Transformers Hasbro panel slides???

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MegaHavok, Aug 3, 2011.

1. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've noticed in reviewing convention coverage for other toy lines that Hasbro has been known to send out the actual presentations that they show to fans

For Example:
    Marvel News Reviews Images and more - MarvelousNews.com

Rebelscum.com: San Diego Comic-Con 2011

What do we have to do to get the Transformers team to do the same thing?

Now a noticeable difference is that the tf team puts alot more W.i.p. stuff in there presentations and they may not want those out there

Would it be worth giving that up for better images?

Debate?

2. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Wow... thanks a lot Hasbro. Loving them and not us.

3. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    eh guess nobody cares

4. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I totally care! I want some better images, all in one convenient location!

5. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Hasbro presentations are odd - it still says "Cybertech" on them instead of Mechtech for items that are not even out yet.

I was just thinking about that TRU Bumblebee set with the Cyberverse playset accesssory - it's nice and all - but I really feel i'd rather it was an accessory for another character so a Bumblebee 2011 Cliffjumper Legion repaint would be nice for that and would go nice with the silverish battle bunker.

It would have been super if they'd done another set with a repaint of Megatron ideally with a silverish G1 tone as then the silver playset trailer would have also looked good with the Target Motormaster colour toy.

This year alone in just the last few weeks i've had :

Cyberverse playset Bumblebee, (new mould) 2011 Bumblebee, (remould 2009)silver & gold Bumblebee, (remould 2009) Target Bumblebee, (remould 2009) Wave 2 Legion Bumblebee, and there's other I didn't get yet ; Transparent EZ 2009 Bumblebee (not sure if it's the recent 3mm compatible remould or the old one just reissued) and there's also the TRU boxed set Bumblebee and the Wave 3 Stealth Legion Bumblebee.

Not to mention ones that came out before Dark of the Moon like the shiny one sold with the Battle Ops Bumblebee repaint. The 2009/2010 Stealth Bumblebee all the EZ Bumblebee, Cyberfire Bumblebee and so on...

I think it's not impossible that at some point the number of legends/Legion Bumblebee's will outnumber the rest of the Decepticon/Legion legends all on their own.

I don't think I'd complain quite so much if they just showed a bit more creativity with them such as making some of them Battle mask BB or even doing a new mould 1970's Bumblebee. or they could have tried to match other boxed sets colours like the greyish one with green windows or a rally deco or a sandy deco.

When I look at the half a dozen 2009/2011 remould BB's that are practically the same bar the stripes and door deco I can only think - how lazy of them.

I wish someone had the chrome steel barings to ask them about the "to many Bumblebees" issue - would it really hurt them to much to repaint Tank Megatron, The Fallen, Sideswipe, The Wreckers, Flak, and so on ?

Heck even a sandy deco Mudflap and skids would show more sense as at least that would represent something actually in the Movies.

Takara had the wit to do some of the things that people might consider obvious like "Stalker Scorponok" or Payload.. But I'd even want to ask them why not make more off screen Movie legions - characters like Bludgeon or Lockdown, or Brawn, Gears, Breakaway, Stockade, Longarm, Vortex, Spacecase and so on...

I realize it's probably to late now and they will only bother with TF Prime Legions from now on. but what a shame that they didn't look at all those Deluxes & Scouts/Replica Robots from 2007-2011 and think - hey that would work as a legion.

It makes me wonder if we need a "Pester list" of things we need to keep hassling them about like a Deluxe Scrapper toy.

They say that retailers don't want to take things like the RTS scouts - well fine did they think to offer them in twin packs or boxed sets - along with the other missing scouts ?

With so many retailer gift sets - does every giftset need to include Bumblebee (no
    that's not a trick question).

Oh and I agree it would be nice if they'd give us the slides as JPGs. I just e-mailed Customer services and asked them to supply them.