Transformers Generations 2010 Released in Japan

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Ricochet, Nov 20, 2010.

1. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:

No kidding, we need one every 6 months:lol .

2. G1-LORD GANGSTA

G1-LORD GANGSTA Banned

Yea i figured that what i really ment was when they would release him in the reveal the shield line, and im confident takaras perceptor will have chrome i have seen some pictures of one with no chrome hopfully hasbro has the chrome.

3. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i sorta recall it take at least 2 years to turn around an MP design, mostly design, engineering and marketing. manufacturing and distribution while takes longer than regular stuff - more parts, less item per carton - is prolly the least logistic concern, i'd guess.

theres a reason its called masterpiece. otherwise theyd just be regular leader class toys.

(in fact, we dont get that much leader class toys per year too. used to be we just get 2-3 per line/year, something that blows out like the movie toys get up to 5/6 over 2 years). so you will never get multiple MPs a year. NEVER.

i want to eat ice cream for every meal but that doesnt mean i'm supposed to.

4. G1-LORD GANGSTA

G1-LORD GANGSTA Banned

The point is you can, if you want too, and hastak wanted to they can and and maybe some day they will, you know better than ever to say never, and who ever said you wernt supposed to not eat ice cream that is your choice they can do as many mp as they want too if they choose too, will they most likely not BUT MAYBE THEY WILL WE DONT KNOW THAT, looking at mp Roddy IMO will be the best one to date. And also to prove my point movie verse mp starscream and bumblebee battle ops and mp09 will thats 3 mp in one year so yea its safe to say with conviction more than one mp a year is certinaly possible with out ?

5. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    There doesn't seem to be that big of a difference between Hasbro's Classics 3.0 figures & TakTom's. What happened to all the lashings of chrome on TakTom's repaints? I feel let down... :lol 

6. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Just because it's possible for something to happen doesnt mean it can or will. There are still financial concerns involved with the development of an MP class toy. Also can or will the market bear that MP class toy? It's a balance that any company has to weigh when they make their decision to produce a specific product.

Also SS and BB may be released in Japan under the MP line but that they dont really count since they were developed for the ROTF line as leader class toys (or in the case of BB, an ultimate class or whatever he was called). Those two toys sharing a development budget with the other 3 leader class toys for a toy line that had/has a much larger marketing audience.

So basicly we're still left with one true MP figure since MP Grimlock's release 18 months or so ago.

7. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Wow. Excellent TF picture book :D 
    Thanks S250 for the scans. Nice.

8. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    I know. I can't wait either. This rodimus is pretty much the transformers toy i've always wanted. after this I'm not sure what I really want them to make. This is my grail.

9. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    For all we know the one we've seen so far is the Hasbro one.

10. siege187

siege187 Member

So is the release date for MP Roddy confirmed for Dec 2010? Would save me having to cook a second Xmas dinner when he arrives

11. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Wasn't it already said in this thread that it will be the end of Jan (?)

12. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Hmm from the pictures it looks like MP Rodimus is in his own scale... smaller than Prime & Megatron, larger than the Seekers and Grimlock. Which kind of sucks if you want to display him with other characters. I'm still buying him but it still would have been nice if he was in scale with either Prime or the Seekers.

13. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Yes January 29th, 2011.

14. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Some very cool scans here... Love the extensive Rodimus coverage, and the prototypes of Transformers Hero are interesting to look at - Really shows how it progressed into Animated.

Oh, and now I've seen the tampo on his hood, looks like I'll getting United Tracks instead of the RtS version...

15. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm still sticking with Hasbro Tracks. It's cheaper to get a sticker from reprolabels than to buy the Tomy version.

16. siege187

siege187 Member

Hmm I thought someone said it was pushed forward to Dec in the thread and it had semi been confirmed by a retailer, mind u could have been wishful thinking

17. G1-LORD GANGSTA

G1-LORD GANGSTA Banned

Again, some people just dont get it for what ever reason, the fact is we do deserve it and its owed to us we the fans is why they are in buissness:banghead:  And the fact is hastak would agree of course the would give why they couldnt but would aggree. Im stateing the facts movie ss and bumblebee along with ghoststarscream and sleepmode prime its clear that we can get more than one mp a year its been done regardless of what they are still considerd mp so there you go THE FACTS DONT LIE.

18. G1-LORD GANGSTA

G1-LORD GANGSTA Banned

Yes the book does state its gonna be pushed forward to DECEMBER yes that would be very good news indeed WE DESERVE IT:wink: 

19. G1-LORD GANGSTA

G1-LORD GANGSTA Banned

Yes i agree about tracks, im happy with my hasbro version repro lables will make a decal for him or have them custom make one for you, looking at mp Roddy his waist looks fragil i hope its nothing like megs my friend snaped his at the waist joint, but i love the way mp Roddy matrix looks very good looking, i really hope he not bigger than grimmy they appear about the same, i have mp04 grimmy comes to about almost half to his upper chest in the book Roddy comes to the same point to sleep mode prime so yea they are about the same height i will just not extend Roddy legs to keep him shorter at the hips to be more in scale with grimmy,seekers,and my faithleader prime.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  20. crasis

crasis Yahk Deculture!

News Credits:
    Alright, based on these pictures I went ahead and preordered Grapple, Tracks, Wreck-Gar and Scourge from Captured Prey. His prices certainly beat BBTS (and even HLJ, considering the current yen nightmare) this time around. Scourge is the only one I had to debate, since he essentially looks like the Hasbro (in the end I figured he can be my Scourge, and a handful of Hasbro ones can be Sweeps), but the others are noticeably different. Don't believe me? Check the Wreck-Gar in the Generations book photo compared to the Hasbro stock photos.