Transformers Heroes, What do you want to see?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by jedi prime1, Dec 6, 2006.

1. jedi prime1

jedi prime1 Well-Known Member

Transformers: Heros what do you want to see?

Here is what I would like to see come out of the new Heros cartoon/toyline

Charicters
    Autobots
    Optimus Prime
    Ultra Magnus
    Bumblebee
    Hot Rod/Hot Shot
    Jetfire
    Hound
    Alpha Trion
    Dinobot combiner

Decepticons
    Megatron/Galvatron
    Starsream and seekers
    Soundwave w/minions
    Cyclonus
    Prediking combiner

for the story, nothing to do with Unicron/Minicons Maybe get into the quitisons

2. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No crappy gimmicks. Like Classics. Classics has no gimmicks, and the line rocks!

3. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Good and steady voice acting like in the days of G1 and the Beast era, none of the bad dub stuff with no room for any real acting. I want something as epic as the Beast era, and something that will actuall catch my interest. They can put any Transformer in it that they want to, they don't even have to use Prime and Megatron, as long as it all drags me in and I feel like I'm watching something with quality. I also hope that when I watch this, that it doesn't feel like it's something I've seen before, and also hope for no stupid kids that the Autobots have to babysit.

4. Wreckie

Wreckie Holder of the Discomatrix

Ebay:
    I'd like to see a series where Optimus Prime isn't perfect, the Autobots don't always get along and the bad guys win occasionally. Oh, and the Decepticons should steadfastly refuse to call their leader by another name just because he's painted himself a different colour. :p 

5. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just wanna see a good cartoon. If it keeps me entertained and doesn't have any of the awkward moments that the past few shows have had it'll be fine. And hopefully they'll go in a different direction as a whole to what we have seen in the past few shows storywise and build characters personalities beyond the main few bots. Even if that means having one bot star in its own episode ala Beast Wars/G1. I'm pretty sure the toys will be great as usual, but hopefully they'll get back to basics and not resemble the movie stuff (even tho I like the movie bots for the most part. :)  )

6. Shipley

Shipley extremely online

News Credits:
    sounds like Beast Wars!

I'll take any show that feel more like BW or some of the better comics. I've all but given up on the animation side of TF. I wouldn't say the anime of the last 5 years is BAD, just a bad mix of translation and dub quality. As long as the next shows writers and actors understand that this isn't just a show and that this is a franchise with a very long history. Maybe not as long as Batman or X-Men or Spider-Man (just to name a few franchises that get a new show every couple years), but the fans are there and another really good show would propel Transformers into that neighborhood of Batman and Spider-Man for having high quality stories to go with a group of unique characters.

Only character request is someone MORE like Cheetor in Beast Machines rather than Cheetor in BW or Hot Shot and Ironhide in the Unicron Trilogy. Younger characters are great for kids to identify with, but they've got to mature beyond just winning some battles on their own. Bumblebee and Hot Rod also got this right but for some reason BM Cheetor sticks out in my mind as a younger character who took charge and lead when the chips were down.

7. Evan Goldsborough

Evan Goldsborough Freelance Negotiator

Hell, I'd love to have them bring in Cullen as an "elder Prime", a bit of a mentor figure to Kaye's.

It'd also be nice if they'd use 2D animation again. Or, at the very least, don't blend 2D and 3D anymore.

8. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Personally, I'd like to see a series that starts out the way IDW's Infiltration does. That is, a series where Optimus and Megatron are far too high-ranking to bother with Earth-based missions and they are only spoken of in ominous tones. The focus is on a group of C-list Autobots (or even better, entirely new characters) who have been assigned to Earth and do not intend to contact humans. Their opponents are a group of Decepticons who are strong but low ranking, and are attempting to prove themselves by conquering Earth. Along the way, other Cybertronians could join them; maybe the Decepticons hire bounty hunters, and the Autobots request assistance from higher ranking characters. It would basically be more about guerilla warfare and hiding from humans than about some mystical quest to save cybertron like the last series.

9. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    - No G1 homages. Virtually every line since Beast Machines has been chock-full of G1 nods. I'd much rather see unique aesthetics and designs than more updates/homages/nods to what we've seen over and over and over by now. It's getting stagnant.
    - No Optimus Prime, Megatron, Starscream, Galvatron, Jetfire or Hot Rod/Shot. Connected to the above point, these characters have been used repeatedly and it's getting boring and predictable. Given new leaders a chance to shine for the whole series and some different characters amoungst the rank and file. Use the Minicon sets as a way to hold the trademarks on the important character names that aren't going to be used in the series. Also, no Unicron.
    - Connected to the above, again, change up the voice acting dynamic a little. I like Garry Chalk and David Kaye, but let other people play the leaders for this one.
    - Reduce the anime influence. Anime has a lot to offer, but Energon and (especially) Cybertron have taken all the worst ideas. Worst offenders are the overuse of transformation sequences and the DBZ-esque powers some characters kept using throughout Cybertron.
    - Get the Transformers off Earth and Cybertron. Cybertron was a good start to bring in some extra planets, but I'd like to see them expand the war across the universe. Perhaps even devote the first 10 - 15 episodes of the series to stand-alone stories that focus on the Autobot/Decepticon conflict on a different planet each episode, dropping a few hints and tidbits about an overarching plot.
    - Take a cue from Justice League Unlimited. Mature plots, solid characterization and stories that expect thought and consideration from the viewer. Don't "talk down" to the audience. Hell, I'd even go so far as to suggest getting some members of the JLU production team onboard in some capacity.
    - I don't mind a mix of 2D and 3D animation, but Gonzo's 3D work is too choppy and awkward to be used on the main characters. Follow the lead of shows like Samurai 7 and JLU: 3D animation for backgrounds and vehicles, 2D for the characters.
    - The Decepticons more of a force to be reckoned with. In the A/E/C shows combined there were maybe 10 competent Decepticons...and that's counting Megatron three times. Nothing wrong with having a few comic relief characters, but having the bad guys as mostly incompetent always makes me wonder (a) how did the Decepticons survive this long and (b) if the Autobots can't beat these losers, they must be even more incompetent.
    - Keep the cast small, whether that's through some restriction in the plot on how characters can enter the show (ala Beast Wars) or by just focusing on a handful of players in each army.

10. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

No superlinks of any kind save that of gestalt combinders.

And no humans,I feel this is one of the reasons why BW was so good.

11. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Less talk, more scrapping.

12. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

A-Freakin'-Men on both counts

Especially on the first suggestion. Hell don't limit it just to JLU's storytelling style. TMNT 2003's got some serious chops too.

In terms of animation I'd like a little change of pace, I suppose X-Men: Evolution's art style could work well. I know it'd probably not be very likely, but since getting back into TFs I've secretly ached for a TF series animated in the Gundam Wing style

13. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    No 1 homages. G1 is dead, leave it at that.
    A female character that isn't a flirt, damsel in distress, or useless in combat.
    A good-guy leader that isn't a fire or semi-truck.
    An original theme song, no techno.
    No beastformers.

Then again, I just want a good show. Expecting something out of anything will only leave you disappointed. I loved Super Link and Galaxy Force, so my opinions are different from the majority.

14. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    So you want them to slide the robots around, avoiding any real movement as much as possible, re-use animation over and over again, and use the sloppiest animation possible for the time, only using the best art and animation for the "big moments"?

sounds like you want armada.

15. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Are we thinking of the same Gundam Wing?

16. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yes, and I hope the Autobots kick AZZ! :lol 

17. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Yeah. you didnt say endless waltz, though. when compared to other gundam series that came out before it, wing has extremely low production values for it's time.

18. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I really hope we get to see an entire cast of robots floating in space talking to each other about what to do about [insert current situation]. And I also hope it takes up about 15 minutes of each episode.

19. Sideways

Sideways Banned

hell yeah man!

i want to see new Autobots, new Decepticons..
    more of a mature theme to it. and show some Transformers die, rather than having Prime died each time.

20. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

I DONT want five second transformation sequences or robots announcing their attacks right before they do them. Nothing falling out of the sky giving them super powers either. I just want robot on robot action.