, but after reading it I found that our approaches to the same concept (earthling TF's) are infact different; and you guys can't tell because I have nothing but a concept to offer. So I'll be going on with this story and I hope 'Pimp can check it out himself.

Thanks for the heads up, though.