Transformers Hall of Fame Vote Round (2017 TRANSFORMERS HASBRO TOY OF THE YEAR)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Jul 14, 2017.

?

2017 Hasbro Transformers Toy of the Year

1. Triggerhappy

25.8%
  2. Trypticon

15.5%
  3. Topspin

20.0%
  4. Sixshot

14.5%
  5. TLK Voyager Prime

3.4%
  6. TLK Voyager Megatron

9.1%
  7. MPM3 Bumblebee

11.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    If he is still legible Triggerhappy, it would be awesome for a 87 Decepticon Targetmaster to win something.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Maybe to few people have him yet, as is the case with me.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    I won't vote since I don't own them yet, but if Triggerhappy or Topspin win I'll be happy. Those look like amazing Deluxe class figures, the kind we need more of in the future and Hasbro needs to be reminded of that at every possible occasion.

4. JAZZBLASTER

JAZZBLASTER MAXIMAL WRECKER / LOOSE CANNONS / SIEGE COMMANDER

TOPSPIN FOR THE WIN!

5. RacerCheetor

RacerCheetor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where MP-34 Cheetor?:eek: 

6. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    2017 Hasbro Transformers Toy of the Year

;) 

MP is Takara unless they are officially released by Hasbro (Hasbro Asia distribution of Takara Tomy stock doesn't count) or in the case of the MPM's, a joint-collaboration between Hasbro and Takara.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I own Triggerhappy, Trypticon and Topsin.

My votes goes for Triggerhappy, he's satisfying to transform (like a flipknife) and oozes personallity. He's just a great toy. Plus the face he doesn't even need the guns he comes with means that I actually ended up buying 3 of the mould.

Topspin is OK, he uses elements of the Triggerhappy transformation with the spin of the chest, but I really dislike the difficulty in fitting the thighs into the lower legs for jet mode which could be rectified if the legs opened outwards as well as flipping inwards. This problem does not exist on Triggerhappy so he' sjoint with Trypticon.

Trypticon is great but his problem with the springs, he's not getting top spot, movie con logo usage is also a minus point. Even the greatness of Full Tilt doesn't bring him up to Triggerhappy's level of greatness.

I don't own Megatron but from what I'm hearing he's awesome too.

• Like Like x 1
  8. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Vote for bumblebee have we had countless figures of him as many times I been invited to weddings i picked him for transformation crooked hood can be fix with screw tightening keeps hood from popping up in car mode

9. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I voted Tryp, but I am overjoyed at all the Triggerhappy votes. I love that we now live in a world where TRIGGERHAPPY is freaking dominating a Toy of the Year vote. And it is an absolutely astounding figure, so it's deserved.

• Like Like x 3
  10. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

Of these, I only have Voyager Optimus Prime, so...

11. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Topspin of course...

12. Magneon Sentinel

Magneon Sentinel Cybertron's last defense

I have both triggerhappy and topspin, and while both great figures, personally i have significantly enjoyed my time with TLK megs, prime, and Sixshot. This might change when i get trypticon and overlord. If I had to choose one as of current, then probably sixshot.

13. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

That's the problem with this poll. It isn't enough that we don't own all the toys to properly decide... WE CAN'T OWN ALL THE TOYS, because we can't actually find them all consistently. Trypticon JUST came out. The majority of retailers do not have him yet. The only people who can really judge it are the early adopters, and they're hardly representative of the fandom in general. :sly: 

No matter how you slice it, this poll will be skewed - some people vote movie, because they love the movies; other people vote early sample (i.e. Tyrpticon); and the rest vote older toys they've been able to actually find (i.e. Triggerhappy).

Between Triggerhappy and Topspin... it's easily Triggerhappy. Topspin looks too chunky, imo, and his transformation is kind of meh. Triggerhappy just feels more intuitive and fluid, plus the awesome firepower and excellent face sculpt. But the two are pretty close, being a similar mold, so either one is a good choice, imo.

These Hall of Fame votes seem so arbitrary and meaningless. I might care more if Hasbro promised something out of it, rather than honorary titles for the sake of celebrating something empty. :rolleyes2  Well, for example, maybe they can't do a NEW mold, but what if Hasbro took these results and made some special paint job releases? Maybe a golden version of each winner? Maybe a silver or bronze for the runner ups? It might be pretty cool to have a shelf of Hall of Fame bots in special colors. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  14. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

Of these all I have are Triggerhappy and MPM Bee. It's great to see Voyager Megs on this list as I'm looking forward to getting one but my vote goes with the Masterpiece.

15. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're not wrong. Though, to be fair, all awards are arbitrary and meaningless other than any meaning ascribed to them by audiences, recipients, or consensus opinion, which is flawed in precisely the same ways you mention here.

Take the academy awards for example. The subjective opinions of the members (who only total around 6,000 - far too few to reflect the true cultural, zeitgeist, or general public impact of a work) and whatever criteria they settle upon dictate who wins. Often regardless of popularity. Just subjective metrics of "importance." There will never, ever be any objective means of granting acclaim to any consumer product or work of entertainment. The most we can ever look at are sales, and aggregate scores and things of that sort. Which aren't necessarily reflective of "quality," whatever that even means.

I do agree it would sure be nice if something substantive in terms of actual products came out of these polls though lol. (Like the Power of the Primes poll, which at least OSTENSIBLY - though I have my doubts, and suspect they had designs ready to go regardless if not even prototypes - determined certain toys that will be released.)

• Like Like x 1
  16. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    I don't see how a freaking deluxe with crappy joints and shitty plastic is "toy of the year" over Trypticon, or MPM Bumblebee, or what about MPM Optimus Prime? This is the worst choices bc the 2 choices that make any sense it seems like ppl are voting for toys not worthy of "best toy of the year" it's asinine

17. I honestly hate Overlord

I honestly hate Overlord I'm gay for Sunstreaker.

YouTube (Legacy):
    trypticon has terrible leg joints, Topspin and Triggerhappy are actually great figures. Bumblebee and Prime aren't even out yet. also add the fact not many people have gotten Trypticon in hand yet!

• Like Like x 1
  18. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Bumblebee is out. Prime is sorta out I won't have mine for 2 weeks but I do see your point and it makes sense so I can kinda agree. Good to know that those deluxes are claimed to be good wave 1 was a bust I immediately started importing TakaraTomy Legends Series through Japan after the fact. They weren't much better otger then somewhat and of course looks. Bummer about Tryps legs being like the other 2 Titan Class. I was gonna watch a review on Trypticon today why can hasbro give EVERY figure back in the day above voyager hard ratchets but when it comes to a TITAN CLASS figure they skimp out. It's rediculous I been collecting as long as a Transformers fan can & its only in the last 5 years it's gotten like this

• Like Like x 1
  19. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Triggerhappy and Topspin molds are surprisingly free of QC issues, given how spotty QC with TR figures turned to be. The most serious issue and that's not even present on all Triggerhappy figures is dual cannon barrels not locking absolutely straight in vehicle mode... Which can be fixed on the spot by filling off small amount of plastic without any disassembly made to the figure - and it's nothing crippling the figure or making it falling apart even if left unattended.

The rest of TF deluxes I got... Well, they're ok and they've got a great G1 character likeness. But I would not vote them a Toy of the Year and I'm rather happy that in the end I've got Hasbro's Blurr and Scourge because I'm not sure if those molds would be worth importing for better paintjobs only.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.