Transformers Hack n' Slash?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Kaymac, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Would you enjoy a Transformers Hack n' Slash the likes of Devil May Cry or God of War starring the likes of Drift or Bludgeon? Perhaps a game based in the time of the Original Thirteen, with Legendary Swords made the likes of Solus Prime herself?

2. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    That would be badass. But since Transformers is for the most part directed towards children, I doubt a game with violence of that magnitude would fly very well in the sales.

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

Isn't that essentially what you're going to do as Grimlock in FoC? I mean, in the trailer he's freaking HUGE and has a giant-ass sword, I'd imagine he's just be slaming the crap out of Decepticons like something from Shadow of the Collossus.

4. Kaymac

His combat scheme has to fit into the engine of what is, for the most part, a third person shooter. I'm guessing his camera angle won't be something like a hack n' slash, but like all the other characters. Grimlock is a big hulking brute. Imagine playing as someone more agile, like Drift.

Also, I was thinking about how the game could handle bosses, and maybe some could be citybots and you fight them like Shadow of the Colossus? Grimlock in FOC, from what we've heard, sounds nothing like Shadow of the Colossus. You are stomping on puny bug robots, not climbing G1 Scorponok to get as his head and stab him in the processor.

5. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I would be so down with this idea that it isn't even funny.

In fact, I'd be fine with it being a sidescrolling beatemup ala Final fight (Streets of Rage can kiss my ass).

6. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I'd love a God of War style TF game!

7. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I think it'd be fine due to the 'it doesn't affect ratings as like as they aren't people' thing. The videogames don't really have kids as the target audience anyways.

8. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    i would LOVE IT

i was actually REALLY hoping that WFC was gonna have a melee option after we very first saw the trailer wayyy back. Watching Prime run across the battlefield and chop cons in half was AWESOME

i was so let down to see melee reverted to a call of duty style stick-click :( 

i say bring it on!!! i would so play that!

9. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

I'm surprised there was never an 80s/90s Transformers scrolling beat 'em up in the arcades now that you mention it..I'd love to play something like that!

10. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd buy that for a dollar.

11. Splintershot

Splintershot Predacon?? ... Awesome

I would buy that, actually! It would a cool concept to see transformers go by. ESPECIALLY if Drift starred in the game!! :D  Bludgeon or Lockdown could be like his main antagonist in the game.

12. Kaymac

I was thinking there could be multiple protagonists, or even entirely new characters, since the story might take place before a lot of the iconic characters even exist.

If it was set in modern times, I'd have a rivalry of some kind, with Lockdown and Drift. Lockdown and Drift are the protagonists for their respective campaigns. Players might warm up to them more if they are featured as NPCs in a more standard TF game first though.

13. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    They made one. Transformers Tatakai, in Japan. It was mediocre at best.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  14. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

Yes I want this to happen.

15. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    Yes. I also want different moves with a sword, not just the same one over and over again.

Like say your Bludgeon, and you knock someone to the ground. Press down and B, and you do the badass stab down.

16. Kaymac

The whole point of a hack n' slash is a lot of beautiful, fancy, powerful, and varied combos. If they were to make a hack n' slash of Transformers, it would have MANY attacks.

17. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    I would love that for a feature that has been missing all this time: MELEE. seriously. I am going to be relishing Grimlock's level when you can only whack people. There has been way too much gunfire, and only a joystick tap for melee. I remember they interviewed Matt Tieger for DOTM's game about melee, and he was like, "Well... We have. Just jab your joystick for a melee hit." How cool would it be if you could have combos and what not, for Prime's signature axe, or Megatron's spiked club? Starscream's swords? Ironhide's fists?

18. Kaymac

If they put a system like that in the games it would certainly be cool. An ability to swap over to pure melee combat from standard shooting.