Transformers Games

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by weeklyhero, Sep 6, 2010.

1. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

So now that we've got a pretty successful Transformers game with War for Cybertron (unless you own a Wii, that is), it got me thinking what other Transformer game would you want?

1) Fighting game in the vien of Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat, possibly in a 3D environment like the Transmetal game.

2) Another fighting game but along the lines of Super Smash Bros or Power Stone. Large horizontal or vertical combat areas with up to 4 players and a number of items.

3) An MMORPG. Create your own characters and interact with established Transformers.

4) An RPG similar to the Japanese styles. Control a small party of already established characters as you play through a long and detailed story.

5) A Tactics game where you control a small army of Transformers with large amounts of skills and customization.

6) A racing game, styled like Mario Kart. Lots of options for vehicular combat here.

7) Anything else.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  2. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    3 has been a long-term dream for the fanbase, but I don't think we'll ever get it.

3. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A sequel to the amazing PS2 game Transformers Tatakai, a true G1 game for TRUE G1 fans...

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    A racing game, starring speedy characters like Blurr, Override and the Stunticons, could be pretty sweet. I also like the MMORPG and tactics ideas.

5. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I would like a more mecha, flying and fighting type game. I'm a big fan of the Gundam games.+

6. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    First give me War for Cybertron 2. Next give me World of Cybertron (an MMO of Guild Wars style MMO).

7. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I just rather get more games in vein of War For Cybertron.

8. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    a drinking game

9. adamme

adamme Well-Known Member

i think i'd like a similar game to War For Cybertron, except set on earth G1 days with Prime and the rest of the team, possibly more autobots available though

10. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    3, 4 and 5 please and thank you

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    How 'bout all of the above.

A story campaign mode like wfc, with free range like Armada, Have different continuities. (So you can play G1, BW, A/E/C, Animated, WFC/Prime and TFTM series.) Escalation, multiplayer modes with wfc or well Halo kinda playability and a deathmatch mode like street fighter, mortal kombat or super smash bros.)

I ask for to much huh?

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'd like a game that combines action sequences with a "commander mode". So as well as playing as a Transformer out in the field, you get to make decisions that affect how characters react to you, in all sorts of weird and wonderful ways.

My ideal would be the Transformers equivalent of Fallout 3. You get a freshly minted Protoform Transformer whose identity you create through your actions in the game world. Thrust into the middle of the war with barely an idea of whose side you were built to be on, you are given the freedom to explore and interact with characters. Say you find a hostage situation, you can:
    A) Beat up the kidnappers and free the hostages.
    B) Beat up the kidnappers and then demand the hostages turn over all their upgrades and weapons before sending them on their way.
    C) Side with the kidnappers and collect the ransom.
    D) Side with the kidnappers, keep the ransom for yourself and fight them off later when they come to get even.
    E) Shoot them all and let Primus sort them out.

Obviously A) would be the "pure Autobot" choice, B) would be either the "noble Decepticon" or "badass Autobot" choice. C) is the loyal Decepticon route, D) is the opportunist route, and E) is the route that pretty much ensures the Autobots will shoot you on sight and the Decepticons will send you on missions that you're not meant to survive.

That's my ideal. It'd probably not happen simply because of the amount of death that would be involved.

My personal dream right now is to create a Super Robot Wars style game starring the different Transformers series in a cross-continuity mash-up. I've been planning it for a few months and I'd like to say I've got something to show for it. Truth is, I have all the technology, but minimal working graphics and I've not been able to load up what I do have.

It might eventually happen, but not for a long time yet.

13. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    I want something like WFC, but it would feature Autobots, Decepticons, Maximals, Predacons, and Vehicons. In it you could pick your own faction, with Autobot or Decepticon. Once your character enters the Beast Era, they become Maximal or Predacon. After the Great War/Beast Wars, they either stay as Maximals or become Vehicons.

Good Guy side:
    First five levels would feature Autobots and Decepticons. Then the bosses would be Starscream, Megatron, Galvatron, and Unicron. First level would be on Cybertron, no boss on this level. Mainly a rookie introduction level. Level two is on Cybertron, days before the Arks leaves. Level three takes places on the attack of Autobot City. Then the level four takes place when Galvatron first makes his self known to the Autobots. Level five is the Unicron battle.

The next five would feature the final years of the Great War, but using the Maximals and Predacons. The bosses would be Cryotek, the Tripredicus Council, and Megatron. Your character has became one of the first Maximals. You first battle on Cybertron against new Predacon forces led by Cryotek, takes up two levels. Then you encounter the forces of the Tripredicus Council on Cybertron, takes up two levels. Then your called for a secret mission. Cybertron has found out a rogue Megatron has stolen the golden disk. Then you battle Megatron and his forces.

The next five levels would feature Maximal against Vehicons. Bosses would be Vehicon drones, Jetstorm, Tankorr/Rhinox, Obsidian, and Optimal Megatron. Cybertron has been enslaved and your character has avoided the Vehicons, but your been hit with a strange virus. Level 11, avoid Vehicon capture and try to find away to repair your self. Level 12, After being reformatted, you are to look for others survivors. Then has to battle against jet drones and finally Jetstorm. Level 13, Tankorr/Rhinox has found the key to Vector Sigma. You have to stop him and his tank drones from killing all organics. Level 14, Megatron has brought back one of Cybertron's greatest generals. You must help the other Maximals escape his new forces and battle against Obsidian. Level 15, the Maximals have rescue the sparks. You help blow up a Vehicon plant and then join in the final battle for the liberation of Cybertron. Only you and Primal have escape getting their sparks remove. Now it's up to you and Primal to battle against Optimal Megatron.

Good guy ending: Primal and Megatron both get reformatted into Cybertron as your character was trying to reach the throne building. Cybertron has become technorganic and the sparks have been freed.

Bad guy ending (Over all plot):
    Optimus Prime has been killed by Megatron and the remaining Autobots are killed when Unicron attacks the Earth to destroyed the Matrix. Megatron and the Decepticons returns to Cybertron to help Shockwave to remove the remaining Autobots from the planet. Unicron attacks the planet and was destroyed by the Decepticon's heart of Cybertron. The Decepticons become the Predacons, who under a second Megatron has taken over many worlds with the help of Vehicon drones and their Predacon masters.

14. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1 and 6. A Transformers vs. Gundam fighting game would be cool.

15. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

1. Dream Mix TV

16. GAUGE

GAUGE In Art, Nothing Is Impossible.

News Credits:
    I think a Flash-Based Transformers MMORPG online game would be fun (plus you won't have to download anything to play it) because there's thousands of Characters to choose from and they could make shops where you could buy new Weps and parts so you could create your own ideal look. Some features (the basic ones) could be for free players while other features (the more powerful or in depth) could be for the paying members. Like how most of these types of games operate.

we could explore huge maps of massive landscapes, have quests, PvP, and even weekly events and holiday ones so you can collect rare parts weps and maybe even some sort of pet ala Petro Rabbit or Sharkticons or maybe even a Kremzeek. you get the jest of it,

I say starting out as just a basic shell aka Protoform with just the basic hand to hand fighting skill or maybe a basic gun or knife. and upon energon collecting and lvling up you can purchase better items and stronger weps and such as you mature in game and develope the look best suited for you, so your character can be totally unique to you.

Also you can level up, collect badges and unlock various achievements.

But the best feature of all, you can interact with other players form campaigns, factions, or the occasional battle party for taking down the huge epic bosses.

These lavished landscapes would contain many enemies, monsters, aliens, human groups or even other transformers. when you defeat, kill or destroy them they will drop exp. energon, and once in awhile the occasional weapon, parts, or pet depending on the enemy or boss.

You know how when you kill stuff you always want their armors or weapons. it could be like that. except this time you'd actually get to get them. the ratio of drops could depend on the rarity of the item, and the complexity of the boss and or basic enemies.

Also we could purchase our very own Ark or Nemesis class ship, form crews and fly to other planets and explore more maps and repeat the process. or even create group for pillaging and plundering. Finally Cannonball can have a purpose as an NPC giving orders to his crew (you) to rob planets of there energy resources, weapons etc.

I think in the end, if the right people could make this, this game could perhaps outsell and out perform WoW and other games like that.

And yes. less human involvement could play a factor however you'd still have to do quests to fight evil humans or same the innocent ones from Decepticons etc. unless of course "you" are a decepticon in which case you kill them all and get achievements based on that.

The Autobots can finally do what they were created to do. Explore and gather data. the decepticons could conquer. or you could play the shattered Glass way and role reverse. :) 

You could explore Unicron's gigantic planet surface. or venture deep within him ala TFTM 1986 while getting attacked by his defenses all the while collecting drops exp and energon. and customizing your characters.

and yes best of all....you could still transform. :) 

All the NPCs would be mainline TF characters such as Prime Megatron etc.

It's would be such a great game set in real time. the fun.

ah, but all this is just a glorified pipe dream.

17. Takeout

Takeout Mistress of the Night

1, 3, 4 and 5 please.