Transformers Hall of Fame Vote Round (FAVORITE TRANSFORMERS MOVIE CHARACTER)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Jul 14, 2017.

?

Favorite Transformers Movie Character

1. Optimus Prime

16.8%
  2. Bumblebee

7.2%
  3. Barricade

27.0%
  4. Blackout

13.9%
  5. Hound

20.0%
  6. Lockdown

15.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    With no Nitro Zeus I guess I'll go Hound

2. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Blackout isn't really a character, more of a device. But WHAT a device! For being the original movie-former and still blowing me away, he gets my vote.

(Plus, it would be nice for him to get a little love and y'know, *have* a character, for once.)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Nitro Zeus

Nitro Zeus Member

How did I forget that Reed Man used it? Well, to answer my own question, it's because I haven't seen RotF since 2012, but I always joke about him, so I'm a bit embarrassed. Totally forgot about Ironhide's though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Have to laugh at Hasbro shamelessly plugging their latest movie, and breaking all the rules to do it:
    "As you know, no characters who have already been inducted within the ‘Favorite Character’ category will be considered for nomination."... except if we decide to create a new category and declare that they will be. Prime and Bee are already inductees, but Hasbro has decided that "Movie Prime" and "Movie Bumblebee" get to a take another swing? And the shallow justification that Megatron wins in both G1 and BW happily glosses over the fact that they were deliberately entirely different characters within the same continuity, just like Prime and Primal were. I get people like these new movies (I don't understand why they do but hey they do, that's fine) but a hall of famer needs to make it on their own merit, not as a result of some special protected category. Don't see a "Favourite Transformer Prime Character" or "Favourite Transformers IDW Character". Hell we don't even get an exclusive G1 category and that's the line that started it all. But due to Hasbro marketing needs, the Bayverse movies get their own category? Just... pathetic really. If the movie characters are worthy of hall of fame, let them do it on their own merits. Otherwise the title is meaningless.

• Like Like x 1
  5. AMG

AMG Old School

Optimus Prime. He collects faces with style.

6. Shockwave69501

Shockwave69501 Member

Hound from me. Goodmans voice combined with his character. Plus he's my favourite out of the pathetic dirty foursome.

• Like Like x 1
  7. general saberwi

general saberwi legoformer

8. Steelfire

Steelfire Well-Known Member

Yup, 2.

Plus 1. (Plus a cameo in another).

He was in pi movies :p 

9. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Really, Barricade's winning so far? I liked him but he barely did anything in any of the movies...

Come on John Goodmantron, you've gotta win this!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

He got only name slap in common with these two.

And I'll even go as far as claiming that the IDW-verse and Earth Wars Barricade are based on the movie one instead of the G1 racing car micromaster.

The Bayverse one is fairly original and probably the only Bayverse character concept who made it to the modernised G1. His alt mode in combination with his motto are wonderfuly ironic and by now he's sort of an evil Bee counterpart thanks to his plot armor.

Granted, the Bayverse Cons aren't exactly known for having rich characterisation or doing a lot of things outside of dying. Blackout and Barricade are memorable because of their reveals in the first movie with Barricade having the upper hand mostly because of NOT dying.

I think this should be Barricade's theme song for the next movie he shows in:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I wasn't saying anything to the contrary, but he claimed Barricade wasn't a name used anywhere else before, but it was. Twice. I never mentioned the Aligned or IDW cameo versions. That's all.

12. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

He also claimed in the same sentence that he's not based on any earlier character and that's true because he's not.

And I even doubt if his name is a true name slap because usually the movieverse name slaps have more in common with originals, like their Hot Rod is still a supercar and their Devastator is still composed of construction vehicles.

Barricade has in common pretty much only that he's a four-wheeled vehicle too and it looks like his name is a genuine coincidence because a police barricade is also a thing and it plays to his name too.

13. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    How is Barricade even winning, to call him a character is a stretch to begin with.

• Like Like x 3
  14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    And? That doesn't change the context or meaning of the part I quoted. He even admitted himself he did t know the G1 version existed and just forgot the Energon version. (Because who hasn't?)

I don't get what you're trying to accomplish here. I'm not saying Barricade isn't entirely original as a character concept, nor am I saying he's not a name slap. All I did was point out the name has been used before, that was the beginning and end of my statement, and you keep trying to like refute it or something, but not really since you can't. So I don't know what you're trying to say.

Also, the name isn't a coincidence, since Barricade and everyone from TF07 got their names from an approved list of Hasbro trademarks. He's only named Barricade because the name Barricade was already a TF name they held.

15. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Doubting between OP, Blackout and Lockdown.
    Went with the latter.

16. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

It's more like I could ask what you're trying to accomplish here. The point is that Barricade is a fairly original character save for the name accidentally shared with something else because it was picked from a list of available trademarks and that's as far as it goes in terms of him being related to anything older in this franchise.

Your post came rather as if you were implying that he's based on previous characters. Well, no, he's not. Posting these two came rather nitpicky in the context.

17. I Am James

I Am James Emirate Xaaron

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    No Jolt or Sideswipe? Lame.

18. JAZZBLASTER

JAZZBLASTER MAXIMAL WRECKER / LOOSE CANNONS / SIEGE COMMANDER

HOUND!

"Boom time! I'm a wicked warrior robot! I'm a fat ballerina who takes scalps and slits throats! Come and get some! You're all gonna die! Come here, you little punk! I love violence! Come get some ya little bitch!"

• Like Like x 2
  19. RacerCheetor

RacerCheetor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where Ironhide?:sly: 

20. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Anyway you see it, it seems we might end up with three Decepticon characters this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.