Transformers Hidden features thread.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mighty.Maximal, Jan 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maharg83

maharg83 new and improved reissue

RM leo concoy gun storage in robot mode.

dunno how well known thi sis but if you combine all of his gun parts and do not wish firm to always hold it you ca nstor it by placing the free peg into one of theholes in his mane on his robot back

2. centurian

centurian Recovering Energon Abuser

Don't know id this has been posted before but discovered it for myself the other day:-

Worlds smallest Meagatrons gun barrel can be un-cliped and then re cliped upside down alowing it to be pointed straight up behind him anime stye.

3. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

I have tried this, and it works!!! Thank you, centurian! :thumbs2: 

4. DrawerDemon

DrawerDemon DOOOOOM!!

Cybertron Thundercracker

Thundercracker's nosecone folds away in robot mode.

Yeah, I realize that's not very well hidden, but it ain't in the instructions.

Now if only he had some hidden magical way to hold his %$# shoulders in place...

5. JD

JD Well-Known Member

Not sure if it's been said but Alts Sideswipe and Decepticharge (man that nam sux) have knees.

For Sideswipe, there's two ways to bend his legs like a knee. The normal way is to just bend it. This method sux because he can't really bend his legs much. The other way is to rotate his legs so the sides of his whhels are facing foward. Once this is done, bend them. It's tthat simple! (although it done affect his balance but still...)

With Decepti...with the yellow ducky of doom, he does in fact have knees. Don't let his stiffness (WTF) fool you. Bend those legs with you mighty strength!

And that'sd about it. If somebody wants to reword my post so it doesn't sound stupid then be my guest :lol 

6. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

GF Ramble/C Scrap metals can have his sword taken out of his shoulder cannon and become a hand held weapon.

7. Dr MegsG1

Dr MegsG1 The Lord of Banter

I don't believe the Alt Smokescreen roof/gun holster feature is included on the BT version, and isn't on my Alt Silverstreak.

The plugs on Smokescreen's and Silverstreak's arms, where the gun/engine connects to in car mode... doubles as Minicon ports in robot mode. I believe, but have not tested, that the plugs on Meister/Shockblast's shoulders, where you can connect the gun in robot mode, is also the right size for Minicons.

Kinda cheesy, and not sure if it counts as a "feature", but for those of you with Tracks, Ravage, and Swerve, you can rotate the doors in robot mode so they fold up instead of down by the legs. This gives a boxier look to the robot mode (I have this done on my Ravage, and I keep the missiles low to the shoulders and "flat" (not up in the air like Tracks is usually posed) and it really helps differeniate him from Tracks. I plan to just keep the missiles flipped around and "holstered" on Swerve's back, with the same folded-up position of the doors to help vary his appearance as well.) It's a nice way to help show more variety among the robot modes of the retools in the line in addition to remolding and recoloring.

Also, requires slight modding to your Sideswipe and Dead End, but clipping a little bit of the ball joint area (with wirecutters) on their feet gives them more ankle articulation, which is an immense help in posing when you do the knee-trick mentioned earlier in this thread.

8. DrawerDemon

DrawerDemon DOOOOOM!!

Dr Megs G1
    Weird. I display my Corvette guys exacly like you describe, with the doors pointing up and back, mirrors folded in, and in Swerve's case, guns folded behind him.

I tried the knee thing on the Viper boys, and found that I like the legs better the original way.
    The shoulders are the main thing I modify on the Vipers. Sideswipe gets his wheels and doors on the outside, like the G1 Toy, while Dead Streaker gets the "shoulders back" treatment.

9. Namekjohn

Namekjohn Namekimus Prime

News Credits:

Its hard to see, but he does have a small.... very small peg on his left shoulder (gun arm) you feel like breaking it when you pull but when it snaps, its kinda snug .. not too much strong off a hold thou but it makes it stay put.

10. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Seeing that my Silverstreak is getting a little loose in some joints and stiff in others (like.. bad stiff, not brand-new-out-of-the-box-tight-like-a-virgin stiff), and my Sideswipe is getting loose in all the places I don't want him to be (his doors and the rear of the car, mostly... he still looks good in alt mode, but I can't tell you how), I'm thinking of picking up the Smokescreen/Sideswipe 2-pack... so I can practice some stuff on ol' Sideswipe.

You can kinda turn C. Clocker into a mini-gun station... unfold his legs in vehicle mode and rotate his waist 180 degrees and fold him up so the backs of his feet are in front of his chest (the back leg panels will have to stay open). Take his gun and pull the barrels out halfway, so they're at a 90 degree angle to the gun itself, and attach that back to his legs backwards. You can extend his forearms and attach his exhaust pipes , too. Oh, and pop the front of the car out. It'll kinda hang loose, but, meh, whatever. Place it how you want.

Not that such a thing out be intended at all, but I thought it was kinda neat.

11. Namekjohn

News Credits:
    oh heres another good one, for both unicrons.

The belly plate that opens up when he is in robot mode, The instructions say you store a mini con there.

However The cassestes Fit in there perfectly like it was made for them, and you can store multiple ones.

sadly all i have is laserbeak.

12. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Here's one for Beast Wars Tripredacus. On the combined modes head there are two parts to it, the head and a purple base which locks the head down. Well push the head a bit forward from the purple base (don't worry it won't fall off, it's attached via ball joint). If done correctly the head shouldn't be making full contact with the purple base anymore, should be atached by a ball joint under the chin and it should have head articulation. This allows the head to turn to the side and look straight instead of having to bend over or looking up all the time.

13. JD

JD Well-Known Member

With CYB Landmine, if you turn his head around and flip his backpack up, he kinda looks like the yell machine thing in Aliens

14. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

cool, TF Power Loader

15. Namekjohn

News Credits:
    does any one know about the decepiticon symbol on the back of Armarda Airrazor? why is that there?

16. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

Hasbro screwed up, that's all.

17. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The story is that the figure's release was always intended to be a Decepticon, and the remolds were made as such (just like the Autobrand molded into Armada Rhinox). Either a last minute change in plans, or miscommunication with the graphic artists wound up with Airazor being labelled an Autobot in the packaging.

18. Namekjohn

News Credits:
    are the brands on the transmetal versions too?

19. DrawerDemon

DrawerDemon DOOOOOM!!

Not AFAIK.

Oh, here's another ridiculously obvious hidden feature:

In BW, TM Primal flipped his backpack up and over and used the attached maces as cannons.

The toy can indeed do the same thing.

I'm sure this is old news, but I wasn't sure if it was here already. Plus, both my camera and the toy were close at hand.

20. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

I think this was included in the instructions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.