Transformers: Generations #2

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Omega Supreme-1, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A reprint of the Marvel Comics Transformers issue # 13 known as Shooting Star was released by IDW. I just happened to pick it up and decided to share some info with the board. They continue to use the glossy paper which looks nice, and the restoration on this issue is much better preserved than Issue 1: Warriors School. Overall, the quality is really good for a 2 dollar book from an old comic. Though I wouldn't recommend the title unless you want to relive a retro issue or if you have the original Shooting Star. I picked up the alternate cover by Nick Roche because I really don't like the Ashley Wood cover again. I haven't had a real chance to seriously read the actual issue, I just skimmed it over to check out the restoration.

2. JoshBot

JoshBot Well-Known Member

You know what'd be cool? If they started adding little six or eight page original back-up stories to these reprints, like Marvel did when they were reprinting old X-Men issues. It'd give a lot more incentive to buy them and also provide a great venue to showcase fan artists and writers.

3. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Unfortunately, all they want for Transformers is Simon Furman. Trust me, I'm one of about 10 people who've asked and gotten the same generic response.

But that's ok. I've got my own thing going on now.

4. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

be REALLY nice if the recolored the issues. big color dots on modern paper? WTF is IDW thinking?

5. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    They're not thinking. The proof is the horrid G1 book their trying to pass off as a comic. Still, I enjoy the chance to get old G1 issues and not pay inflated back issue prices.

6. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I enjoyed getting these in TPB form over the last few years and these are redundant.

7. JoshBot

JoshBot Well-Known Member

Is that just in regard to fan writers, or is does that include industry professionals? Because if it does, that's a shame. I know we're getting some new blood in the Evolution books, but it'd be really nice to have a fresh voice working on the main title.

I agree. Be it back-up stories, redone coloring or whatever, IDW really needs to bring something new to this book for it to be successful.