Transformers generation One Identification and price guide

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by G1Trypticon, Sep 24, 2009.

1. G1Trypticon

G1Trypticon Banned

do you guys know if i can find a place online where i can read the identification price guide online or does any1 know a place where i can watch a review of someone doing a review of identification and price guide on yout tube. When i mean review where they go through the booklet and identify all the characters i'm only interested the ones from 1984-1987 though.

2. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Your best bet for a price guide is probably Ebay, since the market for vintage stuff is always fluctuating.

As for an ID guide, Transformerland.com has a pretty nifty search engine.

Bumping this over to TF Toy Discussion, btw.

3. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  4. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    That's not too bad a book at all but IMO if you want the ultimate G1-G2 pictorial guide, There's only one book you need to acquire: :) 

[​IMG]

I grabbed mine from Amazon Japan a couple of years ago (I found it by googling its ISBN) & its awesome catalogue of pics has made me spend much more on TFs than I had ever intended to... :eek: 

Oh & this is my 500th Post! Woo Hoo! [​IMG] & it only took me 8 months to get there... :lol 

5. megatronski

megatronski PURGE THE HERETIC

News Credits:
  6. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would go w/ Mark's full sized G1 price guide. It doesn't have Japanese releases like the one Black_Sheep's does, but has every state side release from '84 - '90. Plus its chuck full of a lot of useful information, a break down each toys most commonly lost pieces, and which ones will be the hardest to acquire. You can still get a new copy, even though it's out of print, for less than cover price from one of Barns & Nobel's Authorized Book Sellers. Enjoy! :) 

[​IMG]

7. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    This...

I have this book, and it's a great resource for info on the American release G1 toys.

BTW- How can I find that other book posted here? The one The Black Sheep posted?

8. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd recommend Bellomo's full-sized guide as well - it's absolutely fantastic.

I'm glad the internet hasn't completely ended the publication of such guides...

9. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    I searched Ebay for ages for it but it never seemed to get listed (& when it does, it goes for a fortune eg. the original & deluxe edition). I thought to myself "How else can I find one?" & I decided to google its ISBN Number - just incase. Google directed me to Amazon Japan which had it listed for just a 3rd of its Ebay price. Bargain! :)  I managed to order it using Google's translation & 1 week later I had it in my hands (I live in Sydney, Aus). So if I were you, I'd keep scouring the 'Bay as well as googling its ISBN Number. Hopefully you'll get lucky & it won't end up costing you a fortune. :)