Transformers Henkei Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ultra -Magnus1, May 9, 2008.

1. Ultra -Magnus1

Ultra -Magnus1 Task Force Captian

Just come here to talk about Henkei. I really wanna see if they will make an Ultra Magnus repaint

2. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    I have all the currently released ones because I missed most of classics. Megs is the best so far, with Astrotrain in a VERY close second.

3. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    I broke down and ordered the Astrotrain. : \

4. Feral Magnus

Feral Magnus Well-Known Member

I broke down for the Astrotrain Also, to go with my e hobby g1 astrotrain. I'm still wondering about the exclusive seeker mold that will be released. I hope its a sunstorm just so i can have all classics seekers

5. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

I got four of them already. I got Megatron ( A must have!!) Starscream (I got the first wave of Classic Starscream, and the paint apps are sloppy at best. The Henkei version is waaaay superior. I love the dark grey face.) Optimus Prime (full silver crest, chrome grill to simulate that infamous shot in TF:TM and painted windows, he's just great. He's my third Prime. I got a Classics loose and a MISB Classic Prime) and I have the newly released Astrotrain( which is leagues above Classic Astrotrain.) I preordered Hot Rodimus as well. The paint apps and the little details really tempt you to buy. Im soo tempted on getting Mirage. I cant wait to see if they do a Sunstorm or a Thundercracker or any of the generic seekers.

You know what is a cool generic seeker? Even though it was a animated error, in "Starscream's Brigade", when Megatron mistook the Autobots for the ones who released the renegade Decepticons, they had an all black conehead present (I think he was supose to be Thrust). That always struck me as a cool seeker

6. butz

butz slippery when wet

I really, REALLY want to see Takara-Tomy engineer some new "Henkei-exclusive" molds for this line. There are certain characters (namely those who are only in the Japanese fiction) who I'm reasonably sure Hasbro would never produce for Classics that I would really llike to see get the Classics treatment.
    Of particular interest would be some of the leader characters; like Star Saber, Dai Atlas, Overlord, Black Zarak, etc. It would also be nice to see updates of guys like Galaxy Shuttle, but Takara has a history of focusing on leaders, so....

7. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Henkei Megatron rules all!

I would get Astrotrain but I keep having reminding myself what a bad toy he is despite the G1 colors.

8. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I got Megatron because I missed him when classics was on the shelves.
    He is incredible, the scope and clicky trigger kicks ass.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I need to get some, i have all the hasbro version.

Curse me for buying the hasbro version.

10. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just got Astrotrain in today, and after having classics, this one is FAAAAAR Superior. Love the purple chrome, the head paint is spot on. Just a fantastic toy. I think this toy was engineered really well.

11. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Astrotrain ftmfw. I still have to open up Megarton, Starscream and Grimlock. I'm hoping they repaint Powerglide into the maroon and gray cartoon deco.

12. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That would be nothing BUT win!!

I am really debating on getting the prime and megs. I am amazed at how much a little chrome and a fresh paint/neater paint/more detailed paint makes these figs look. This astrotrain is miles and miles above classics IMO.

13. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    I'm just waiting on my Astrotrain and Bumblebee (using for a custom) to show up. I'm really interested though in who the Henki seeker is as well as everyone else.

14. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Astrotrain is the only one I got.

15. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

I was looking at Ramjet and I dont see any chrome spots. Maybe the the vertical wings? I dunno he's different enough that I might purchase him. I dont think they could really change Prowl and Sunstreaker from the Hasbro version that much anyways.

16. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    Starscream, Astrotrain, and Megatron are all must-buy's on my book. :) 

17. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Let's see I got Megatron and Prime right away. Megatron is just loads better than the Hasbro version (of course, Hasbro is limited by a bunch of legal crap so it's not entirely their fault) and the chrome chest is awesome. Prime I got mainly because I liked his colors better... I really have begun to hate the current trend of Hasbro putting yellow highlights on all their Primes recently. Why in the world did they even start that... all through A/E/C it bugged me, but not really as it was a different universe and thus a different character, but it kind of ticked me off for some oddball reason (I can't even explain it) when it got put on Classics Prime... probably because he's supposed to be G1 updated I guess.

I also have SS (and am currently debating whether to use my Classics one for a custom or sell it) whom I got basically because I liked the fact that the grey was actually painted and not that horrible flat plastic color that Hasbro used. Genrally speaking though... I'm not entirely sure he was worth the upgrade as I really don't like the chrome on him (it seems to random on his guns... don't know why).

Astrotrain is bought as soon as I get some extra money as I really like the anime accurate colors. Seriously, why the white Astrotrain?

The others I'm kind of up in the air about or just not interested in. Ramjet, Mirage and BB don't look good enough for me to purchase a second time. The new chest on Rodimus is seriously making me consider him for a purchase and I'm leaning towards getting Jetfire as well, because sans his helmet and armor he could make for an excellent Classics Skyfire (sorry, Jetfire and Skyfire will always be two seperate characters for me). Grimlock is tempting even though I don't like the use of chrome on him (at least... not on his dino-body... on the talons it looks good though), but I like his paint apps in bot mode a lot better... so, if I were to buy Henkei Grimlock... I'd end up doing a lot of parts swapping.

I'm hoping we see Sunstreaker and Prowl soon (as we've been told those are the next two Henkei Autobots after Jetfire) so I can make a decision to either get the Hasbro version in August or order the Henkei version in September. Though, those two look pretty spot on so I'm not sure what can be done with them (Powerglide, otoh, should get a full anime accurate repaint!).

18. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Wow I was going to type a post about this but you pretty much said EXACTLY my thoughts. Megatron is the best for me but that may change by next week since I get Astrotrain! :) 

19. cuters

cuters Diabolist

starscream rocks i like him the best so far now just have to wait and find out about the other two seekers they are doing.

20. SCOURGE33

SCOURGE33 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm waiting on my Henkei Prime first of the Classic/Henkei line. I fine prime is better in the Japanese version then classics, the paint aps sets it apart from the red shoulders to the all grey painted upper legs and almost no yellow