Transformers games on DS are awesome.

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by orionpax55, Nov 8, 2011.

1. orionpax55

orionpax55 Active Member

(Just wanted to break up all the WFC/FOC talk, because I'm poor, and thus cannot afford the strange next-generation technology known as an "X-Box 360")
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ...At least most of them are, I haven't played Dark of the Moon, it looks very 'meh. I'm sure plenty of people will vouch for me when I say the 2007 batch of games was awesome, likewise for WFC, so I'll spend my time speaking something maybe five people will agree with, Revenge of the Fallen was a cool DS game.

Yes, I said it, and I stand by it, it's a very fast-paced action game with a cool selection of weapons, has the light RPG elements of all the DS games, has better graphics than the first game, a good variety of environments thanks to the premise, and music that is a substantial improvement on the first game.
    The only complaints anyone ever has are about how it isn't the first game, which is wrong to say, because it isn't trying to be the first game.
    Of course, there is a legitimate complaint in how the two versions of the game aren't that different.

Don't mean to steer the thread into ROTF talk, general DS game discussion is what this is meant to be. Have Fun!

2. Ranger Silver 6

Ranger Silver 6 Bang Bang

I love the ds games, I still haven't finished any of them.

3. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I love the WfC DS games. I can only hope FoC has as many characters as the DS games did.

4. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    All of the DS games since the first film have been great, except ROTF, IMO. I haven't played DOTM though.

The first game - loved the story and character for each bot and game. Some of the voices in this game I still hear when I imagine the characters speak to this day (Barricade, Starscream, Brawl, Blackout). I'm also grateful for the fact I can play as RATCHET. I loved the fact we could scan and adopt whatever form we wanted, and the wide open spaces of the maps.

ROTF - ... Eh. I couldn't scan whatever car I wanted, no free-roam. No playing as the Autobots in multiplayer. No Ironhide, Ratchet, or Starscream (basically). Wonky flight levels as Breakaway and Starscream.

WFC - Excellent. I would've liked more voice acting and cutscenes akin to the first movie game, but it's not really a detractor. LOVED the environments (Kaon, the space levels), and the fact you would physically fight Omega Supreme and Trypticon. And of course, the buttload of exclusive characters like Grimlock, Cyclonus, Jazz, Motormaster, etc. Kup even made a cameo!

I haven't played DOTM so I can't judge. It looked good from what I saw. But I have high hopes for FOC... hopefully they're still lived up to!

5. Ironhidebot

Ironhidebot Wrecker

I've played all of the DS games, and I wish that they had a sandbox element like the first game, that still remains my favorite game, although it does have some terribly annoying elements, like the music

6. orionpax55

orionpax55 Active Member

You see, that's what I was saying, everyone who hates ROTF seems to hate it mostly (not entirely, mind you.) because it ditches the really cool stuff the first game did, I was pretty disappointed by that at first, but I got over it pretty quickly.

And yes, the story for both of the first games, while not special, did really make the game as cool as it is, and strangely, does a better job at the whole "plot" thing then the console version. Having Peter Cullen voicing Prime probably helped, admittedly, I haven't played the Decepticons version, but I have seen plenty of gameplay, and it really makes me feel like getting a copy, because it is different from the Autobots version, and that counts for a lot.

7. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
  8. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    yeah,they are pretty cool.
    My favorite ones are TF1 and WFC. I hope FoC is as good as WFC.that game rocked
    ROTF game is pretty cool. My only problem is that you can't chooce with whom to play. They could have done it like in WFC or DOTM.

DOTM game is...lacking something. Yeah,it fixes ROTF's problem , but the game itself isn't as fun as the previous three.