Transformers: Generations - Power Of The Primes Official Images From Hasbro

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

I would love for Generations to become the main toy line with a cartoon series on mainstream TV.

However, naysayers kept saying that we do not need a G1 reboot, go back and watch the G1 cartoon, or that the toys will suffer the fate of RID engineering.

Honestly, a G1 reboot with an updated story line along the lines of modern serious cartoon series like Transformers Prime or Young Justice would be extremely awesome.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    The problem with this is that the main series is geared towards younger kids then it was 5 years ago. Not Rescue bots young but close. If Generarions was to become the main child centric series it would suffer the same fate as RID. As is, Generations has become something of a staple line has yearly gimmicks that keep it new in the eyes of chidren that like it as well as us collectors.

• Like Like x 1
  3. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    They did do that though, the cartoon was called Transformers Animated.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    One of the biggest things about new Transformers TV series is that most of those cars from the G1 show were based off of real cars. And I don't think Hasbro has the money to license characters from new shows into real cars. They can only afford fake cars.

5. Metalwario64

Metalwario64 City Commander

There's nothing stopping them from doing what they've been doing: making the cars resemble real ones as much as possible, with enough differences needed to get by the licensing. That's what they've done through most of Classics through Generations.

• Like Like x 2
  6. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

It is called Transformers Prime. Animated messed with the G1 lore a lot. Prime kept quite true to it, but I do not think it is enough. Some things that could have been changed:

1. Use updated G1 designs for the characters instead of movie-influenced design. The War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron games did well on this.

2. Remove the children, and replace Fowler with Spike. Give him a government agent kind of role with a character like the Cassey Jones of Tranformers.

3. Shockwave should experiment on Combiner technology instead, so Predaking can be a Combiner.

4. The RID sequel could have an upgraded Bumblebee with a Goldbug design, and use the real Grimlock instead.

Why do people keep thinking a G1 reboot cartoon has to be completely G1? Think IDW or Generations instead.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Roadblock1977

Roadblock1977 Well-Known Member

The only complaint I have about Optimus Prime / Orion Pax is that there\'s no smokestacks in the truck mode.  

8. Probe

Probe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's detailing on those big hinges behind the shoulders that makes me think they're supposed to be the smokestacks

• Like Like x 2
  9. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Fixed that for you

10. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    for me animated was the worst, but ill admit that the art style was my real problem with the series. The story was probably good, I just couldnt get past the horrible art style.

so inappropriate for TFs IMVHO

• Like Like x 1
  11. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

And yet people hold up G1 has some grand example of story telling and quality animation.

12. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:

Now with 3d printers easy fix.

13. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    At first I wasn't thrilled that the Optimus just ended up looking like a G1 Prime/MP-10, was hoping it was going to be a new mold PM Prime, but the more I look at it, the figure just looks plain fun. Rodimus too. I remember trying to hook up my Hotrod to the Rodimus trailer when I was younger to make one figure become another (hey imagination, right). So these would have thrilled me when I was younger. Just soo much play value. As far as the rest of the stuff, kinda don't care about the Dinobots combining, but I have nothing against it, it's more I'm just not used to them merging. Individual modes look great and other than some aesthetics niggles here and there I am overall pleased. Only issue I have is the Predacons will be larger, but that's more of my thinking the Predacons (and Constructicons) are too big. If anything I would rather of had the Predacons be the normal size and the Dinobots being the Titan figure, so he could face off against Devastator.

• Like Like x 3
  14. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...the dinobots look pretty good; easy to ignore their combiner feature!..the obvious dinoforce pretooling makes me hopeful that we may also see abominus eventually reworked as monstructor, too: probably cheap repaints by hasbro, but i expect takara will retool other figures where appropriate...

...speaking of which, can slash form part of volcanicus, or is she merely an accessory, like powerglide?..

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Jerrimus

Jerrimus BOSS

Ebay:
    If there were enough people to support it I'm sure someone would have jumped on it a long time ago.

The folks who have that much of an issue with it to actually purchase the fix are very likely a super small majority. I have issues with some of the hollow-ness, and even given the option I doubt I'd pay the 10-15 bucks it'd cost to fill in forearm gaps on something that I've already paid that amount for, that just sits on the shelf 99.9 percent of its life.

Nonnef would be a millionaire by now if the market were so supportive of such a thing, and if he halfway had his shit together. Don't get me wrong, I've got some of the combiner feet. But damn. Pipe dream we're talkin here.

16. antapp

antapp Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Sludge looks ill.....

17. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It may not have a cartoon series, but I'm pretty sure Generations IS the main toy line now.

• Like Like x 2
  18. battery1979

battery1979 Combiner

Help us Obi Wan K'Netflix, you're our only hope. It would be cool if we could get a Generations cartoon produced by Hasbro/DreamWorks and distributed on Netflix like Voltron's new Legendary Defender.

• Like Like x 4
  19. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am in love with every one of these figures.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    These are absolutely gorgeous. Keep up the amazing work hasbro!

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.