Transformers Hidden features thread.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mighty.Maximal, Jan 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

I noticed a few lately Please post your own "Hidden Features".

1) Armada Cyclonus's Rotorblades come off & fit on any mini-con post - they look best on his right arm

2) all 3 missiles for Armada Megatron store inside his left track in robot mode & hold securly long ways inside the tread (as well as sticking out as in the instructions) .

3) Since Hero Scourge is a Repaint of G2 Hero Optimus some may be interested to know he can hold the Armada Starsaber.

4) Twist ties / paper clips & the plastic saftey "seal" strips of household containers all make good ways of activating mini-con power linx features that are hard to get at with a minicon - such as Cyclonus or Demolishors Missile launchers or others.

5) Put Armada Jetfire's arms underneath to fill up his cargo area with up to 4 car minicons or the space team .

I'll have a think & post more 'Hidden' & easily over looked features later.

M'M

2. Emperor Megatron

Emperor Megatron Something goes here

Hero Prime can hold the Star Saber!?:eek: 

SWEET! Now I'm gonna get him!

I may pass on the Scourge repaint in Armada for this Scourge.

3. Blitz_64

Blitz_64 Beast Wars ownz.

Here's a few neat things I've figured out:

TM2 Megatron and Cryotek were put together wrong. You have to unscrew the lever that controls the "neck-thrashing" gimmick, flip it around, and screw it back together for the gimmick to be complete.

BW Skyshadow has a hand hidden in his lizard head.

Thta's all I can think of for now.

4. Purgatori

Purgatori Lesbian Vampire Goddess

super con primes smokes stacks attach to the posts on the side of his chest grill. also, skyblast can become a cool jet pack type thing for supercon prime by swiveling his link port and turning down his nosecone

5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    -Generation 2 Smokescreen, BW Neo Starscream, and the upcoming RiD Smokejumper can attach their launchers to their fore arms, leaving their hands free to do other stuff. The laser sight (or whatever you want to call that little piece dangling off the bottom of the gun) plugs snugly into a hole in the back of the elbow. Hasbro failed to reveal this feature in the original G2 instructions (I'm not sure about the subsequent releases), not to mention the instructions labeled him and Dreadwing as "Heroic Autobots", lol.

-BW Transmetal Megatron is capable of a more show-accurate weapon mode. Fold his left arm up into his shoulderpad, so that it's completely hidden when looking at him head on. His fist hole should point straight out to the side. Now, plug his weapon handle into that hold, a voila! No more dangly weapon thing, hello silver tentacle of doom! (Once again, call it what you wish. Except for cutlass. Argh! Stupid Hasbro)

-Transmetal Terrorsaur has about 4 joints that are practically useless in terms of articulation, and serve no purpose in the official transformation either. The first 2 joints are in the maroon chest panels. They are capable of rotating 360 degrees. If you rotate them so that the screw side faces up, then you can cinch the wings in a bit, resulting in the wing membranes being closer to the body. This also results in the thinning of the neck area, and allowing his wings to be swept back in a menacing divebombing pose!

6. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

RailRacer- Both missles fit in the fists on his back (the ones that belong to Midnight Express) and make cool looking antenas as tho RailRacer has a communucations backpack on.

Also, you can have him hold his main gun either my the little handle peg like the directions show, or by sliding the blue gunsight over his thumb. The second way is much more secure.

Metroplex- Hotspot, Onslaught, Motormaster and Silverbolt all have base modes which attach to Metroplex in city mode. Hotspot and Motormaster attach to either side panel, and Silverbolt and Onslaught attach to either front panel (see www.scrambledcity.com)

Armada Red Alert- If you like having him hold his rifle in hand, you can take one of his little arm stub weapons and plug it into the hole on his shoulder where his rifle stores. It gives him a little shoulder missle.

BM Cycledrone- There are two different ways to transform him. The box art shows one type of robot mode, the directions another. Both look intended.

BW Tigerhawk- Flip him upside down in beast mode, fold the wings around, and he has a tank mode (he has undocumented rollers on his wings, and a cockpit on his chest). If you flip his robotmode gun-hand around, the tank has a turret.

7. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    - Armada Starscreams Null laser cannons can come off
    - RiD cryotek has storage under his wings by the body for two missles.
    - G1 Optimus Prime has a place to hold his gun in the back right of the trailer
    -Several transformers other then armada can hold Mini-cons on powerlynx like ports IE, Metroplex, RiD Optimus prime, RiD Ultra Magnus, BW Optimus Optimal

This ones kind of a bad one, but if you press really hard on a mini-con part that does something, you can snap the thingy and no longer need a mini-con to use that feature. ;) 

8. LoserBroadside

RID Ultra Magnus- Switch legs, and you can come up with a great base mode that looks more like a base than RID Prime. In fact, you can snap all of Prime's base's parts onto the RID Magnus base, including Primes handgun.

RID Minicon Ironhide/Ox- His gun fits snugly into his pickup bed for easy storage.

Now, I have a question about a possible feature on G1 Triple changer Sandstorm. There is a screw hole above his head that gets covered with a sticker. If one doesn't put the sticker there, could his gun handle peg in there to become a nose gun in helicopter mode? Has anyone tried this?

9. Dark Law

Dark Law Well-Known Member

RiD Ironhide and Mirage can do the "piggy back" move that they used in the show. Becuase of the gap in Mirgares feet fet can be securly placed on back of Ironhide in truck mode.

10. Eradicator

Eradicator I am Antithesis

Also conscerning BM cycle drone. There is a second motorcycle mode. You put his robot arms/exausts positioned just above his smaller wheel making his back wheel his front and making the vehicle mode look more like RID Sideways. You use his head as a seat.:D 

11. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

BM mirage (and RiD mirage GT) the head gun can be removed and the peg used to hold it in his hand.

US release of Magmatron. his gun can be held by the other handle on the back and the blade shaped missile can be put in to form a sword reffered to as the magma blade.

RiD ruination and CR Vuldigus. the two combined guns can be combined with each other to form a single large gun by putting the handle of jeep's big gun into the side of the tank's small gun.

12. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    BM Scavenger and Mirage can be combined (kinda) for a weird two part gestalt. Mirage provides the lower body and legs, Scavenger provides the arms and head.

Hard to explain, but use Mirages arms to hold Scavenger securely onto him. If anyone is interested in how the hell I did this I can try and post piccies up. But only if folk are interested, otherwise I canna be bothered... ;) 

13. OOPRCT

OOPRCT New Member

:eek:  OOOH! show me!!!! I would like to see a scavenger + Mirage!

14. AutobotMaximal

AutobotMaximal Becoming vintage, day by day

Actually I wish I had pics of all these to see what I may consider trying. They would serve as instructions.

15. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime End of Days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    how do you take Armada SS's null lasers off?
    also some armada cyclonus' have that little rear engine that comes off and can sorta be used as a weapon on his arm if you take a missle out.

16. Purgatori

Purgatori Lesbian Vampire Goddess

G1 ironhide/ratchet can store thier red peg and laser gun under them in van mode.

17. LoserBroadside

I have a question about a possible feature on G1 Triple changer Sandstorm. There is a screw hole above his head that gets covered with a sticker. If one doesn't put the sticker there, could his gun handle peg in there to become a nose gun in helicopter mode? Has anyone tried this?

I know I had this in an earlier post, but I'm really curious

18. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Here ya go... the MIGHTY SCAVERAGE! Um... Miravenger?

Ah whatever. Here. ;) 

[​IMG]

19. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    Hmm, I know a way to make a different Scavenger/Mirage "godzilla" gestalt...it actually ends up looking a whole lot like a little Trypticon.

G1 Galvatron is fully articulated (people keep talking about him as a brick, which makes me wonder if they've actually tried to move his legs!)

There is are at least two different ways to make "full armor" Omega Primes that use every piece of Ultra Magnus and Optimus.

RailRacer: separate his 'gestalt mode' gun and you can mount both of them over his shoulders (fold down the back robots' hands and put them in there).

RiD Scourge: this might be documented (I'm not sure) but many folks might not know it: Scourge can hold his base's ripple-fire missile launcher in his hand.

All of the G1 Scramble City "leaders" weapons are the standard Armada peg hole size---instant guns for your under-armed Armada toys.

20. JAYPRIME

JAYPRIME Evil Collector of TFs

When I tried this the smke stacks fell right off, did you use something to make them stay on?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.