Transformers Help!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by IronGrimlock, Feb 28, 2012.

1. IronGrimlock

IronGrimlock New Member

I'm new here, but not on Toyark so any help would be nice :) 
    Ok sorry if its been explained before, but me and my brother want to start on transformers, but I am very confused on to where to start, seeing as there are multiple different lines I.e generations, RID and all that.

So my question is where would I start, assuming I only want can I say ? Comic based? Or cartoon based? Sorry I'm very new at Transformers. But I have NO interest in movie line like DotM or RotF, I'm interested in like the war for cybertron type or the classic one.
    Any ideas? And if so are they still available? Or do I gotta trade in my arm. Also I'm a big fan of the dinobots, so was wondering if they have rereleased them? Or is it the old ones I must get, also as far as articulation goes? Is it full motion with the arms and legs for the old one? Or just basic move arm up and down type?
    Sorry again for being such a "noob" lol but yea any kind of insight would help me a lot, instead of me just standnin in the toy line dumbfounded, or searching online with no results.
    Plz and thank you. ;) 

I know their maybe a lot so I figure I would lesson the list, I'm only interested in the classic looks of transformers not the new movie looks, if they are gonna repaint and all that stuff to the very old old version then I think I should hold out till they redo them, like the dino bots? Are they gonna redo them?. Also a list of the war for cybertron toys would be helpful, if they are still at mass retail. I know its a lot to ask but any kind of insight is welcomed

2. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

If I were you, I would start collecting Transformers and watching the tv show, since most non-fans think that's where all the fiction is. As for the Dinobots, I would recommend getting a Masterpiece Grimlock and the Animated Dinobots. Those are the Dinobots that I have. The only War for Cybertron toys in existence right now are Optimus, Megatron, Bumblebee and Starscream.

3. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

The best thing for you would be to go to your local toy aisle and see if you like anything from the current lines (movie and Prime/RID). If not then you can skip those and just go with classics and G1 for starters.