Transformers Henkei Skywarp & Thundercracker

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by [soundwave], Sep 29, 2008.

1. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Thats what I figured, but was scared I would break the peg.

2. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hello and Happy Holidays to all!

I just opened my Henkei Thundercracker and it was very disappointing! Mine had one missiles and two right arms! There goes the QA department. I think it was the demand for this toy that caused some screw ups with regards to quality. Mine was loose especially on both legs and the null rays does not fit!

To compensate for this I had to cannibalize my classics Starscream. I painted both null rays projectile metallic blue as close as possible to Henkei Thundercrackers blue shade and I think I did a great job. Took both Starscreams arms and installed it on Thundercracker and presto! The null ray fitting was easily fixed using some clear nail polish.

Henkei Thundercracker fixed partially.... I'm still planning to color its arms black just like the original but I don't know coz the blue arms suit him well.

[​IMG]

All of my Henkei Seekers...
    [​IMG]

3. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    ^Looks nice, but I only had one loose launcher on my TC, and that was fixed with some nail polish.

Sounds like some of you guys were so mad that you couldn't even think of such a simple solution.

4. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

When you pay that much for a deluxe figure, you shouldn't have to think of any solution. I was going to buy TC until the all the horrendous QC stories started, and I'm not sorry I passed on it.

5. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    got my tc today, same launcher and wing problems, scared to pop the wing off in case i break the post, but the arms i will fix later when i feel like it, glad i didn't pay too much for him, and he looks great beside ss and sw

6. Vector Magnus

Vector Magnus Keeper Fan

Problems, eh? Popping off parts, eh? Well, mine wont suffer from those, coz im gonna keep it MISB :p  I was happy to be able to buy it, i wont take any unnecessary risks :) 

7. NeoZeRo35

NeoZeRo35 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Finally decided to ship my pile of loot from BBTS meaning I finally got my Skywarp and Thundercracker. I have no real issues with Skywarp. Thundercracker has the loose launchers, but it's not terrible. My only gripe is that there is a huge stress mark on the blue portion of Thundercracker's chest. Is there any way to get rid of that? If worse comes to worse, I just may paint over it. :( 

8. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

That's something common in a lot of seeker molds. I don't really get what it is. I don't have it on my TC, but that stress mark is on BOTH of my 25th Starscreams.

9. cuters

cuters Diabolist

i have two of each my thundercracker&skywarp are fine no qc problems with them very glad i picked them up especially thundercracker

10. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I read somewhere that there's no "zombie" threads in feedback and if there is, I apologise. Finally, opened my Henkei Thundercracker and Skywarp and I'm pleased with the overall QC. Paint job on both seekers were good with no paint smudges etc. I had the loose cannon problem with Thundercracker though. From what I see, the arm wasn't squeezed tightly enough. The nail polish trick work and the cannon fits well.

11. menasor73ct

menasor73ct Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    this is a old thread,so people wont read this probably,but besides the missile launcher thing,thundercracker has the best quality control out of all my seekers,besides target skywarp.henkei ss and sw have floppy wings,and ss has loose legs.classics ramjet has a AUTOBOT RUBSIGN!!LOL.25th starscream has loose legs and floppy wings,acid storm cannot fully form jet mode,and botcon thundercracker has really loose knee joints.so ts kind of ironic for me

12. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry to bump this old thread but I just wanted to give a heads up for people searching for Henkei Thundercracker.

I know their are a lot of issues surrounding this figure but they are easily fixed! While I was searching for mine, I didn't have much confidence in the figure but I just had to own all the Seekers.

Anyhow, Nail polish on the wing joint will fix loose wings. Don't bother trying to remove the actual wing but just take your nail polish and paint the actual joint the wing is attached to. Your going to need layers of polish to fix the fit but it does work eventually.

Your flimsy wings will become strong in no time! The easiest fix had to be the shoulder launchers. Just apply layers in the holes and pop that sucker in after it has dried.

If your on the fence, all the problems can be fixed easy. Yeah, this isn't what you were probably expecting when you pay the amount of money this figure commands now but don't let that deter you. Thundercracker is a Great figure that you can personally fix up in under 30 minutes.

13. menasor73ct

menasor73ct Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    i love henkei thundercracker,and aside from the missile launchers in arm thing,he has the best quality of all my classics seekers besides ghost starscream,classics starscream,classics ramjet,and classics skywarp.his quality as far as joints go is better than henkei skywarp,henkei starscream,botcon thundercracker,universe starscream,and universe acid storm.