Transformers: Ghosts of Kaon

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Mr. Chaos, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Force Ghost

News Credits:
    Chapter 1​

My name is Optimus Prime, and today I find myself feeling something I have not felt in countless millennia.

The war that consumed so much of my life is over. With the deaths of Megatron and Sentinel Prime, the Decepticons had truly been broken. Those few who remained after the final battle have been scattered across the stars, leaderless and void of direction. In one fell strike the Autobots have won the war at long last.

But victory has come at a price…perhaps too steep.

We have all lost so much.

Cybertron is no more, destroyed by the collapse of the space bridge. Lost is not just our planet, but our history. The great library. The Hall of Heroes. The great works by those that came before…gone forever.

Our race is nearly extinct, wiped out by countless battles. There are some that estimate only .04% of our population survived to see the end. Where once we numbed in millions, there now are only a few thousand. And even then, the final exodus from Cybertron has left us spread thin across the known galaxy…I wonder how many truly know that peace has been achieved.

I find myself questioing if it was worth the battles, the loss of friends and family. The war cost me my brother and my mentor…two blows alone that should cripple me.

If this war was to save Cybertron and our race…and both are now gone…can it truly be called a victory? Have we lost more in our success?

But even now, as my thoughts dwell upon such dark things, I look out upon our new home and realize that it was worth it.

Earth.

Its people have become my own.

I remember when we first landed here, hoping to keep our presence a secret. Even after all these years, I find I am still naive. How could we ever hope to remain hidden? We have revealed ourselves to the humans and worked with them to form a new pact of friendship and brotherhood. The journey has been wrought with setbacks caused by both sides, but after the final battle a shared passion to fix the mistakes of old brought about a new understanding.

It has been five years since the fall of Cybertron, and those years have seen the Autobots and humanity join together. We are now both the guardians of Earth, working together to protect this planet and help it achieve its potential. And as I watch each new Autobot arrive, I know that all of this was worth it.

My name is Optimus Prime, and I feel something I thought I never would.

Hope.

~MC~MC~MC~

(New York City)

“-told the Pope sorry, but he could not have his hat back. In Sports, the Yankees lost to the Tigers 4 to 3.”

Sam Witwicky’s radio alarm clock was always set for 8:00 am, tuned into the local soft rock station. It would click on like clockwork each morning, spewing out news and music in an attempt to wake Sam up.

It was in vain, though, as Sam always woke up a half hour early.

Already showered, Sam padded into the bedroom and shut the radio off, resetting it for the next morning, all the while smiling to himself. Here he was, the kid that always slept through his alarm and had to be shaken awake by his mother in order not to be late for school, waking up earlier than needed.
    Of course, back then he hadn’t had anything worth wild to wake up to. He hadn’t been a geek or a jock or the class clown…he’d just been Sam, the kid that never really fit into any clique.

Looking himself over in the mirror, Sam couldn’t help but let his grin grow just a touch bigger. Of course he hadn’t fit in with any of those groups: none of them had contained robotic aliens from a distant planet.

“You’re in a good mood today!” Carly said as Sam entered the kitchen, not looking up from her computer. Her hand searched out for her toast, Sam pushing it closer to her greedy fingers before walking over to the fridge and grabbing the milk for his cereal. “You know, you really need to eat healthier. That stuff has more sugar than cotton candy.”

“That’s what makes it so good!” Sam retorted, pouring himself a heaping helping of ‘Sugar Blasted Sugar Snacks’. “Come on, you know I’m not my lovable self if I don’t get my 4 daily cups of sugar.”

“No more than that,” Carly teased, “or you’ll end up more cranked up than Brains.”

“Whoa, someone say my name?” The brain-unit drone emerged from the bathroom, Sam deciding to not ask what he was doing in there.

“Yeah, I think Carly was insultin’ ya,” Wheelie said from the couch, watching old episodes of ‘Fresh Prince of Bel Air’.

“Said with love,” Carly replied. Over the last five years she’d warmed up to the little bots, especially after thinking them dead after their courageous actions during the Battle of Chicago.

“We love ya too Carly!” Brains said, plopping down next to Wheelie and promptly ignoring the two humans as he became engrossed in the antics of Jazzy Jeff. “Don’t he remind ya of someone?”

“Maybe two someones…” Wheelie muttered.

“What are your plans for today?” Sam asked between bites of his cereal.

Carly smiled, shutting her laptop. After Sam had…killed her boss…Carly had found a new job, working as a freelance communications director for several companies. It allowed her to work from home, and thus keep an eye on the dog and the two little Autobots. “Not much. Monique’s new line of cosmetics has been pushed back so I should have a full week of doing nothing but lounging around the house.”

Sam groaned in protest. “Of course. The one week you get off and I am leaving for five days!”

Carly shrugged. “That is too bad. I guess I’ll just have to spend time with my number one guy.”

Sam chuckled. “That so?”

“Oh yes…I think me and him are going to hang out, have a rather expensive dinner together…maybe take a bath…”

Sam slide out of his chair and approached Carly, shaking his head. “You are cruel, you know that?” he fell to his knees, pushing her chair out…

…and giving her very pregnant belly a kiss.

“Both of you.”

Carly giggled before wincing. “I think he heard you.”

“And you are so sure he’s a he?” Sam asked, placing a hand on her tummy and feeling his child kick.

“A mother knows, Sam.”

Sam drew himself up and wrapped his arms around his wife. “Well then, far be it from me to argue.”

Wheelie made a sound of disgust as Sam kissed Carly. “Get a room, why dontcha?”

“Last time they did, they made the little sparkling!” Brains complained.

A car horn interrupted any more comments the two might have had.

“Your ride is here,” Carly said, pressing her forehead against his.

Sam nodded. “Think he can wait 5 minutes?”

“No,” Wheelie said.

“No one asked you, ya walking toaster.”

Carly gave Sam one more kiss before shooing him to the door. “Hurry up…the sooner you leave the sooner me and Daniel can get some alone time.”

Sam grabbed his suitcase, blowing Carly one final kiss goodbye before hurrying down the stairs. “I know you want to get to work, buddy, but you couldn’t give me a few more seconds?”

“You’ll have plenty of time to make out with your girl later, Sam,” Bumblebee answered, making sure his friend was secure before taking off.

2. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 Heart Like a Hand Grenade

News Credits:
    awesome. wonder what sam's job is?

3. Jazzfan0217

Jazzfan0217 Just chillin'

nice, this is interesting :thumb  please continue.

4. Christiankid7

Christiankid7 Christianbot

Excellent

5. SavageThunder

SavageThunder 11th Doctor's Huntress

More soon please!:popcorn :D 

6. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Force Ghost

News Credits:
    Chapter 2​

“Come guys, easy does it!” Lieutenant Colonel William Lennox shouted, waving his hands in protest. There wasn’t much else he could do, considering the ‘guys’ he was working with were alien robots that could easily toss him a mile without much effort.

Standing on the shore of Lake Michigan, Lennox couldn’t help but think about how boot camp had not prepared him for any of this, robots removed from the equation. When he had signed up all those years ago, it had been a way out of a bad life, one that only held promises of working on an assembly line and developing a drinking disorder. He had hoped to make a nice living, have a family, and retire before he was shot There had been no dreams of becoming one of the old men in the Pentagon, playing god with the lives of millions. Lennox was not that type of man.

Now, however, he found himself in a position that hadn’t even existed when he had walked into that enlisting office. He was one of the main commanders of NEST, a join Autobot/Human military task force, working to protect the planet and rebuild it after the Decepticon invasion.

The first task after the Battle of Chicago had been rebuilding the Windy City, laid waste by the savage occupation. But what many had predicted taking 10 years was nearly finished in half the time, thanks to the Autobots. It their hands, twisted steel was turned into raw building material, forged and assembled in record time. Nearly everything had been reused to build the city, bringing it back to as it had been.

No…better. Lennox and his men had worked hard to make Chicago better, to make it truly a city of the future…run on clean full, every building state of the art…

And who could forget the newest addition to the city?

Of the coast of Chicago, rising from the waters of Lake Michigan, lay the new home of the Autobots: New Iacaon. A massive man-made island, built upon the bones of the invading Decepticons’ war ships, New Iacon would serve as NEST’s base of operations and the one place in the world where the Autobots could truly be themselves.

Almost all the work had been finished. All that remained was the removal of the destroyed ships that lay on the lake bottom. Some may have questioned such actions, as it wasn’t as if anyone saw said wrecks. But for all the damage the invasion had wrought, it had brought with it one blessing: From the vessels the Autobots were able to harvest processed energon. It was funny…one of the main reasons for the war had been control of the dwindling supplies of energon…and now the Autobots found themselves with more than they had ever dreamed of.

Of course, harvesting energon, a highly powerful energy source, was not something one did freely…hence Lennox’s panic as he watched the Wreckers toss the massive hunks of the submerged ship onto the beach like popcorn to pigeons.

“You know, I’m not naturally bald,” Robert Epps said, stepping out of the silver stringray corvette that had brought him to the beach and walking towards his friend. “The Wreckers just made me tear out my hair.”

Lennox shook his head in good humor, clasping hands with his friend before turning towards the corvette. “How is it going, Sideswipe?”

The vehicle split and shifted, taking on the form of the silver Autobot. After the death of Ironhide, Sideswipe had been promoted the Autobots’ official weapons expert, making him one of the main bots Epps and Lennox worked with. Towering over them, Sideswipe watched as the Wreckers continued salvaging the craft, his optics flickering at the sight of all that energon. Even now, the sight of his race’s lifeblood being gathered freely, without fear of attack, was still a marvel.

“Still hard to believe it is all over, isn’t it buddy?” Epps asked, patting the bot upon the leg.

“There are so many of us that longed to see this day,” Sideswipe said, his tone reverent, “I still find it surprising that I was the one to live long enough to see it.”

Lennox wanted to say something, about how he understood, but he knew such platitudes would be empty. Yes, he too had lost friends…but never an entire race, over millions of years. What Sideswipe had gone through made his suffering a drop in the ocean.

“Don’t get too comfy, Sideswipe,” Epps said, pointing towards the red Ferrari 458 Italia that was racing towards them, “looks like Dino has some action for us.”

The Ferrari transformed, arms crossed over his chest and his head tilted, giving off an entire attitude that screamed ‘aloof’. “We have a situation.”

“What is it this time?” Lennox called out.

Dino ignored Lennox, which wasn’t anything new. Of all the Autobots, Dino was the most standoffish when it came to humanity. Ratchet had told them once that Dino didn’t forget sins committed against him, real or imaginary. After the government had forced the Autobots to leave during the Battle of Chicago, Dino had only returned with the promise of Decepticons to take out. He hadn’t even been there during the final moments, as he’d been busy chasing after Decepticons, hoping to get in one last strike. When it came to repairing the city Dino had flatly refused, feeling he owed nothing to the turncoats that had cast him and the Autobots aside. At least he didn’t show any disdain for the NEST soldiers…he merely treated them as if they didn’t exist.

The NEST crew had learned to live with it.

“Dino, what is the situation,” Sideswipe asked.

“Two of the new recruits have escaped.”

Lennox and Epps groaned. The Autobots had introduced a strict shore leave policy, restricting newly arrived bots to New Iacon until they could prove that they could handle being out among humans without supervision. Of course, there were some that bucked against such demands and did everything possible to cause mischief.

“Who is it this time?” Sideswipe said with a sigh.

“Who do you think?”

~MC~MC~MC~

North Michigan Ave. had never seen a race such as this.

Barreling down the left side of the road was a metallic orange Lamborghini Aventador, a marvel of European engineering. To its right sped a Chevy SS concept, done up in hot rod red and featuring a specially designed engine and bull horns as a hood ornament. The two vehicles showed little concern for traffic laws or public property, treating the main drive like their own private race track.

Skidding to a stop in front of the lot where Trump Tower once stood (having been torn down by the Donald, who used the invasion as an excuse to rebuild the tower 50 feet taller), the two cars revved their engines before rushing onto the construction site.

The Aventador twisted in mid air as it took on its robot form, barely touching the ground before aiming its hands at the girders, fingers converting into grappling claws before launching from its wrists, wrapping around the structure and pulling the bot into the sky. Back on Cybertron the bot had loved to launch himself into the air, twisting and turning, just managing to catch a ledge or outcropping before beginning his next jump. There had been cycles where he never touched the ground.

The autobot grinned as he spun about the structure. His face was jutted out slightly to form a slight muzzle, and with the flaired sides of the helmet arcing back he all at once gave the impression of a wolf or an eagle.

The SS scoffed as he transformed. It was hard to believe that this bot had once resembled Bumblebee. The two of them had been sparkling companions, their unprotected bodies nearly identical. But after barely surviving a brush with Starscream, Bee’s sparkling companion had decided to alter his form, to ensure he was never caught defenseless again. Gone was the lean and lanky body that he’d shared with Bumblebee; now he was compact, with sturdy and strong legs, powerful arms that hid an arsenal of gadgets, and a head protected by the latest in crash-resistant gear, making his face resemble something of a bull’s, complete with the hood ornament horns that were now on his head.

With the death of Que his inventions had sat in storage until this Autobot had claimed them, using them to turn him into a walking armory. His form could now survive the strongest of Decepticon blasts, and he was packing more heat that a rogue dictator.

Taking several steps back, the bot assumed a crouched position before rushing forward, the mini-jets in his feet firing and giving his jump an extra kick. Steel crunched under his grasp as he hauled himself upward, giving chase after the other Autobot. He was not about to lose this race, not by a long shot!

“CLIFFJUMPER!”

The red autobot forced himself to halt, looking down at the crowd he and his companion had attracted.

“What are you waiting for?” said companion asked from 10 feet above. “Don’t tell me you’re-“

“SUNSTREAKER!”

Sunny and Cliff looked at each other, then back down at the annoyed Sideswipe and Dino, who were flanked by Epps and Lennox.

“We are so dead,” Sunny commented.

“Speak for yourself,” Cliff grunted, tucking his knees tight to his body and wrapping his arms around himself before dropping down with a thud, leaving a nice size crater.

Sunny slowly repelled down, holding out his free hand in a gesture of peace.

“Come on Sideswipe…let me explain.”

“Explain?” Sideswipe said in anger. “You left the base against orders!”

“I wanted to get out and stretch my legs!” Sunstreaker argued.

“Not without permission! You know the rules.”

“They’re stupid rules,” Sunstreaker said petulantly.

Dino turned to Cliffjumper. “And what is your excuse?”

“Same as his…rules are stupid.”

Lennox shook his head in disgust. “What were you two thinking? The representatives from the UN are coming today! What do you think they would say if they saw you horsing around like this!?!”

“I think I’d say that someone had earned a time out,” The representative said, stepping out of his car.

Lennox hurried over to him, wrapping the younger man in a bear hug. “Good to see you Sam! Ya look great!”

Sam Witwickity smiled, trying to downplay Lennox’s words. “What can I say…the UN job agrees with me. Ain’t that right, Bumblebee.”

“We get the job done,” Bee said, transforming and turning his attention towards his fellow Autobots. While Bee, Sideswipe and Dino lectured Cliff and Sunny, Lennox, Epps and Sam stepped off to the side to give the bots some privacy.

“Seriously, you enjoying your UN post?” Epps asked. After the Battle of Chicago, Director Manning had realized she had been wrong about a lot of things…including Sam. When the UN had decided to recognize the Autobots as a race and wanted to appoint a representative to the bots for mankind, Sam had been the first choice. Things had worked out perfectly when Optimus announced that Bumblebee would be the Autobots’ representative, allowing the two friends to stay together.

Sam and Bee now worked to ensure human-Autobot relations remained smooth, taking care of any problems that might arise and settling them before things blew up. They had come to New Iacon for their annual 6 month review, a formality really but needed to keep the UN off NEST’s back.

“It is best,” Sam said honestly. “Though I do miss being in the thick of things with all you guys.”

Epps looked up at the girders that now hung loose and the torn up street, realizing that it would be up to them to repair the damage. “Trust me…you ain’t missin’ a damn thing.”

“Do you understand me?” Sideswipe said, the humans catching the end of his dressing down of Sunstreaker and Cliffjumper.

Sunstreaker nodded. “Yup, 100%.”

“Good.”

“Let me clarify…I understand the words you said. I do not understand how you became such a, as the humans say, stick in the mud.”

Sideswipe turned slowly back to face his younger bot. “What did you say?”

“They always like this?” Sam whispered.

“They’re brothers…so yeah. I think it is a requirement for a cybertronian family,” Lennox muttered.

Sunstreaker jabbed a claw at his brother’s chest. “You use to be fun, you know that? Now you get a little bit of power, you suddenly think you are the next Prime.”

Sideswipe glared at his brother. “It’s called maturing, brother. Maybe you should try it.”

“Not if it means ending up a bore like you!”

Epps waved his hands, getting the arguing bots’ attention. “Maybe we should do this back at New Iacon…away from the public?”

Noticing they were attracting an audience, Sideswipe nodded transformed, his door opening to allow Lennox and Epps to hop in. “Back to base, now.”

Sunstreaker looked at the remaining Autobots as his brother tore away from the area like a cyberbat out of the Pit. “You guys see it too, right? He is such a pain…” Bumblebee merely transformed, Sam hoping in while Dino scoffed and joined him in heading back to New Iacon. “Come on Cliff…you’re with me, right?”

“I am not ‘with you’,” Cliffjumper stated gruffly. “I only raced you to prove a point…we are not friends.” Cliffjumper transformed, engine revving. “I don’t think you have any friends, Sunstreaker.”

“Of course I do!” Sunstreaker called after the retreating Autobot. “I have tons of friends…and those that aren’t my friends are just jealous of me! Everyone is my friend…” He looked around, realizing he was alone. “…like this lamppost! It’s my friend!”

Said lamppost chose that moment to fall to the ground.

“Aw man…” Sunstreaker muttered.

~MC~MC~MC~

Ratchet’s hand flipped into his wrist, a small cauterizing laser taking its place as he began the delicate task of sealing the final joints in the armor. It was important that he took just the right amount of time performing this act: go too fast and the metal would not bond properly; too slow and the heat of the laser would create new microfractures that would shatter during normal wear and tear. For most such a task would be the pinnacle of boredom.

For Ratchet, it was like going home.

Optimus always referred to Ratchet has the Autobot’s medic, but truth be told, he had done very little to earn that title these recent cycles. The war was simply too big, its victims too many, and with energon so rare, choices had to be made about who to save…and who to let die. Where in the past he would have spent many orbital cycles working to fix a broken comrade, Ratchet had been forced to ease their passing or leave them injured, with empty promises to make things better…some day.

His time on Earth alone gave a glimpse at the torture he had gone through:

Jazz. Ripped apart by Megatron, when he and Ironhide had found him, the bot had pleaded with him not to save him. Jazz knew others would be hurt, that the massive amount of energon needed to save his own life would deplete Ratchet’s reserves. Other bots owed their lives to Jazz’s sacrifice. Bots like…

Bumblebee. Yes, Ratchet had been able to repair his legs after the battle in Mission City. But his voice…damaged during the launching of the AllSpark by Megatron, Ratchet had only been able to offer minor relief for the Autobot, who still suffered from the inability to truly speak.

Jolt. That was one of the most painful of his failures. Jolt had been his apprentice, learning to become a field mech under Ratchet’s eye. The blue bot had taken damage from Starscream during the lead-up to the Invasion, and Ratchet had been forced to put him into stasis, promising that when the time came he would bring him back online. Jolt had merely nodded, knowing that said time would never come, most likely.

And yet…it appeared that time was fast at hand.

With the discovery of the energon reserves within the crashed Decepticon warships, the Autobots now had enough energon to last them many cycles…and could finally begin repairing their fallen brothers and sisters. After Optimus, Ratchet had offered the first repairs to Bumblebee but the bot had turned him down, wanting to bring others online first before Ratchet fixed a ‘minor problem’. It had been Bee who had requested the first bot Ratchet should turn his attention too.

Arcee.

Ratchet sighed as he looked at the fembot, powered down while he completed the last of her long repairs. She had led a hard existence…first watching so many of her friends and allies die, then to be captured and tortured by the Decepticons, her mind split in three and placed in three blank decepticon shell protoforms. She should have gone mad, but when the AllSpark had created her it had made her spirit strong, and Arcee had survived…only to have two of her forms destroyed in Egypt.

The destruction had been too much, causing her to shut down to deal with the pain. It had taken Ratchet 5 years after getting the energon reserves to complete the process of undoing all the damage caused by the Decepticons…to make her whole once again.

Converting his hand back into its normal form, Ratchet gentled tapped her head, signaling her to come back online. Arcee’s optics flickered as she slowly rose, arms and legs flexing as she adjusted to her new body.

“How do you feel?” Ratchet asked.

“Taller,” Arcee said glibly. Arcee had always been on the small side, but now she stood roughly as tall as Bumblebee and Sideswipe. In order to repair her body Ratchet had resorted to some…radical reconstruction…to bring her back to 100%. “And I have legs again, I see.”

Ratchet nodded. “The conversion allowed for it…I hope you don’t mind.”

Arcee waved off his concerns. “I’ll take what I can get.” She stood up, a wobbling a bit. Ratchet was reminded of some of the NEST soldiers he’d seen after their winter time celebration (‘Christmas’ he reminded himself. It was a Christmas party) after fueling themselves with too much alcohol. Making her way towards the polished metal wall that made up Ratchet’s quarters, Arcee examined herself carefully. She resembled her pre-earth form greatly, her outer casing had the same dark purple hue as it once did. Her head, however, remained as it had after she had been placed in the Decepticon shells…though she was thankful that Ratchet had done some work to make it look less fierce.

“You’ll need to take it slow,” Ratchet warned her, standing up from the steel box that served as a chair. “We still don’t know if this design will hold.”

“I’ll take my chances, Ratchet,” Arcee said. Ratchet knew at once Arcee would not be ‘taking it slow’ at all. She never had and never would.

“Arcee.” The two bots turned, standing with respect as Optimus entered. “I am glad to see you finally repaired.”

“Good to be repaired, Optimus. What is my first assignment?”

Optimus shook his head, staring down at her. “You get better and rest.”

“I’ve rested for far too long, sir. I want to begin pulling my weight.”

“When the time is right.”

If Arcee could, Optimus was sure she would have rolled her eyes. Instead, she merely nodded once and stalked out of Ratchet’s quarters, the medical bot knowing she was going to go test out her new body…against his orders.

“She’s going to end up here if she keeps this up,” Ratchet complained.

“I fear she is not the only one,” Optimus stated. “It seems many of the Autobots do not know how to slow down.”

“We worked so hard to get to the point, Optimus, to be at peace…but now, no one wants to enjoy it.” He shook his head, busying himself with pushing his operating table back against the wall. “Do you think any of us will ever be able to adjust.”

“We must, Ratchet, if we are ever to enjoy the peace the war has finally given us.”

“But can we? Can we go back to the way it was…to be the beings we were before all of this?”

Optimus considered Ratchet’s words. “Would we want too?”

Ratchet simply didn’t have an answer.

~MC~MC~MC~

Author’s Notes: Bumblebee’s voice is a mixture of his real voice and his use of voice clips…that is why he is the only bot to get italics.

Sunstreaker is voiced by Neil Patrick Harris. I wanted to create a new, younger Autobot in sunny, a bit of a showboat. To make him different from Sideswipe, I decided to give him his swinging/spider-man style of fighting. Sunstreaker’s alt mod is inspired by Algernon’s Sunstreaker image…I chose to do a different bot mod, but I like the car and color choice.

Cliffjumper is voiced by Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson and he fills the gruff fighter role Ironhide use to fill. Cliff I redesigned to feel more line a linebacker, someone that rushes in and attacks like a battering ram…or a charging bull. I figure it Bumblebee looks like a running back, Cliffjumper should be a linebacker. His use of Que’s gadgets allows me to give him his famous glass gun. I chose the Concept Chevy SS because it is an older, more rugged concept compared to Bumblebee and Sideswipe.

Continuing with the ‘Prime’ homages, Arcee is voiced by Sumalee Montano. I will get into her alt mod later (as it is a bit of a surprise) but I will say that her robot mode is a cross between her Movie One toy, her Revenge of the Fallen form (namely the blue Arcee) and her Prime form.

Finally, in my writing of the story, the idea of ‘family’ in Cybertron is defined as such: when a sparkling is brought to life, there are two ways it can gain its form. The first is by imprinting on an adult Transformer, taking cues from them to build its own form. This is how bots such as Optimus, Sideswipe and Sunstreaker came to look as they do. Others imprint on sparkling companions (akin to babies in daycare); the group develops to look like each other, with minor changes, until they eventually break up. This is how Bumblebee and Cliffjumper look similar…they aren’t brothers, but instead spent so much time together that they resembled each other until one decided to veer off and develop his body into something new.

Second Author's Note: I also hope that, as this story gains traction, people more skilled then I am will be able to draw and design the new Autobots and Decepticons for this story.

7. Jazzfan0217

i love this, please do more ... PLEASE !!! :D  !!! ya had me crackin up at the part with Sunstreaker and the lamp post :lol 

8. SavageThunder

“Of course I do!” Sunstreaker called after the retreating Autobot. “I have tons of friends…and those that aren’t my friends are just jealous of me! Everyone is my friend…” He looked around, realizing he was alone. “…like this lamppost! It’s my friend!”

Said lamppost chose that moment to fall to the ground.

“Aw man…” Sunstreaker muttered.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol 

9. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

So far, this is all great; I like how you showed how the characters changed post-DotM; you established old favorites again (as with Bumblebee, Sideswipe, and the humans), breathed life into underused Autobots (Ratchet and Dino), and created new guys to play off of them, which they do very well.

I like Sideswipe as the responsible brother to Sunstreaker's egotistical rebel. In other series, Sidewipe is simply Sunstreaker Lite; you did a great job averting that. I also like how you contrasted Bumblebee and Cliffjumper and remembered Que. Dino's dislike of humanity is understandable, given what happened, and it makes sense that not all the Autobots would be so forgiving.

I'm also glad that you gave Ratchet time in the med bay, something that even I will admit the movies failed to do. As for Optimus, there wasn't a whole lot to go on, but I did notice that he realized that the Autobots need to adjust to peacetime. I wonder if after having lost so much, he'll have the hardest time of it.

Overall, you did a great job; I hope to read much more from you.

10. Christiankid7

Cool, cant wait to see the Decepticons

11. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Force Ghost

News Credits:
    Chapter 3

“Hey beautiful!” Sam said, holding up his Iphone and giving Carly a wave.
    “You managing ok without me?”

“As well as I can,” Carly said, giving her husband a playful pout. “Luckily I have the boys here to help me out.”

“She made us paint her friggin’ toenails, Sam!” Wheelie complained, leaping infront of the webcam. “That is just cruel!”

“I kinda liked it,” Brains admitted from off-screen.

“You would,” Wheelie grumbled, only for Carly to shove him aside.

Sam raised an eyebrow. “You are using them as your manicurists?”

“Sam, I can’t even see my toes, let alone paint them…” Carly stated. “Which is why I want you to hurry home…so you can tend all the things I can’t see anymore.”

“Gag me!” Wheelie complained. “You mammals and your swelling organs and leaking glands and-“

Carly grabbing Wheelie and tossed him across the room.

“Thank you,” Sam said. “Don’t worry, everything is going right on schedule and I should be home in a few days. Optimus said the new arrivals should be here in an hour…” Sam paused, turning the camera so Carly could see New Iacon. “And once we have them settled they won’t need me and Bee.”

New Iacon sat off shore from Chicago, the city barely visible. Connected to the mainland through something called a land bridge (a weaker, safer version of the space bridge, Optimus had assured him), it allowed NEST and the Autobots plenty of privacy. The island was nearly 15 square miles, with 3 of those miles set up for the human members of NEST and their families in what could best be described as the normal American suburb. Sam himself had stated at the VIP house that was set up for his visits, while Bumblebee had stated with the other Autobots in their section, which had been built with their needs in mind. No longer confined to hangers and warehouses, the Autobots had been able to build actual structures suited to their size and needs. Each building was a blend of many Earth cultures and Cybertronian features: Ratchet’s medical bay looked like the Taj Mahal if made from scrap metal, while the main Autobot training facility was a cross between a steampunk engine and a football stadium. And below the reinforced surface lay labs, conference rooms, workshops and other structures that stretched down deep beneath the quiet waters of Lake Michigan.

The main focus this day, however, was the large patch of land just on the edge of the island, dominated by several alien ships. This was Homecoming Plaza, the landing pad for all the Autobot shuttles. Every new arrival after the Battle of Chicago set foot here, welcomed by their brothers and sisters to their new home. Four shuttles had landed so far, ranging from single pilot fighters to 8 bot scientific crafts, bringing with them a total of 12 new Autobots.

“How many are suppose to be arriving today, Sam?” Carly asked.

“According to the transmissions set to us, we are expecting the biggest landing party yet. Atleast 10 Autobots are expected to land.”

“Wow…you sure they can handle that many new recruits?”

Sam rolled his eyes. “If they can handle Sunstreaker, they can handle anything.” Sam glanced to his side, giving Carly a sheepish smile. “Sorry, Bumblebee is waving me down. I need to get to the command center.”

“Call me when you can, babe.”

“You got it.” Sam hung up and stuck his phone in his pocket, giving Bumblebee a withering glance. “You know, you could have given me a few more minutes!”

“I gave you any more minutes and you will be begging to leave now to be with her!” Bee answered.

“I think I liked you better when you couldn’t talk.” The truth was, however, that Bee couldn’t really talk. After the invasion, Sam had come up with a brilliant idea to help his friend. After seeing a special on Stephen Hawking, where the physicist had received a new communicator that used prerecorded samples of his voice before he vocal cords had been paralyzed. Sam had realized that, by doing something similar, Bee could communicate without having to resort to finding sound clips from old movies.

They had hired a voice actor (and that was a strange audition!) and had spend days in a recording booth, recording syllables and common phrases that might pop up. Bee had downloaded the entire catalog in seconds and been thrilled to discover that he could, almost automatically, find just the right string of sounds to form full sentences. There were a few hiccups and the sound quality wasn’t on par with a true voice, but it gave Bumblebee more freedom.

The yellow spy motioned for Sam to follow him into the large structure that served as the command center for the Autobots’ landing crew. It looked like a NASA shuttle control mixed with Star Trek, with computers blinking and data flowing faster than should be possible.

“Hello Sideswipe,” Sam said, standing next to the silver weapons expert.

“Sam…I am glad we could meet under more…pleasant circumstances.”

Sam chuckled. “Yeah, yeah…yesterday was…different.”

“I apologize for my brother’s behavior. It will not happen again.” The flinty tone in Sideswipe’s voice made it clear he would see to it that Sunstreaker thought twice before acting up again.

“Don’t worry about it,” Sam said, blowing the whole thing off. “Brothers are a pain…or I imagine they are.”

“Be thankful your parents chose to not give you a brother, Sam,” Sideswipe stated, “it is a tiring duty.”

“You don’t have to always be your brother’s keeper.”

Another bot named White Noise, who had arrived in a single fighter during the last landing on New Iacon, turned his head, optics flashing. “Please keep it down, I’m tryin’ to work,” he said in a southern drawl.

“Sorry,” Sam muttered. He had once asked Optimus about bots like White Noise and Dino adopted accents. Optimus had explained that they had chosen their voices based on their own preferences and what tones and dialects would match their personalities and the assumed traits a human would expect from them. In fact, Optimus had admitted that before he had learned what humans considered to be male and female, the leader of the Autobots had considered a voice that sounded scarily similar to Angeline Jolie.

Nodding to himself, White Noise’s hands converted so to lock into the computer’s harddrive, his optics flickering and his voice taking on a staticy tone as he communicated with the shuttle. “Tsihcrana, this is New Iacon. I am sending schematics for possible alt modes to you now.”

“Received,” the pilot stated. “We are converting now.” In order to help them better settle into their new lives, all Autobots were given a list of approved alt modes to select from, that way they could be converted by the time their ship landed. Changes were allowed of course (Cliffjumper had rejected the Camaro alt he had selected upon seeing Bumblebee, while White Noise had switched to a NEST assault buggy to better fit with the NEST soldiers, as he never left base) but for the most part it allowed the new arrivals to avoid mistakes (like picking a beater or a garbage truck).

“Tsihcrana, begin your approach.”

~MC~MC~

“I can see them now,” Ratchet said, staring up at the sky. Though human eyes could not detect the large ship that was making its way through the Earth’s upper atmosphere, Ratchet’s optics, like all Autobots, were designed to see far greater things than any human.

“More comrades…finally coming home,” Optimus said. He, as he had done always, waited outside on the landing platform, ready to greet the new arrivals.

“Hopefully some with class,” Dino said, arms crossed over his chest. “I grow tired of the buffoons we have now.”

“Every Autobot that arrives is a blessing, Dino, remember that,”

“Yes Optimus,” Dino said, before turning on his heel and marching off to help prepare for the new arrivals.

“Hopefully they do have class…and some manners,” Ratchet muttered.

Optimus shook his head, though his optics never left the ship as it descended. “Dino is young…and the war has hardened him. He will learn to break out of his shell, as the humans say, soon enough.”

“I hope the same is true for many Autobots,” Ratchet said. “Too many of them grew up only knowing battle…I worry about how they will adjust.”

“About as well as two old bots remembering how things use to be and unable to adapt,” Optimus stated.

The ship came to a rest, the thrusters letting out one final hiss before finally shutting down. The great dark haul of the ship was already cooling, making the air around in shimmer. It was bigger than Optimus had expected, nearly half the size of the Decepticon command warships that had landed during the Invasion, but unlike them it was thatched and full of seems, its outer shell repaired many times after countless battles.

Optimus walked forward as the main hatch lowered, the darkness of the ship’s interior obstructing the new recruits. “Welcome, my fellow Autobots. Welcome to New Iacon.”

“Are…are you truly Optimus Prime?” a nervous voice called out.

Optimus’ step faltered, concerned by the bot’s almost frightened tone. “Indeed…is everything alright?” He could just make out the face of the Autobot pilot, his or her mouth twisted in fear. “Are you in danger?”

“No,” the voice said with relief. Red hot energy shot into Optimus’ right leg, sending him to the ground. He let out a howl, sparks bursting from his damaged limb. “I was afraid we’d landed on the wrong rock.” The pilot’s head emerged from the shadows and that was all…there was nothing below his or her neck save severed wires. It was griped by a massive bot. Outer shell a dark purple to the point of being black, his arms and legs seemed to be too big for his small waist and chest. Talon-like fingers ran along the pilot’s head before squeezing, crushing it and letting the pieces dribble through his fingers. The bot turned his horned head towards Optimus, red eyes glowing with malice.

“How impolite of me,” the bot said with mock civility. “You have introduced yourself and yet you know not my name.” Holding up his right arm, a long barrel energy rifle spun out and locked onto Optimus. “My name is Cyclonus…and I bring with me…death.”

“NO!” Ratchet shouted, leaping to his leader’s rescue, deflecting the blast with his saw blade. The medic raced towards Cyclonus, saw aimed at his throat, only to be batted aside by another blade.

“I would not do that,” Ratchet’s opponent whispered, the medic staring at a cybertronian face that resembled a human skull. In each hand the warrior held a sword forged from the strongest of cybertronium, one of the strongest metals in the galaxy.

“Bludgeon…once you are done with the fool, help Optimus into the ship.”

“Yes, Cyclonus.”

“What shall I do?” a third voice asked.

“My scanners detect many Autobots, Scourge…send out the Sweeps.”

Scourge stood next to Cyclonus, neck rolling as if working out kinks. He was a smaller bot (but no less dangerous), a dark bluish green with massive wheels set upon his back like canisters for a flamethrower. His face had what resembled a long mustache and beard, which he was fond of playing with whenever he wasn’t ripping his enemies apart.

Glancing skyward, Scourge sent a silent command and the ship began to shudder and break apart. It became clear to all watching that what they had believed to be the ship’s outer walls were infact 30 Transformers, their armored backs protecting them as they clung to the hull of the real ship. Metal split and cracked as they flexed their wings, letting out piercing screams before racing into the sky, firing upon any structure they could find.
    Scourge stepped forward to join the battle, only for Cyclonus to stop him.

“Remember…we leave no survivors…but the master wants Optimus alive.”

“Understood.”

~MC~MC~

Author’s Notes: Cyclonus is voiced by Geoffrey Rush and transforms into a Nighthawk, which is the same alt mode as movie Mindwipe. His bot mod is different though…blending movie design with Cyclonus’ G1 form, I decided to make him really lanky.

Scourge is voiced by David Kaye and transforms in a Russian mobile assault command center. It is basically a massive semi with a huge armored command post fused to it.

Bludgeon is voiced by George Takai (if you believe he couldn’t pull this off, go watch him in HEROES…he can be scary at times) and resembles his toy 100%.

The Sweeps I decided to make separate from Scourge, but commanded by him. The resemble a mix of Hatchet, Skystalker, and the Decepticon single bot fighters.

12. Jazzfan0217

must see what happens next :popcorn . please continue :popcorn  !!!

13. Christiankid7

whens the next chapter

14. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

This actually pretty good.

15. Jazzfan0217

This is really really really good, please do more !!! :popcorn  !!!

16. SavageThunder

*squeals for a looooooooooong time* AWESOME!!! :popcorn 

17. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Force Ghost

News Credits:
    I am currently working on the next chapter and hope to have it up soon. Thank you for the reviews.

Just a taste of what is to come: A massive battle, a stunning reveal, and a traitor exposed.

18. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Force Ghost

News Credits:
    Chapter 4

“All Autobots, we are under attack! All Autobots, we are under attack!"

The call to arms rang through New Iacon, NEST soldiers and Autobots abandoning whatever they had been doing, ready to storm the landing platform and take out this new threat. But as they emerged onto the streets they found that the battle had come to them, the Sweeps launching full assaults on anything that moved.

Dino let his cabled sickles fly, catching hold of one of the Sweeps and yanking with all his might. But the mech was too fast, and with barely enough time to register what was happening, Dino found himself yanked into the sky, trailing after the Sweep like a tassel in the breeze.

"Hold on buddy boy!" Sunstreaker called out, launching a line onto another Sweep. Prepared for the ride, Sunstreaker used the momentum to land upon the Sweep's back, pressing his blaster into the bot's skull and blowing its brains out. Leaping from the crippled mech, Sunny began to play hopscotch with the Sweeps, leaping about the sky, using his lines when he mistimed a jump.

"Your brother seems to be enjoying himself!" Epps shouted to Sideswipe, firing at the Sweeps that were raining blasts down upon them.

"Only he could find this enjoyable," Sideswipe said grimly, blasters howling as he fired upon the attackers.

"We have to do something!" Sam shouted, staring out at the destruction from the control center's main window.

White Noise shook his head. "You two stay here! I'm going to see if I can be of help!"

"Hold up!" Sam called out, but the bot was already racing away, leaving Bee and Sam to stare at each other dumbly. "There is no way I am going to sit around and let those guys hurt Optimus."

"I'm with ya, Sam!" Bumblebee stated, scooping his friend up and racing out the door.

"Ratchet...I think I met you once," Bludgeon said, almost conversationally, his swords singing as he brought them to bar upon the medic. "Always staying behind, never wanted to get involving..."

"Things change," Ratchet said, opening fire upon the skull-faced warrior. Bludgeon's swords twirled, deflecting each bolt as if they were feathers.

"How many lives have you lost, old man?" Bludgeon asked. His tone wasn't mocking or taunting...it was as if he were merely sitting beside Ratchet, watching the clouds drift by as the killed time. "How many times did you think, in the darkest parts of your mind, 'If only they had known when to run away.'?" Bludgeon pushed forward, his sword inches from Ratchet's throat. "Maybe you should take your own advice."

"Not today," Ratchet said, kicking Bludgeon away and opening fire once again.

Cliffjumper roaring in frustration, taking pot shots at any Sweep he could get a bead on. He wanted them down on the ground, being pummeled by his fists, instead of zipping about making him play target practice.

His weapon of choice was one none of these mechs had ever seen before, designed by the late Que. The long-barreled rifle hummed as he sighted another Sweep, firing the special projectile. The bullet struck home, the Sweep letting out a screech as its metal form began to crack, becoming as fragile as glass. Going at the speeds it was, the Sweep shattered against the wind pressure, raining shards upon New Iacon.

Cliffjumper snorted then lined up his next target.

"What the hell is he doing?" Sam asked, Bumblebee skidding to a stop. The battle, and Optimus, were North of them, at the landing platform, but White Noise was booking it South.

"Why is heading towards the shipyard?" Bee asked, more to himself than Sam. They took one last look at the battle, but something within each warned that it would be wise to follow the communications expert.

Sam looked at the skies. All around them the Sweeps were roaring, firing upon anything that moved...except here. THe shipyard was deserted and ignored. The only ones around where Bumblebee, Sam, and...

"You boys shoulda listened to me."

Bumblebee skidded to a stop, optics taking in the unbelievable sight of the fussy White Noise pointed a double-barreled EMP sniper rifle right at them. The communcations expert let off a quick shot, Bumblebee's arms going numb as the EMP shorted out his weapons system.

"You'd have lived longer."

"Get the containment gear!" Cyclonus called out to Scourge, watching Bludgeon press the attack against Ratchet once again. It was like he was a spectator at a wrestling match...all he was missing was some popcorn. "I want Prime locked up now!"

"I don't think so!" Lennox said, Epps and Sideswipe flanking him. "Lower your weapons, now."

"Oh...this is just too cute," Cyclonus said, bringing his arms to his back and ripping off his wings, the metal shining brightly with a razor's edge. "I always enjoy killing small stupid things."

Lennox, Epps and Sideswipe fired, Cyclonus batting away their attacks with his shields before lashing out, nearly cutting Epps in two if he hadn't ducked in time. The NEST soldiers began to dart around, taking pot shots at the massive attacker, but Cyclonus merely continued to deflect every blast he could, punching Sideswipe when he got too close.

"Scourge, the containment gear, now!"

"Who are you?" Sam snapped, glaring at the traitor.

White Noise slowly backed towards a shuttle, keeping his weapon trained on Bumblebee. "Someone that is gettin' the hell out of here, boy."

"That's something you're good at...Dealer."

White Noise/Dealer turned towards the new arrival, and if he had a mouth he would have smiled. "Arcee! Can't believe you ain't slag by now."

"Drop your weapon, Dealer...now."

Dealer, instead, shifted his weapon's sights onto the fembot. "Aw, is that any way to treat an old friend? I mean...you and I go so far back."

Arcee's own blasters were trained on Dealer's head, circuits itching to fire upon him. "Don't act like you are my friend, Dealer. You betrayed all of us. You got half my team killed!"

Dealer merely shrugged. "A lesson."

"A lesson?" Arcee asked, rage bubbling over.

"Yes...next time..." Dealer fired, Arcee shattering into three chunks and sent flying, "...pay your debts on time." He turned, pointing his weapon at Bumblebee, who was struggling to get his own weapons back online. "Now then-"

Dealer's words were cut off by the sound of three engines. The three pieces of Arcee, thought to be shrapnel, were revealed in their true form: Three prestine spyder cycles, racing towards Dealer and firing upon him. The traitor stumbled back, his rifle knocked from his hands under the assault.

Arcee's three cycles raced towards him, metal twisting as it reformed into her single form...and she brought her blade towards his chest...

Dino struggled, trying to fire upon the Sweep who was dragging him through the sky like a kite. The world spun about him, his gyroscopes working overtime to allow him to understand just which way was up.

Then, there was a mighty jerk, and Dino found himself weightless for but a moment...before being plunged towards the ground, the Sweep screaming as it dove down towards the earth.

Dino felt his sickle come free and another body collide with his, sending him sprawling onto the roof of a building.

"Now that was fun!" Sunstreaker said, pulling himself off Dino and offering the bot a hand.

Dino slapped the appendage away in disgust, rising to his feet and looking out over New Iacon. "The invaders are retreating."

"Why?" Sunny asked.

"...Optimus."

Sideswipe and Ratchet had ended up back to back, bumping into each other as Cyclonus and Bludgeon rained blow after blow upon them, unrelenting, never allowing them a moment to get off a shot of their own.

Lennox and Epps had taken cover, firing upon Scourge as he brought out a strange etched metal box, but the massive bot paid little heed to their attacks, merely sending a few Sweeps to guard him.

"What...what are you..." Optimus groaned, trying to get up.

"Don't waste your energy...my master wishes to see you alive," Scourge said, setting the box down. it unfolded, 30 metal legs and arms wrapping around Optimus. He cried out in pain as they took hold, digging into his body, freezing his circuits and leaving him stasis-locked. Scourge grabbed onto the handle of the restraint and dragging Optimus into the ship, the Sweeps returning while Bludgeon and Cyclonus provided cover, forcing the Autobots back, unable to do anything other than watch as their leader was taken from them, the ship rocketing back into space.

"No..." Sunstreaker whispered, Dino and Cliff beside him, realizing they were too late.

"Optimus..." Lennox murmured, unbelieving.

"What...what do we do now?" Epps asked.

"We get answers," Arcee said coldly from behind them, shoving the restrained Dealer towards them. "We get answers."

Author's Notes: Arcee's 3 alt mods are based on the black spyder cycles NEST uses in ROTF

White Noise is Movie DoubleDealer, a mercenary bot. His alt mod is the main NEST jeep used in the first movie. He would be voiced by Josh Holloway.

19. Jazzfan0217

Ahh this is soooo good nice job :thumb  !!! Can't wait to read more !!! Gotta see what happens next !!! :popcorn  !!!

20. Christiankid7

Yo Chaos, you gonna do anymore