transformers henkei whos doing it?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by siekone, Jul 5, 2008.

1. siekone

siekone TeletranX

News Credits:
    So I bought all the classics but sold them like a idiot a year ago. Now I have purchased all the heneki line and even preordred the two exlusive jets and all the wave 2 figures. I Even bought the crystal covoy from the tokyo toy show. But I am jazzed about these and can't wait to have them all. Question being is anyone here going to do these?

2. wipedout

wipedout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm getting all of them except for Megatron, Bumblebee, Octane/Tankor, Onslaught and Skyfire.

3. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    How do you mean? I've got reviews for a couple of them up already in the videos section.

4. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

As usual, I'm picking and choosing the ones I like best from both lines.

If I don't like the Classics version (or I like the Henkei deco more) I'm picking up the imports instead. I'm pretty pleased with my choices so far. Henkei Megatron, Prime, Astrotrain and Starscream, with Mirage on my hit list.

And my experiences with the American Classics/Universe figures has been so disagreeable that I am already planning to import Prowl and Sunstreaker in September sight unseen. They couldn't be any worse than the trainwrecks I've bought here in the US...

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I'm not getting any of them. Most of the decos look worse than the Classics versions (especially Prime and Bumblebee, Megatron and Powerglide are really the only ones that look better) and the chrome is just shit. Powerglide is the only Henkei version I'd consider getting, and I'm most likely going to pass on that mold as pretty much nothing about it appeals to me.

6. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Getting them all. Existing and upcoming. Including exclusives. Despite already having all the Classics.

I have a sickness.

7. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yeah, I'm doing 'em all. It's a little pricy, but for this line, it's worth it to me.

8. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Got Megatron and Astrotrain. Thinking about Prime too since it'll be easier than finding a classics version.

9. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I'm getting Thundercracker and that's it, unless Takara also do Dirge and Thrust. Only other one I'd consider is Megatron. None of the others seem enough of an improvement to justify the extra cash.

10. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    I only kept SS, and I've still never figured out why I didn't keep Jetfire. As such I'm filling a lot of gaps with Henkei, although I am comparing Classics/Universe/Henkei to get the version I like most (with a couple of exceptions where I'll get both).

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'm not getting anything I've got in Classics, except the Megatron tempts me. Might spring for him if I ever see one at a good price (or have the money on hand).
    Powerglide I'm going with the Henkei version, to me the character was always a red jet so it's a nostalgia thing, and also in robot mode on the Hasbro one the big white robot with a red head just looks off. Takara's seems to blend so much better.

12. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    The megs is in the top 3 must gets imo:thumb 

and yes i have all of them including rodimus.

13. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    At the moment I'm only planning to get Starscream, Skywarp & Thundercracker, and any other Seekers they put out. Got to keep up the complete collection. ;) 

14. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm getting them because it's actually a lot cheaper for me to import Henkei then it is to go and buy Universe from a shop here.

I can get Henkei deluxes for about $17 each (compared to the $25+ Universe costs in stores) and Ultras for about $35 (compared to the $50+ they will cost in stores).

15. metaphorge

metaphorge Decepticon

News Credits:
    I'm going to be a near-completist with this line. Already have Prime, Megatron, Astrotrain and Starscream, with Bumblebee on his way. Hot Rodimus is likely next.

16. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I passed on Astrotrain, Bumblebee, Megatron, and Optimus Prime originally so I'll be picking those up. I have Thundercracker pre-ordered I'm probably selling my Starscream and Skywarp to pick up the Henkei versions. So far I'm content with the US classics versions of the rest. Though come to think of it I have Powerglide pre-ordered too.

17. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

The only henkai I would see a reason to get would be Thundercracker. For the figures that both lines offer, the differences in paint are not worth the increased. IMO, of course.

18. siekone

siekone TeletranX

News Credits:
    Just got my crystal convoy today, PURE LOVE MISB!!!!

19. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm not doin heneki at all, but I did get henkei astrotrain and grimlock hehehe

20. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got all Classics line before, but is having a friend pick up the Destrons Henkei for me. He is suggesting that I should go for the Cybertrons too, but still debating. Quality he says is tons better in Henkei from the ones that he has right now.