Transformers Headmasters

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by adamme, Jul 3, 2007.

1. adamme

adamme Well-Known Member

I've finally watched the japanese series Headmasters, can anyone explain why Rodimus Prime just gave up on his responsibility to protect Earth and the universe from the Decepticons, why there was basically only 4 main autobots, the headmasters, plus Fort Maximus and Wheelie and Daniel. Also why if the plan was to destroy the autobots at the north pole did the Decepticons head into space. Plus what happened after that, the series following had all new transformers none of the previous series, so what happened to them all? Answer please if you can?

2. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

i like trainbots transform / unite into giant robo in japanese headmaster cartoon series

3. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Rodimus didn't give up anything. He simply delegated responsibility. He left Fortress and the Headmasters in charge of protecting Earth knowing they could do the job quite capably without him. Cybertron had just blow up after all. Rodimus himself left with a few others to look for a new homeworld. As to why blow up Cybertron and get rid of Rodimus at all, same reason they killed Optimus Prime, to get rid of old toys and focus on new toys, though it does seem odd to get rid of Rodimus so quickly especially after they killed Optimus again. I mean they brought Galvatron back later in Headmasters so why not keep Rodimus around as well. I don't have an answer for that one and it really makes no sense. But it's the same problem that happened in season 3 of G1 where many season 1 & 2 characters were never heard from again although we didn't see them die in the movie. At least Rodimus gets to lead again for about 10 episodes before he leaves, I like it better than what happened in Return of Optimus Prime where he just goes back to being Hot Rod no questions asked. After Cybertron blows up, Headmasters gets rather boring (expect for the occasional ep) but those first 10 eps of Headmasters I am quite fond of.

4. kirsk1976

kirsk1976 Well-Known Member

This is prolly the wrong place but similar topic so I figured why not. I haven't seen any of the headmasters or other series post TF G1, but i would like to. Is there any box set that is worth buying? I've seen some on ebay every now and then but I'm never sure if my dvd player will play it and if its english dubbed. Thx for your thoughts.

5. JKahn913

JKahn913 Bunch of Mooncalves

I didn't expect the Chinese (bootleg) sets that occasionally show up on EBay to work in my DVD players, but to my surprise they do.

I bought the Headmasters set at a local Gamestop and was given all three Japanese season sets by mistake. I'm very happy with them.

6. bushboy

bushboy Hardcore Decepticon

Beast Wars

7. kidwithnoname

kidwithnoname Active Member

Yeah, there was a DVD set released by Metrodome in the UK. They also released DVD sets of Masterforce and Victory. To the best of my knowledge, they're Region 0, so they play in pretty much any dvd players.

Don't know if they're readily available on ebay, but if you check amazon.co.uk they're there for a fairly decent price. Only thing you'll need to worry about is the time delay getting them shipped to the states, and any shipping charges you incur.

The Headmasters DVD set has both English subtitles and the crappy Malaysian English dub, so you've got a choice as to how to watch it. The other two sets are subtitles only. Personally, I watched the Headmasters DVD set with both the English dub and English subtitles on at the same time. Because the subtitles are translated directly from the Japanese dialogue, it meant I was able to understand the story fully, while also getting to hear the English voices.

kidwithnoname :) 

8. Tracks_25

Tracks_25 We rollin'

Its fun to watch it but there are so many issues I have with the Headmasters series its not even funny. Fortress Maximus and Six Shot are cool additions though.

9. adamme

adamme Well-Known Member

is the following series masterforce and victory worth getting

10. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Masterforce is VERY different, with a heavy human presence that involves fleshies themselves bonding with Transtectors and becoming Transformers - but it is an *excellent* series and easily the best of the three Japanese G1 shows.

Victory is... well, mamma always said that if you can't say anythin' nice, don't say anythin' t'all. The final episodes of the series are very good, but the majority of the series is stunningly boring. And yet, it is endlessly hyped online as the best thing since ever. It is not.

11. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

MASTERFORCE is the business! Just prepare yourself for something very different if you're watching for the first time. No bad thing in my book, but some people may be resistent to it.

12. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Wasn't the planet that Rodimus found called Planet Micro of the Micromaster homeworld?

13. adamme

adamme Well-Known Member

is Masterforce subtitled in english or got english dubbing?

14. optimusprime72

optimusprime72 Autobot Leader

Its japanese. That explains everything. I love the Japanese, the music, the culture, the history, all of it. But their idea of storytelling and ours don't link up very well. Don't let it get to you. As far as I'm concerned, the series ended with The Rebirth part 3. After that, its up to us fans to continue it. That's what I do with my stories. The beginning of that HM show with the tree blowing up and the 3 Gundam like robots flying overhead did it for me. I couldn't watch anymore of it. Its like a disgrace to the old show.

15. Leo Primal-2

Leo Primal-2 Well-Known Member

I never understood why in headmasters Springer is downgraded to a background character.

I don't think he even has any dialogue

16. tobecat

tobecat Transformers KISS Toby TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Victory....4 eps into it and you want to rip out your own eyes!

17. TILALLR1

TILALLR1 'Til All Are One

The Headmaster Series was awesome. All it needs is a good redub and the right english voice talent, which I believe some fans are working on here:

http://www.tfcog.com/

So far they have done a great job. I would love it to replace Rebirth as I always felt it was way to rushed.

18. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Masterforce is DEFINITELY the best G1 series (IMO). I first saw it in raw Japanese, and even without understanding a word, it had the most characterization.

Victory is overrated. It has some great characters, but Star Saber's transformation sequence makes the Energon & Cybertron transformations seem quick.

Headmasters started out great because you have lots of familiar characters from the first 3 seasons, but starts to get long and drawn out. Not bad, but it could have been better.

Chris

19. buckmana

buckmana Well-Known Member

Did we still have Rodimus in the series?

I thought, since he gave the Matrix back to Optimus, he would go back to being Hot Rod again.

Overall, the Headmasters story was a bit rushed. Stories made to end things rapidly usually are.

And I always thought it was weird that Arcee did it too. She's not one of them anyway.

Someday, I'd like to see the episodes that went inbetween the Hate Virus episode and the Headmasters shows.

I've never seen it, but someone here (can't remember who) told me Japan made some episodes that fit in that gap. I think they featured the Pretenders and some of the newer ones who appeared around that time.