Transformers Heroes Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by BlueFlame, Feb 6, 2007.

1. BlueFlame

BlueFlame Well-Known Member

Well, since this is made in North America, I will give it a chance. Haven't watched a TF show since Beast Machines ended. Mind you I tried a few episodes of each show that followed it, but couldn't stand any of them.

Why can't they just give us a new show that is set in the G1, BW/BM continuity. THAT would be something fans could get excited about.

Like I said, though, I'll try this new show out, too. I have more hope for it then I've had about a TF show in a while.

2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Doesn't remotely belong in news.

*PUNT*

3. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

You know when BW appeared people complained about it being too far removed from G1. There's an outside chance Heroes (or whatever they call it) will be of merit. So if people are going to judge it, they should at least wait until they've seen it.

4. BlueFlame

Not judging the new show. Just saying I'd like to see a new show in the original continuity.

Plus, with the run of TF crap shows we've had lately, I'm not holding out much hope for Heroes. But I have MORE hope for this one then any of the other past shows.

5. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Tf crap shows? You didn't like the Armadaverse? Sure, every show had it flaws but they are not that bad. The final episodes of Armada were great, I prefer Superlink over Energon (its all about the dubbing ^^) and Galaxy Force was a blast.

6. zopilote_z

zopilote_z Well-Known Member

I don´t think it will fit any continuity, I bet it´ll be something like "X-Men: Evolution", resembling a litttle movie design, a little comics, but different enouch.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I personally prefer the newe stuff. G1 is crap to me. Beast Wars wasn't that bad, but I could never really get into it. Peace out.

8. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    The writers and voice actors I've seen attached to this show are all top notch.

I have a feeling it will be good.

9. Hound_Dawg

Hound_Dawg Shinki,Braves,TF's Oh my!

I don't think it will matter where it is made, someone will take umbrage with the new series. I personally liked RiD, I personally liked ML, SL and GF. Honestly I didn't care 2 bits about BW/BM, and just now I am watching it jus so i know what was going on. BUT, it has it's flaws like everything else.

While I see what it is you want to say, don't lump all everyone into YOUR opinion. Be excited to see a new show. Have fun, go the whole 10 yards. I am going to wait till i see character designs before I care one way or the other on this show.

10. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I enjoyed the Unicron Trilogy as well... I hope to see them do something in 2012 for Armada's 10th anniversary. :D 

11. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

We don't really have much to discuss yet as far as Heroes goes.

Also, I thought Galaxy Force was awesome. I don't prejudge a show based on where it's made.

12. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    All we can go on right now is hope. And i'm hoping for an all-new continuity.

13. Single Elegant Machine

Single Elegant Machine Purity and order.

I just wish it's dark, has an evil dictator, legions of mindless troops, and the good guys constantly get their behinds kicked. Oh wait, I just described Beast Machines.

Well they've rehashed coming to Earth a zillion times, why not the dictator angle?

14. BlueFlame

Oh, I'm not lumping everyone into my opinion.

I am a member of around 8 different TFs message boards, and believe me, people who like the newer shows are the minority. Most Transfans love Transformers for the G1/BW/BM continuity. The new shows have been a disappointment, and that is, in my experience, the opinion of the majority, even on this board.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with liking the newer shows, but they come across as juvenile and childish compared to the earlier shows (yes, even G1) and that is the Japanese influence.

I don't care if Heroes is set in the original continuity or not, I'm more then open to a new continuity. I just want another good storyline. I would, however, prefer a return to the original storyline.

I'm in the process of watching the Unicron Trilogy, trying to see if maybe I'd judged to harshly, and am fighting the gag reflex with each episode I watch.

And I LOVE Anime. But this stuff is just bad. It's like Transformers: Pokemon, for crying out loud.

15. flamepanther

Uh...
    Wow.

Fan goggles and prejudice FTW!

And I love how you had to go back and quickly edit that from "Japanimation".

16. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    Alright, another discussion derailing into a "this *insert show* sucks" thread. Hey, what does everybody think about Kiss-Play?

I kid, who cares what Heroes is going to be about. Let's just all hope for a good show.

17. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

I loved BW, BM wasn't bad but the characters deviated a little far from their BW designs. And of course there are other discrepencies, but otherwise the BW/BM line was well done imo. BW by far imo had great story telling and character development, it was a pity season three was so short.

As for G1, I've watched a few episodes. It didn't take on as many darker elements of BW/BM but it was a good start for the entire line. A classic to say the least.

RID was good, unfortunately Max never got released here lol

AEC, the first two were not as good as they could've been. They both started off with great potential but lost it. Cybertron or rather Galaxy Force was a great ride. Toys were great, show was decent.

I personally hope Heroes will be good, innovative and hopefully not implementing the same approach over and over again.

18. BlueFlame

You know what? Never mind. Forget I said anything. Now I'm a racist.

It is the Japanese influence. Have you EVER watched a Japanese show? They are full of juvenile antics. The Japanese people like to have goofy fun with a lot of their cartoons. And game shows. I just don't like it in my Transformers. Does that mean I have a problem with Japanese people. um, no. I have a good friend who is Japanese. And a Chinese friend and a Native American friend. I myself am half Lebanese.

And yeah I changed it from Japanimation. I call it Japanimation. It was called that for years. But, thinking some narrow-minded individual might take offence and call me racist, I changed it.

Think I'll go to another board. Can't even voice an opinion on here without people jumping down my throat.

Mods feel free to lock this. Forget I even exist. Yeesh!

I apologize for not liking the other shows that followed Beast Machines. I apologize for judging Heroes without having seen it. And I apologize for being a racist.

19. flamepanther

Prejudice is not equal to racism. You're prejudiced about (note that I didn't even say "against") Japanese animation, as you demonstrate in the very quote above, ignoring the countless Western cartoons that are as much or more "juvenile" and the many Japanese shows that aren't.
    Yeah, back when watching butchered-to-death dubs was the best we could get, and even most of the serious fans knew even less than now about the full history and variety of anime. Yeah, I remember. Fans who keep up with it don't call it that anymore.
    Overreact much? Nobody said you had to like anything, and nobody called you a racist.

20. BlueFlame

I'm not prejudiced against Japanese animation either. JEEZ!!!

I have a huge shelf full of the stuff, everything from Robotech to Ghost in the Machine, and yes some of the goofy stuff as well, like Go Dannar and Slayers.

I just don't like the goofier, Pokemon style anime and don't think it fits with Transfomers.

And whose over reacting? I don't want to hang around a forum, where I post a harmless topic and everybody jumps on me. If I'd actually said anything offensive in my first thread, then that would be different.

You guys have proven over and over again that you are missing the point of what I'm saying. Where having posted the same topic on a couple of other TF boards, I'm treated to intelligent conversation.

And I'm sorry but, you pretty well called me a racist. Prejudice in the way you used it, referring to me saying it was the influence of the Japanese and the term Japanimation is you calling me racist. Sorry, but it is.