Transformers: Generations - Power Of The Primes Official Images From Hasbro

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Emet Baqar

Emet Baqar Life in Truth is its own reward.

Great idea

• Like Like x 1
  2. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Undersea Warrior

News Credits:
    So the Matrix and Enigma accessories do *not* have bot modes like the rest of the Titan/Primemasters?

3. spartan 3764

spartan 3764 Yellow ♡ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yes. They are just solid cubes, the Titanmaster connector port is also part of the cube and thus doesn't rotate.

4. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Curious and Creative Man

Kind of unfortunate that the Enigmas and Matrixes don't have robot modes just because of the storytelling potential. Like, what would life be like as a MacGuffin? And does the Matrix in this situation choose someone that is actually virtuous or just someone that particular bot likes?

Oh so fun, just the idea of plugging Prima, Vector or Solus into this situation almost tempts me to buy something more than Slash and Abominus from this awful line.

Well, there's the story thing and that the Enigma and Matrix accessories transforming would actually give playability to these objects instead of them just being bricks that do nothing and can't even be held.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  5. W-P38

W-P38 Decepticon Philosopher

Again, Hasbro stays true to the original G1 toy releases. They've managed this in so many impressive ways throughout the Prime Wars. I certainly acquire plenty of Takara's offerings, but for me, when it comes to G1, the original toy will always be the 'original form' on which updates should be based. In the case of G1, the toys came first, the animation was a derivative and simplified representation of the toys. I remember as a kid getting upset that the animation failed to represent certain details of the toys more accurately. I think Hasbro is doing G1 as it ought to be done, based on its original forms. That being said, it's also good to have the option of Takara's treatment in some cases (some legitimate G1 characters never had a toy, e.g Arcee, so their 'original form' could be considered the animation, since in their case, it came first).

Insofar as Generation 1, why some would prefer figures decorated to appear as copying what is already a derivative representation of the original form, I never fully understood.

6. Louise Belcher

Louise Belcher Autobot loves Android

No, you're wrong. Even high quality 3D priniting isn't smooth, it's rough. As for the hollowness it's the inevitable nature of 3D printing method which done by adding small layers of plastic (which do not fully joined togetherand have spaces between them) unlike injection mold where you inject an entire liquefied plastic. The fact is 3D printing is only used in the toy industry to easily make prototypes and not for finished products.

7. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

Have we seen the Enigmas yet?

8. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 Insert clever joke here.

Yes. The Grimlock photos from the Hascon display area show off the Dinobot Enigma.

9. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Rusting...

News Credits:
    You can see the Dinobot Enigma here. There is a picture of Strascream's somewhere but I can't find it.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  10. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

Ah ha, there it is, many thanks.

11. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Rusting...

News Credits:
    Also of note in this picture is the hole in Slags chest for the hand/armor accessory(HAA), the two thumbs of the HAA, and the peace that is filling in the Prime Master space on the HAA.

12. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover The Bob Bomber

News Credits:
    Not Armor/Hand Accessory (AHA!)?

ETA: Looks like Swoop doesn't have a chest port unless it's behind his dino-head - Sludge and Snarl's are both similar to Slag's.

13. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Rusting...

News Credits:
    Whatever sticks with the fandom. We also have the Foot/Armor Accessory (FAA), but the FAA is already a thing.

14. Venomus Rodimus

Venomus Rodimus Decepticon 4 Fire

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Power of the Primes?  More like Power of the Autobots.
    The Decepticons are truly lacking in numbers these days.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

I literally just handled a piece of plastic from a 3D printer. It's smooth dude. It doesn't have the ridge texture I think you're familiar with in a low end printer. Invest in a good one my friend. There are different methods of printing which produce different results. You can create a mold that isn't hollow but you have to be aware of what type of resin or base that you're using. Certain materials will break down if made too large, hence why most pieces are hollow; it allows for bigger pieces, faster creation, sometimes even more stability, and it's lower cost. Plus I will admit, creating a solid piece is kind of a pain in the ass sometimes but it's possible. Most people who 3D print are enthusiasts who are self-taught, but there's only so much you can learn on your own. New techniques are popping up all the time, you just need some engineering knowledge and a clever mind to figure them out. Besides the technology is constantly moving forward, whether you pay attention to it or not. Fun times!

• Like Like x 1
  16. mikequillm

mikequillm Wrecker

I usually collect mostly 3p figures. How tall is a leader figure (evolution optimus/rodimus) and what do the little enigma things do?

17. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 7
  18. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

DROOOOOLS. :D  Best large Prime in Generations imo.

@mikequillm

Leader class = ever so slightly shorter than MP-10.

Examples (not my images):

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--XIxmKtAl2M/VNycgKMD1nI/AAAAAAAAHwQ/XYz6J-6OaUk/s1600/P2120967.JPG

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachments/combiner-wars-ultra-magnus-32-jpg.27652136/

ETA: Or see Cheem's awesome photos from NOTRAB above! :D 

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  19. mikequillm

mikequillm Wrecker

Aside from the hollow shit that looks like the best non-mp hasbro has come up with in years. Gonna get it. I'll see which looks best with despotron. Thanks guys

• Like Like x 4
  20. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    Well, you can probably tell how TT's will differ to match up better with MP10.

-blue fists
    -more grey in the torso
    -no arm stickers/arrows painted yellow
    -whiter hip area
    -painted grey toes

Will probably need to figure out out now whether any of that is worth an extra $50-60...

• Like Like x 3