Transformers Heroes characters

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Steevy Maximus, Oct 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

Actually, X-Men: Evolution threw out almost all of the movie concepts, when you think about it. While the costumes had a similar design aesthetic (primarily black with individual character colours) they looked far more costumey than the movie uniforms. Then you have the fact that Cyclops, Jean, Nightcrawler, Kitty, Rogue et al were actually teenagers again, with Storm and Wolverine as the veteran teachers at the school. it got rid of the classic love triangle ( for obvious reasons) between Logan Scott and Jean, and refocused on telling the story for a new audience.

That is where XME takes its cues from the movie. Basically, you have a huge new fan base with little to no prior knowledge of the comic book history, and Evo basically rebooted the franchise on television. Now, I think TF:Heroes will also follow this model. It will capitalize on the (hopeful) success of the film in bringing new fans to the brand, and "reboot" everything, so that everyone can jump on with little knowledge of the history. Optimus Prime will lead a group of Autobots against Megatron and his decepticon army, who are attempting to take over earth in the not too distant fuure by manipulating our own robot slaves. Sounds like a good little starting point to me.

That being said, if the new TF cartoon is animated in a similar way to XME, hell if it is even half as good as that show became in the writing and storyline department, I'm sold. Evolution, while not quite the series that JL and JLU was, was very good at appealing to kids, while also telling stories that adult geeks like us could also get into.

2. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

im hoping that the tan Abrams megatron tank design is going to be made for this line

3. shockwave57

shockwave57 Active Member

thank god!

The new series is American-made? Can someone positively confirm that, if so THANK GOD!!! The last TF-TV series I cared about was beastmachines. I'm not bias, I taped RID and Armada, I just never plan to watch them again.

4. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i would audition for this if i actually lived anywhere near.

for what it's worth i think magnus will be stationed on cybertron and prowl will be prime's second in command upon cybertron.

(if it is classics we may see jazz sideswipe and sunstreaker as hasbro have said they are in the toys they have planned if the line is a success)

i am really looking forward to this show

5. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

It was confirmed at the Hasbro panel at BotCon.

6. butz

butz slippery when wet

Yay! Prowl! I'm thinking it'll be some kinda spin-off from the movie.

7. Blastwave

Blastwave Well-Known Member

Who's the coolest shark around, who's the coolest shark in town, it's me, Sky-byte!

8. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    It's not Warner Bros! It's Cartoon Network that pisses me off. You know how notorious they are for putting on shows at the worst time slots. They've put TF shows at the crack of dawn since Armada!

And as for Mainframe, I'm not petty that they aren't back. It's just that since Armada, the shows to me have been well...utter crap. And by utter crap, I mean the voice dubbing. Hell, RID was actually more watchable to me than Armada and Energon. Cybertron? Maybe...

9. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

which has nothing to do with the fact that it was a toy commercial aimed at school age children (and not us) airing in a time slot where school age children actually watch cartoons, did it? No, of course not. This was clearly CN's well documented plot to air a Transformers cartoon just out of reach of adults who apparently do not own either a TiVo or a VCR, and/or the ability to program them to record a children's cartoon at an hour when most people are actually up anyway, getting ready for school or work. Those devious bastards.

10. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

I do hope it doesn't use the sort of animation that pretty much all western cartoon shows are using these days. That stuff makes my eyes bleed.

11. Genovevo

Genovevo Genovevo

If it is gonna be American made, this is the thing that has me worried, including the robot designs. Transformers is my favorite series because the robot design is japanese made. Can anybody tell me which style they'e using? Cause I did'nt like the Beast Machines style (no offense)...

12. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Unfortunately, that design was outed as fake by the Hasbro team at BotCon. According to them, it was an "experiment" by a member of the online fan community who wanted to "see what the reaction would be" on Teh IntarWebs.

Meanwhile, I don't see why so many people are thinking this show will be based on the Classics toys. You don't run weekly 22-minute animated toy commercials for a line that came out a year ago and has since left the shelves.

13. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Classics might continue past the initial waves if it is successful, and all signs so far point to a successful line. It may very well still be on shelves when Heroes premieres.

14. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Yes Ultra magnus, yes a US show... after the movie things are looking up.

15. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Classics is just a filler line untill the movie toys hit shelves. And after the movie toys it'll be toys relating to this new series most likely

So the chance of this show being based on classics is pretty low

16. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    I'm just happy a good friend of mine is trying out for a part. I told him he'd be my coolest friend if he got it.

17. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Cartoon network had NOTHING to do with the Armada Cycle...

Also Cartoon network basically IS Warner Brothers now....

18. MC Rap Throne

MC Rap Throne unknown member

News Credits:
    As much as I LOVED the japanese G1 continuity, I must admit that since Car Robot/ RID my interest on new TF shows has almost disappeared. Beast Wars rocked, I also liked Beast Machines. With the confirmation that it'll be made in the USA, I'm really hoping for a great show.

19. Somebody

Somebody ReBoot

News Credits:
    Nope. They're both divisions of Time Warner, yes, but lots of personal fiefdoms, etc involved. That's why JLU and Teen Titans were cancelled - they're DC properties, and thus part of the Warner Bros. division, buut that meant that the CN division didn't get any cash from the merchandise, etc. So they cancelled them to make way for shows that CN could profit from more directly.

20. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Right, because CN is a bunch of greedy...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.