Transformers HA

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Aspen, May 27, 2010.

1. Aspen

Aspen Banned

Anyone know what Hasbro is doing with these? I've heard about a Prime, Jolt, Ironhide, Jazz, etc. I've actually seen a few pictures of the Jazz. Yet I am hard pressed to find reliable sources beyond that of simply rumors for what is actually slated for release.

2. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Jazz is the only one confirmed. Everything else is guess work.

3. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Jazz is definitely confirmed to be the next HA figure to be released.

I remember hearing something about Hasbro planning on doing a HA Ironhide figure but for some reason it just wouldn't work out, but I can't remember exactly from where I heard of it.

And I know a number of us fans have expressed wanting a HA Jolt -- and a HA Sideways for that matter -- but I've never heard of any rumors of plans for HA Optimus Prime.

4. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    i think an HA Prime would be siiiiiiick for the "big toy" for TF3...

I hope Mudflap gets a yellow box re-release...

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    As far as we know it was never actually planned. The only thing that ever mentioned it was an article released just after the 2009 Toy Fair (I believe it was even in the TF magazine). It was just the writer trying to sound like they had information nobody else had.

Last I knew the only actual rumored HA figure we haven't seen yet is a supposed blue repaint of Sideswipe. Hasbro made a comment that, without saying it directly, sounded like it was something they were planning, but that was a good while ago (early to mid last year), so either they've changed plans, or will be releasing it later than suspected.

6. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Jazz is the most recent one confirmed... although IIRC, the Lennox figure it comes with was rumored to have been allocated for an Ironhide at one point.... there was an early proto of a Voyager Ratchet, modified (slightly) for HA purposes shown somewhere late last year, or early on this year... this would suggest at some point they were considering a different scale.

I don't think the HA line is dead, they'll probably come back to it one way or another, but im not sure if it's been enough of a success to justify moving into larger scale characters.

Still, i look forward to someone suggesting they should skip straight to an inscale Blackout and then try to justify it for reasons other than 'i waaant it'.

7. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    The ratchet that we saw was confirmed as a proof of concept - it was never considered at all for production.

8. Aspen

Aspen Banned

Well the HA bots are some of the best looking Movie bots by FAR. A HA Prime would be an excellent one to make, even if but as an exclusive. It'd be way better then the leader class ROTF Prime with it's pathetic attention to detail. I'd easily pay over 100.00 for an HA Prime. And some Decepticons besides Barricade.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I would expect the shear size would stop them. Ironhide is a positively MASSIVE truck.

Are... you being sarcastic?

If not, what is this I don't even...

10. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    ...and the fact that Hasbro keep shipping HA BB doesn't help either.
    They've even gone to the trouble of creating HFTD packaging for it, and shipping it with Jazz. IMO the slot would've been better used for Mudflap.

I'm sure you wouldn't be the only one. I'm not so sure there'd be enough demand to justify production of such a toy. The way Devastator turned out indicates they may have some sort of issue with producing LARGE Transformers... a HA Prime may require a lot more thought, engineering, than was invested in Devastator.

11. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Considering the general shelfwarminess of the HA line, and the retail absence of HA Mudflap, I was starting to wonder if Jazz was going to see the light of day. Hopefully both will appear in the HFTD line in decent quantities.

12. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Prime and Jolt are fake, Ironhide was cancelled When they were making ha bee, Jazz is the only one comnig right now

13. Aspen

Aspen Banned

Thus I'd go the Exclusive route. Maybe a Target HA Prime, a Walmart Ironhide, etc. Or limit them to Cons. Either way just so long as they make it. If they didn't sink so much money into the production of crap bots maybe it wouldn't be such a big deal? Who knows. As well Barricade in the HA would have been better served with a Cop figure, as opposed to Frenzy.

14. Prime_Directive

Prime_Directive less than meets the eye

News Credits:
    HA Optimus would be an insta-buy for me, and I'm trying to cut down on my collecting.

15. SeekerofTruth20

SeekerofTruth20 Prime of Primes

Frankly im still waiting for HA Mudflap to somehow appear...Jazz is going to be excellent but the Bumblebee in a different packaging? whats the point? Give that to Mudflap

16. garibaldiprime

garibaldiprime Banned

I hope Hasblo continues to make HA toys as i think they are some of the best toys on the market. Bumblebee was near masterpiece-quality, Skids and Mudflap were awesome too, and HA barricade looks awesome and Jazz will no doubt be amazing too.
    I really want a HA Ironhide, anything to replace the poor voyager mold. I dont think a HA Prime would work due to scale issues, but any new movie-based Prime is welcomed in my home.

17. Aspen

Aspen Banned

That's just it though. SCALE. Finally there are human figures that FIT IN the Transformers... and we can't get a Prime? Or an Ironhide? A Ratchet? Seriously. And if they did another Bumblebee, the old Camaro... he should come with Uncle Bobby B.

Anyway, out of fantasy land. Seriously... I'd be happy if they just made a handful of more human characters. I think that would be pretty nice.

18. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Because the truck guys are HUGE in comparison to humans. Look at the NEST hanger scene. Epps barely reaches Prime's ankle.

19. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    This.

20. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

I really wish they would make a HA Sideways with Alice, but I doubt it'll happen...