Transformers Generations 2010 Released in Japan

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Ricochet, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Man, that Tracks is tempting...

And I guess that that Wheeljack pic that came out last week is the United, not Generations. Wonder what the US version will look like.

2. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    As if TakTom doesn't get enough appreciation considering a majority of this site consider them gods to Hasbro's "devil".

3. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Haha, get bent, rubsigns.

4. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I dig those TF: Hero concepts. Not really sure what most of those would actually transform into, but they're kind of neat looking robots. Lots of unique personality.

5. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess that's true..but that pretty much goes for everybody, the people who like or dislike something, for every Transformers version! :) 

I agree that it matches what is on CN perfectly. The style is very reminiscent of things like the old Batman cartoon, or Teen Titans. It's been really hot lately, so yeah, maybe a bit too many cartoons are going with this style. On the other hand, for Transformers, it's something new. The bright and cheerful looking style was definitely not done before, so I think it was a bit more new than the Hero designs, whicht brought alot of cool new elements as well, but I think was a bit closer to home, too.

I agree some of the Hero designs had some cool wild design elements..heck, alot of them were transferred over into Animated. Here's hoping someday they'll do more with these designs! :thumbs2: 

Sorry to hear that you really liked the style. Again, hoping that the designs will eventually find their way into some released products.

And yeah ok, I have to agree with the tracing thing, seems I misinterpreted you before :)  It IS a shame when I see people create new Animated characters by simply tracing an existing one and adding a couple more elements! I've seen some cool design elements go wasted because somebody didn't take the time to think out the entire body, and just went with Megatron instead, stuff like that :( . I hope I'm doing a bit better but I'll let other people decide that.

6. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

nothing much new here, japanese releases make ours look like crap /shrug another day in transfandom.

transformers hero concepts are WAY better than prime (except optimus's monkey arms, guess they were going for trukk and munky at the same time lol)

still want MP Roddy:cry 
    all those animated characters I never saw before looks really awesome, Grandus lol

7. Chaddicus

Chaddicus Don't call me Shirley

So possible confirmation that we're getting a little spike and daniel from the prototype photos showing how the mini figs fit inside the cabs for Roddy.

8. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sweet MP Roddy Matrix! I have a happy.

9. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't you just LOVE how the guy put HUGE S250 tampographes all over the pages? Because being the first to post scans of an obscure pamphlet about toys of giant transforming robots is a HUGE award, certainly. Heaven forbid someone stole your pics and posts them as his own! [/sarcasm]

A friend of mine will get the book in a few days, I bet he can make scans without huge letters obscuring the pictures, if anyone is interested in something.

10. Digilaut

News Credits:
    S250 has had numerous Transformers-related scoops for a long time, and he has no problem with sharinng any of it with us - but he does have his own website. Like any website, he has a stamp on the images, yes, to prevent websites from stealing the news and presenting it as their own. Every site does this, even TFW2005. Even if S250 chooses to put a watermark over the image, it's not that distracting, is it?...

11. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Nah, I bet it's the Hasbro one still. It's toy colored and the original picture of it (which is the same picture here) said it was the overseas version (aka Hasbro's).

I imagine a TakaraTomy one would be more cartoon colored, with gray parts instead of black.

Randy

12. ALEXD3498

ALEXD3498 Godmaster

They need to make rodimus come with Spike and Daniel. Do you think it will come with them because in the project rodimus pictures, the have people sitting on rodimus's seats

13. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    A quick reminder ; takara tfs sometimes have more paint because their retail price is usually twice the hasbro equiv.

14. G1-LORD GANGSTA

G1-LORD GANGSTA Banned

Hmm it says Masterpiece Rodimus release date is now december or maybe some mistake, but hopefully yes. United versions jazz,tracks looks good but im thinking i will stick with my hasbro versions that i got at walmart 4 days ago. Does any one now if mp09 release date has been moved to december?

15. Digilaut

News Credits:
    But sometimes these images are of the hand-painted prototypes, in which case it becomes harder to say if it will be the US or Japan version!

16. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Retailers are still saying 1/29/2011 for Rodimus.

17. Tux Chaos X

Tux Chaos X Spades Slick

Wow, that MP Rodimus Convoy/Prime has quite the cheaty transformation :p  Given how incredibly simple the Prime -> Hot Rod change is (pull down the spoiler, shorten the legs, and flip up a new face [not even on a swivel like the Seekers?]), I'm sure they could have gotten a decent triple-changer with robot/sportster/Winnebago cab working out well. As it stands, it's a nice figure, but I'd have no problems picking up the Hasbro version if I was interested more in the figure.

The TF:A models are really nice; does anyone know if they are produced like this in one of the Almanacs? (also, I had no idea Tracks was wearing glasses; I thought it was some weird blue under-eye liner)

18. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

Hasbro's Wheeljack will be part of the Reveal The Shield line, and will thus have a rubsign. The Wheeljack shown here has a red Autobot insignia, and is thus the Takara version. As far as I know, we have yet to see the Hasbro deco for Wheeljack.

19. Lockdown_024

Lockdown_024 Bounty Hunter

Tracks looks so much better with his old flame deco and shiny paint job. RTS ain't got nothing on United when it comes to him.
    Jazz looks awefully... Well, like his RTS version. I want to see some more pictures of him (well, up close pictures of him) before deciding if I'm going to go for his RTS version or shell out the extra $$$ for his United version.

20. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Gah, Perceptor. The alt mode looks so much nicer with the extra paint but I'm torn on the bot mode as the Hasbro version looks so good with the chrome. He's certainly missing it on the dials on his arms, the chest might be chromed but it's hard to tell. I suppose he looks more LSOTW with the lower torso painted though.