Transformers GENESIS... REPRINTED IN JAPAN???

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by wheeljaxx, Jan 19, 2007.

1. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

came across this
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Transformers-The-Best-Illustration-Art-Book-NEW_W0QQitemZ160074014398QQihZ006QQcategoryZ4696QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

don't know if this is new, news, or what, but i certainly never knew about it untill now, and i like to think i know what TF books come available. if it was offered in preivews that is.

anyway, all the art shown is from the 88mph genesis book, but the cover is new.it says there are toy pictures, but it doesn't show any. the description sounds like the generations book from a few years ago, but the pics are from genesis.

any heads up? i have genesis, so i'm not getting this, but those who reallywant a genesis cheap ( since genesis goes for near $200 now) i'd say jump on it. price is in AD too, so US D is even less

2. DrSpengler

DrSpengler The Real Ghostbuster

I think that's Chinese, actually.

But yeah, I didn't know it was reprinted anywhere outside of English-speaking countries, either.

Nice cover, too.

3. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

that could be why we didn't hear about this.. LOL he has alot of remake stuff.... hmm

4. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh man, I love the art in that.. shame it wasn't handled right at all... Good find wheeljaxx. :) 

5. Greenspan

Greenspan Monetary Maestro

News Credits:
    This is a unlicensed bootleg. 2 or 3 years ago there was another Chinese version that came with a CD, which was also a bootleg. This, and the older bootleg, were made by scanning the original book, resizing and photoshoping it (many pics don't have the grey border that was around all images in the original book) so the end result is not very good. This book is smaller than the original too.

Printing from scans, even high-resolution scans, messes up the colors a lot. I bought the first chinese bootleg to compare it with my original Genesis and it doesn't look as good as the original by a large factor. Luckily I got it for cheap but its worthless. Images are smudgy, with some "noise", bleh :( 

Of yeah the cover is not new, its a drawing by Makoto Ono which is on page 19 of the original Genesis. They simply cut the background and pasted it on a montage of art that is inside.

Godspeed
    -Greenspan

6. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    yeah, these bootleggers have even bootlegged chinese version of tf generations, crafty bugger.

7. Salazaar

Salazaar Banned

your name is wheelJAXX:lol 

8. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    is it a thick book? is it a heavy book? :lolol  who asks those kind of questions?

9. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I refuse to buy anything connected with the non-paying trainwreck that was 88MPH.

10. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

yeah, and why's that funny?

11. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    I don't think the original actually SELLS for anywhere near $200...I'm sure the few with the $100+ BINs are just gathering dust...there's 3 up right now in the $20-30 range including a BIN at $25 : http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Art-Of-Transformers-Genesis-Hardcover-Book_W0QQitemZ320073600519QQihZ011QQcategoryZ4696QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

12. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the fact that they're ripping Sebostian somehow, it makes me laugh. I think I'll place a bid.

13. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

sorry, i should have clarified that... WITH THE PRINT!. only a very very few who pre-ordered right from sebastian evern recieved them, and only about 50% of those had the linmited print. none of the books sent to shops or bookstored had the limited print. i've seen copies with the print go for over $160-$180 before.

14. Greenspan

Greenspan Monetary Maestro

News Credits:
    They'd be ripping off 88MPH if they were actually selling the book. Genesis is out of print since forever so they're ripping off Hasbro, not 88MPH.

Godspeed
    -Greenspan

15. Optimus Prime Super Mode

Optimus Prime Super Mode Autobots

16. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Huh. I'd give them $5 for it, and then Paypal the rest to Mako if Ihad it.

17. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Found that book to be a bit of a wasted opportunity, to be honest. Only the fact that I obsessively keep everything I buy stops me from giving it away for nothing!