Transformers: Heros (Part One)

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Doctor Doom, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Doctor Doom

Doctor Doom Doom is best pony Veteran

Authors Note: this fanfic is inspired by the recent announcement of the forthcoming cartoon of the same name and has no baring on the new series. The only thing this shares with the cartoon is just a few of the announced concepts and the name.

Other than that enjoy.

2. Doctor Doom

Prologue: The Day the World Grew Dark.

“He’s late.”

Sentinel Prime cocked his head slightly as Ironhide began to pace back and forth once again. For nearly 3 mega-cycles they had been waiting on the outskirts of the ruined city-state of Vectron with nothing more than themselves and 3 other troopers for company. Sentinel knew it was a risk to be out in the open this way but there was little choice. Months of skirmishes with a radical group of Cybertronians, calling themselves ‘Decepticons’, had put Autobot High Command on the alert. Several members of the Council of Elders had been assassinated and several city-states, like Vectron, had become little more than mass graves for the innocent.

“You worry too much old friend,” Sentinel Prime spoke in his most reassuring voice. “He will be here soon enough and then we can return to Iacon.”

Ironhide scowled. “You can’t be serious Prime. Look at what those Decepti-creeps did to this city! I can’t even imagine what they do to Iacon, let alone you.”

Sentinel Prime’s spark sank again within his shielded chest. Once again he turned back and looked at the ruins of Vectron. Up until the destruction of Vectron many in Autobot High Command though the Decepticons to be nothing more than a radical group leftover from the Unification Wars of eons past. Not all Cybertronians were eager to unite under one banner and some factions still existed in one form or another. A new generation had come online since those horrific wars and lived in relative peace and harmony, only to be shattered by a Nucleon bomb. Nearly four-hundred thousand sparks were extinguished that day.

A flash of nucleon radiation crackled across Sentinel Prime’s fingers. Even at this extreme range from ground zero the radiation levels were barely tolerable. He could already feel his transformation cogs begin to seize in his lower legs. Even now he loathed hearing Ratchet’s I told you so when they retuned, and spending a few cycles in a CR Chamber.

“Sir!” yelled Pyro, one of his bodyguards. “I’m detecting a fighter approaching from the north.”

“ID code confirmed,” Clench, Pyro’s partner added. “It’s one of ours.”

“He’s always showboating….” Ironhide yelled though the deafening sonic boom as a Cybertronian space fighter screamed overhead.

The space fighter flew straight up into the air. Sentinel Prime could see the canopy open up and its occupant eject out. The fighter itself continued roaring into the heavens until it slowed and began to rapidly descend back to the earth. Ironhide and Clench immediate put themselves in front of Sentinel Prime as Pyro manned his mobile weapon platform behind them. The fighter began shift, hydraulic pistons and levels moved metal plates as internal components shifted locations. In the mere blink of an optic the fighter was no more and another Cybertronian appeared. From his feet a series of rocket boosters ignited and he slowly landed onto the metagrass field.

“It’s about slaggin’ time you showed up,” Ironhide grumbled as he lowered his weapon.

“You must pardon my tardiness Commander Ironhide but I had to make sure that the area was secure.” The newcomer spoke. “We cannot have our leader vulnerable can we?”

“That is quite enough of that,” Sentinel Prime spoke. “What is so important to tell me that we are had to meet here, General Megatron?”

“To the point as always, my old friend,” Megatron replied. His aid, the eerily silent Soundwave slowly approached from behind. With a click of a button on his massive chest a holographic image appeared in front of the group. It was a silent image of a smirking face, a face familiar that it made Ironhide gasp.

“As you know, for the past deca-cycle I was commissioned to root out the leader of the Decepticons. With the aid of Soundwave and a select group of loyal retainers we have just uncovered an elaborate series of secret communications between rebellious cells,” Megatron said. “Needless to say I wasn’t too surprised by the results.”

Sentinel Prime studied the face for a few moments. “Is this true?”

“Affirmative,” replied Soundwave. “Strategic Air Commander Starscream is guilty of treason.

“Starscream? Starscream lacks the creativity for this,” Ironhide gestured to the scorched earth behind them. “Slag, he road Jetfire’s boosters throughout most of his life. Thank Primus Jetfire got wise about this slaggin’ sorry excuse of a ‘bot and dumped him long ago.”

“I didn’t say he was ‘THE’ leader,” Megatron added, “You are correct, Starscream lacks creativity but make up for it with some decent leadership. Hence he is one of the Decpticon' cell leaders and answers to another, more capable, commander.”

"Any idea whom this mysterious 'leader' is?" Sentinel Prime asked as he looked over the additional holo-projections.

"Unfortunately not at this time. But given this new lead I can assure you I can proceed with a...."

Megatron stopped in mid-sentence. Ironhide studied his face and quickly looked around. Flying low was a squadron of Seekers and they were coming right at them. Instinct took over as Ironhide raised his blaster rifle and took aim at the lead Seeker.

"AMBUSH!" Ironhide cried out as he fired.

The blast of plasma nailed the lead seeker in the cockpit. It slammed into the ground at Mach 3 and splintered into millions of pieces. No doubt the Decepticon's spark was lost but Ironhide couldn’t care less when Sentinel Prime’s life was at stake. A thunderous torrent or energy flew right beside Ironhide and incinerated another Seeker. Ironhide chanced a glance back to see Megatron’s massive plasma cannon reading to fire again at the oncoming enemies.

“So much for being secretive,” Sentinel Prime sighed as his blaster rifle shot off a few rounds of plasma.

“Indeed, old friend,” Megatron said as another wave of Seekers appeared from the northeast. “Go quickly Prime; Soundwave and I shall cover your retreat.”

“No,” Sentinel Prime said. “You return to Autobase with what you have collected. Alert Ultra Magnus and Grimlock. Have them ready the Wreckers and Dynabots for battle. We shall end these murderous attacks today if we can.”

“There will be time for that later, you are much too important!” Ironhide yelled. “Get the slag outa here!”

The words from Sentinel Prime were drowned out as a missile flew into Pyro’s weapon’s platform. Ironhide was thrown back as a backwash of raw enegron overwhelmed his systems. Clench and Pyro took the brunt of the dirty weapon and their poor sparks was eaten alive by the volatile energy. Sentinel Prime’s systems barely held and by sheer will he staved off status lock. Ironhide tried in vain to keep his systems online but soon was overwhelmed by the radiation. He slumped down; frozen as a statue until the energon radiation levels were tolerable.

“Go….” Sentinel Prime gasped as Megatron rose to his feet. “Get…. Help….”

“I think not.” Megatron sneered.

“Wha…. What?”

Megatron’s cannon fired and the blast severed Sentinel Prime’s right arm off at the shoulder. Systems screamed in his head as the pain centers were overloaded. Again status lock tried to overtake him and again Sentinel Prime willed it away. Another blast, this time from above tore into his endostructure and crippled his neural pathways, shutting down almost all systems.

It was a Null beam.

“Brilliant move, oh Mighty Megatron,” Starscream sarcastically said, “But where in this plan did it call for the termination of 5 of my men?”

Megatron’s response was brutal as it was swift. He backhanded Starscream across his arrogant face. “Culling the herd of those intolerable to the cause is just. Backspeed, Cyclone, and Sunstorm botched the assault on Alerdon. They needed to be punished. As for Oderon and Terrorsaur… casualties of war.”

“Wha…. Wha…. Why?” Sentinel Prime whispered. Status lock was looming ever closer but event he could see that wasn’t in his future.

Megatron knelt down to one of his oldest friends and lowered his plasma cannon to the exposed spark core. “You and I go back further than anyone we know, brothers in arms before and after the Unification Wars. We have seen things no other should ever see and know thinks no one else should know. Alas you were chosen, above me, to be Prime.

“And now I change that mistake.” Megatron sneered with disgust.

With one shot Sentinel Prime’s spark was lost and his lifeless body fell to the ground. A flash of light erupted out of Sentinel Prime’s chest cavity, knocking Megatron onto his rear skid plate. Something erupted out of the lifeless body and flew into the air. It streaked north, towards Iacon and the Council of Elders.

The Matrix of Leadership had returned home.

“By the pit!” Megatron cursed. His hands tearing Sentinel Prime’s head off its body.

“... and again the Matrix has slipped though your grasp,” Starscream said. “How sad.”

“One more insulent word and I shall personally rip out your spark and devour it,” Megatron snapped as he rose from the ground with his grizzly trophy.

Starscream chose his next words carefully. He knew Megatron wasn’t joking but he also knew how important he was to the greater goals of the Decepticon cause. “What of Ironhide? He is just in status lock. Shall I end his miserable life now or would you like the honors?”

“No,” Megatron replied after a moment of though. “One survivor tale may be creditable at face value; it could still lead to questions that I don’t want asked. Two will be sufficient to tell the tale of Sentinel Prime’s last heroic moments.”

“Two?” Starscream asked as he looked over towards the inert body of Soundwave. He had taken the brunt of the energon blow and spared Megatron any agonizing moments of pain or worst, a vunurable status lock.

“You shall take Soundwave back to our base. I will report him as the traitor and all nothing more will come of it,” Megatron replied.

Nothing more was spoken. Starscream and the remaining Seekers picked up Soundwave and flew off into the evening sky. Megatron stood silently over the remains of the one proud leader of the Autobots with a sick smile across his face. With little effort he crushed Sentinel Primes head in his hands and laughed.

Soon the Matrix shall be mine…. Soon this world shall be forever mine.

3. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Ooo - I like it!

Interesting take.

4. Doctor Doom

Histoical Datatrack 001

The Unification Wars

The end of the Second Golden Age of Cybertron was marked with the so-dubbed"Unification Wars" when the self-contained city-states of Krona and Predius began a long and costly war with eachother. It was not fully known what was the catalylist of this war but it soon engulfed much of the southern hemisphere of Cybertron and the disolvement of the Council of Elders. The diplomatic efforts of Iacon and Crystal City were of no avail as the hostilties reached new heights when Karona was devistated by a all-out Nucleon Air Strike that extinguished the sparks of over two-hundred thousand Cybertronians and rendered the former jewel of Cybertron a inhospitable wasteland to this day.

Outraged by this act, Alpha Prime, heir of the Matrix of Leadership; united several city-states under the banner of the Autobots. The Autobots, named in honor of the legendary warriors whom overthough the vile Quintisons eons ago and freed our people from prepetual enslavement, became the rallying force in the war. Alpha Prime proved his worth as a cunning millitary commander and a shrewed diplolmat in winning more battles in negotiations than in conflict. Alas in the end the final battle of Predius proved to be end of Alpha Prime has he fell inbattle facing the fierce Predicon warrior, Metallikaton.

If not for the valiant efforts of Magnus, Megatron, and Signas (now Sentinel Prime) , whom all in a combine effort took down Metallikaton once and for all our world may have become a different place. With the war won Sentinel Prime re-eastablished the disbanded Council of Elders and brought forth the Third Golden Age of Cybertron

5. Doctor Doom

Histoical Datatrack 002

Nucleon

A variant form of processed Energon that was developed during the height of the Second Golden Age of Cybertron. It was initally created to help combat the crippling Energon shortage that plagued the Northern Hemisphere when the main processing plants on Moonbase One were crippled during a freak cosmic radiation storm. It was easlier to process than regular Energon crystals since the key component is Energon cubes. A single cube of Nucleon was just as potent as 30 Energon cubes and was more stable for transportation.

Nucleon possesed remarkable restorative and energy-generation properties but had an unsettling side effect: the loss of a Cybertronian's natural ability to transform into a alternate mode(s). At the time the number of people in status lock continued to grow as the efforts to restore the Moonbase processing plants were hamppered by a shape increase of solar flare activity on Sol Prima. The Council of Elders were forced to issued a proclimation to use Nucleon to ease the growing fears of the people and to save the sparks of millions.

As the processing plants began operation once again the Council of Elders ordered that the processing of Nucleon to be cut back. Around this time new studies began to surface of more side effects of the so-called 'savior of Cybertron.' Numerous cases of Cybertronians becoming addicted to nucleon began to surface. Worst was the severe internal damage of many Cybertronian's transformation cogs. Many nucleon victems were violently transforming, having unstoppable seizures, and in rare cases ripping themselve to pieces.

The worst effects came when a rogue faction calling themselves "The Action Masters" began to mass-produce nucleon. Their production facilities didn't meet the base safety requirements and in a titanic explosion all were lost. The explosion also contaiminated a large area of the Sonic Canyons with high levels of nucleon radiation and many residents began to suffer the severe transformation cog effects. Those close still had their sparks eaten alive by the intense radiation (beleaved to be even more deadly than unprocessed energon crystals).

Unfortunately the end of the Energon crisis unintentonally led to the development of Nucelon-based weaponary programs. Since Nucleon radiation disapates much faster rates than Energon radiation, aerial weapons (city-killer bombs) and energy projection technolgy (Null beam projectors) was developed to either distrup an entire city population or eliminate all lifeforms residing in it.

This is beleaved by most scollars to be one of the leading causes of the Unification Wars.

6. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    just one gripe with all of this.

it should be null ray not beam. null ray just sounds cooler than null beam

7. Mongoose Fire

Mongoose Fire Active Member

Really good start...enjoying the start. Keep it up...i like your take on the story.

8. Sideways

Sideways Banned

i like it!!!

personally i never heard of Sentinel Prime.

9. rebelbot

rebelbot rebelbot

I like your story its really good story. Keep up the good work. I can't wait for the next part.

10. Throwback

Throwback Well-Known Member

you do the damn thang. Good take.

11. Doctor Doom

Chapter One

Iacon, the northern jewel and by many standards the unofficial capital city of Cybertron. It is the home of the Council of Elders, the Autobot headquarters, and over a million Cybertronians. A bastion of freedom and tolerance for all whom enter its domain. Day in and day out countless shuttles of all size and description pass though its massive spaceport for the moonbases or countless colonies scattered across the sector. Over a hundred thousand miles of roads, bridges, and walkways exist throughout the city for those whose alt-modes permitted land travel.

Optronix paused for a brief moment outside the massive walls of the Autobase. Relatively new to his appointment as a data courier for the venerable Alpha Trion and archivist for the Great Datatrack Library of Iacon, he hadn’t had the time to download the latest maps of the city. It was his second time to the Autobase in the past solar-cycle and for the second time he had gotten lost on the way there. With a heavy sigh at his tardiness Optronix shifted from his three-wheeled truck alt-mode to his bot-mode to ascend the massive stairway to the headquarters of the Autobot Elite.

Again he was awestruck. Not more than a few nanos into the large central plaza Optronix had seen some of the heroes of Cybertron. Tactical Strategist Prowl was talking to the head of the Autobot Air Guardian Taskforce, Jetfire; and the commander of the Aerialbots, Silverbolt. Red Alert and Inferno, the commanders of the elite civil defense force were having a heated discussion about possible Deception activity in the city. So heated that Iacon’s representive to the Council of Elders had to get involved before it change from a discussion into a brawl.

Optronix was too enthralled in the argument that he couldn’t help but keep watching. So focused on the events nearby he wasn’t looking where he was going and collided with another passerby. In an unceremonious ‘THUMP’ Optronix and the unfortunate victim of his carelessness fell onto the floor, scattering the clutch of datapads he was supposed to deliver.

“Oh for booting up cold…” Optronix hissed to himself as he quickly began to collect the mess of information-storage devices. “I’m sorry about that, really I am.”

“That’s fine,” a feminine voice replied. “I really wasn’t looking where I was going myself.”

Optronix looked up to see a sleek, aerodynamic fembot kneeling down to help gather the datapads. She looked like a seeker-jet like that of Jetfire or the other members of the Air Guardian Forces, but lacked the heavy weapon packages that were their trademark. She offered him a hand up and then Optronix was staring at her chestplate, another reminder of how small he was compared to the rest of the Autobot forces.

“That’s all of it?” she asked.

“Uh…. Ummm… yes ma’am,” Optronix stuttered as he tried to regain his composure.

She looked annoyed. “Ma’am…. I’ve got to be at least 2 solar-cycles older than you, if not less.”

“I’m sorry!” Optronix said, averting his optics and hoping to salvage what little of his dignity had left.

“Don’t worry about it,” she said. “Say… weren’t you that new guy that works for Alpha Trion? The one that got lost last week?”

Optronix felt his spark nearly flicker out from embarrassment. “Umm, yes…”

She rested a gentle hand on his shoulder and smiled. “I still get lost around here so don’t get all too worried about it.”

“Thanks.”

“By the way I’m Swoop. If you ever need help just find me, at least until you find your footing,” Swoop said.

“It there a problem here?” a booming voice spoke from behind.

Optronix slowly turned around and looked up…. And up. Where as he stood at chest-level with Swoop poor Optronix stood waist-level with one of the greatest heroes of Cybertron: Grimlock. The massive leader of the Dynabots looked down at the courier with a look of disgust and knelt down to one knee to look at the scared bot in the eyes.

“This one bugging you, little sister?” Grimlock growled. “Maybe Me should take you into a interrogation chamber for answers, yes?”

“I’m just…. Err…. Aaaa…. data courier sir… Optronix….” Optronix shuttered. He could see his horrified reflection on the Grimlock's shining faceplate.

“Humph!” Grimlock said has he rose to his massive height. “So you be Alpha Trion’s new pet. Fine. Go now and do your duty before Me change Me mind.”

Optronix quickly fled the halls, not even hazarding a glance back at the kindly fembot whom had helped him.

Swoop glared at Grimlock. “Was that necessary?”

“Nope,” Grimlock replied has he resumed walking to the main entrance to the Autobase. “But it was fun.”

“FUN?”

Swoop was furious. Grimlock chucked a bit until he heard the dull whine of Swoop’s jet boosters ignite. Soon enough Swoop’s youthful face was glaring right back at his, her leg-mounted jet booster’s burners dangerously close to his chestplate.

“That was totally uncalled for! You must have scared the energon out of that poor guy!”

Grimlock raised he hand and put it between himself and the young girl. With genital ease he slowly pushed her aside to continue his journey. Swoop snarled and once again interposed herself in his way.

“You going to keep this up or do Me have to get rough?” Grimlock asked.

“You can’t hurt me,” Swoop said, playing her ace in the hole, “You wouldn’t hurt your baby sister.”

“Anyone working for Alpha Trion is a weakling,” he grumbled.

“Oh… is that it? Your stupid ‘superiority complex’ kicking in again? Gotta keep picking on the little guys that we’re supposed to be protecting?” Swoop snapped. “For the love of Primus I wish you would have left me in that slaggin status pod! Slag I wish I didn’t even share over 75% of the same internal parts as you!”

She screamed. Parts shifted and unfolded and within moments Swoop assumed her sleek hypersonic jet mode. She rocketed into the heavens with a thunderous sonic boom leaving a noxious cloud of smoke in her brother’s face.

“Maybe if these weaklings would ever stand up for themselves then maybe Me might give them respect,” Grimlock mumbled to himself the answer Swoop had demanded. He knew she needed to blow off some steam and would be back in a few cycles, still mad as the Pit but ready for any mission the Council requests.

He continued on his way when a small object appeared on his sensors. For a moment Grimlock thought it to be one of Swoop’s concussion missiles, since it wasn’t the first time she had done that in a fit of rage. That idea was quickly dismissed when the object slowed down and began broadcasting Grimlock’s recognition codes. He paused and saw an approaching Message Drone and quickly picked up his pace.

“Designation- Grimlock, commander of Dynabot strike team,” he spoke to the drone as it came to a haul in front of him. “Authorization code: alpha-ceta-sibertron.”

“ID code confirmed,” The drone replied. “Commander Grimlock is to report to the Citadel of the Elders at once. This is a Class-01 priority, all active missions are now put on hold.”

Grimlock’s optics lit up brighter. Anything that had a designation of ‘Class-01’ was bad. He didn’t even bother to wait for any more of the message as he quickly transformed into his Assault Tank alt-mode and sped off towards the Citadel. Deep down he had a bad feeling in the pit of his spark that it was going to be the start of a long week.

12. rebelbot

rebelbot rebelbot

nice work, poo Optronix he does not get a break does he?

13. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    you might want to edit that bit :lol 

good work though, any reason you decided to make swoop a fem?

14. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    hehe glad i wasn't the only one to notice that.

Doom - This is great stuff! My only beef - proofread. Please.

I'm really enjoying where this is going, and look forward to new stuff.

Oh one more thing - it's "Stasis pod", not "status pod", as in it's a pod that keeps things in stasis, or essentially frozen.

15. rebelbot

rebelbot rebelbot

I agree, why did you make Swoop a fem.

16. Doctor Doom

Author Feedback 001

Thank you for all of the feedback.

Editing
    I can write a decent story but suck at editing. Everything is saved onto my hard drive and onto a floppy disk for future changes/edits. I'll prolly go though and revise some elements later and add-on to the story (but NOT preform a Lucas and totally fubar it!)

Fembots
    I am planning a "Historical Datatrack" on the origin of the Fembots (spoiler: Quintisons were involved), the 'brother & sister' element, and some other family interactions. I am a big fan of the Fembot concept and always thought that Elita-1 and Arcee kinda got the shaft in G1. Fembots are few in number on my Cybertron but are in equal in all aspects of daily life. You will see some common elements in the Fembot design (more aerodynamic, lacking heavy weapons, lighter-weight bodys, ect.).

Swoop
    Original incarnation of 'Swoop' was going to be a fan-character, but it slowly changed over the development of the story. The G1 Swoop bio was the linch-pin in the altetation. Swoop was the weakest of the Dinobots and the one that interacted the best with the other Autobots. She still shares many of the tradtional Dinobot traits (she often fires a few missiles at Grimlock when she is upset). This also adds to some intersting interactions with Grimlock and some character developement for them as well. Call this the "Authors Creative Licence" and since this is in a totally different universe expect more changes (but nothing too drastic.... except maybe Tracks and Gears :p  )

17. Hakudoushi

Hakudoushi Well-Known Member

I'm liking this fic. I hope you are planning on contiuing it.

18. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Very nice read! Can't wait to read more! :thumb 

19. Doctor Doom

I'm planning on continuing it soon. Hit a snag on a upcomming installment (its hard ploting Megatron's betrayal.... there are so many involved in the plan its not even funny) and also my niece's 1st birthday is comming tomarrow so I've been busy helping get stuff prepared.

20. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Yep - this is awesome.

Although I must say, whenever I hear the name of this series the theme from "Sonic Heroes" IMMEDIATELY springs to mind.

Although surprisingly, that's not a bad thing.